ABOUT THE SHOW
On this podcast, you’ll learn from global experts who are dedicating their lives to being a positive force for your physical and emotional wellness.
Your host, Josh Trent, wellness influencer & digital health technology expert, spotlights premier thought leaders in the fields of emotional intelligence, mindset, behavior change, health, wellness, fitness, & technology that empower you with the tools and inspiration to transform your mind, body, & spirit.
Every week, this is your trusted access to exceptional people that will teach you the connections between your emotions & healthy habits, to live your best life & enjoy the process.
After struggling with weight & health issues in adolescence, Josh lost over 75 lbs and transformed his own life by becoming a fitness professional & training over 10,000 sessions since 2004.
Listen as Josh showcases world class guests who are a real-life forces of wellness & discover how to change old habits with new technologies during in-depth expert interviews.
Topics include: behavior change, wellness, emotional intelligence, psychology, habits, technology, mindset, fitness, health, organic supplementation, bio-hacking, transformation, digital health, quantified self, mHealth, wearable technology, wellness applications and more.
If what we talk about on the show sparked something in you or resonated, please share it with friends or family that you care about.
Want to get in touch?
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what’s up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
“Change is difficult in the beginning and can get messier as we go, but it always starts with love.[...]
“They might not be able to understand that what’s going through a person’s mind doesn’t represent the person, but[...]
To celebrate the start of 2017, this episode is dedicated to spotlighting 7 powerful episodes and remembering what they taught[...]
Mike Boyle, author of “Advances in Functional Training,” joins our guest host Josh Trent on the Wellness Radio Podcast to discuss strength training, conditioning and nutrition. Mike is an internationally-know strength and conditioning specialist, author, and presenter. He is also the owner of MBSC Strength & Conditioning facility in Woburn, MA that was recently recognized By Men’s Health magazine as the #1 gym in the nation! Mike has produced 27 video and DVD projects all of which can be found at www.performbetter.com. Hosted by Josh Trent of www.wellnessforce.com. Sponsored by www.undergroundwellness.com
Rebecca Rovay-Hazelton, author of “Choosing Health” stops by the Underground Wellness Radio to discuss why diets don’t work and how we can turn mundane decisions about food and exercise into opportunities for choosing healthier lives. Topics will include customizing your diet to support metabolic individuality, goal-setting and motivational skills, improving digestive and adrenal health, and postural therapy. Learn more about Rebecca on her website, www.choosinghealthnow.com. Hosted by Josh Trent of www.WellnessForce.com
Listen to Josh Trent NASM-CES, CMTA of Wellness Radio interview live on fitness, nutrition, and weight loss with the leading authority in the nation on functional training, Juan Carlos Santana. Juan Carlos is an internationally-know trainer, author, and presenter. He is also the owner of The Institute of Human Performance in Boca Raton, Florida where he trains professional athletes, teams and MMA fighters. Hosted by Josh Trent of www.WellnessForce.com . Sponsored by www.UndergroundWellness.com
CLICK HERE FOR LIVE RECORDED BROADCAST
Anthony Carey, of Function First stops by Underground Wellness Radio to discuss his book, “The Pain Free Program” and his very own fitness product, the Core-Tex. Anthony has 21 years of experience working in the fitness, corporate wellness and athletic training industries, Master of Arts degree in biomechanics and athletic training from San Diego State University 1988, Bachelor of Science degree in exercise physiology from Trenton State College 1989, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Gold-Certified Advanced Health and Fitness Specialist through the American Council on Exercise. Hosted by Josh Trent of Wellness Force. Sponsored by www.UndergroundWellness.com
Tune in to Wellness Radio to learn about accountability and tracking from Josh Trent. Josh is a San Diego based Certified Personal Trainer, Corrective Exercise Specialist and Certified Metabolic Typing Advisor with a genuine passion for the health and fitness of the planet. Josh serves as a key motivator for kids, working professionals and anyone looking to lose weight and live a healthier life. Tune in to find out what Josh does to help his clients stay on track and get results.
In Episode 406 of “The Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore,” we are happy to share my chat with Josh Trent from “Wellness Force” to talk about his unique story about how he got so interested in health and nutrition after experiencing changes for himself. He’s quite an enthusiastic champion for living a lifestyle devoted to proper diet and fitness.
- Listen to Josh discuss how he went from being an athlete in high school to experiencing weight and health problems shortly after he graduated, why he quit his job and moved to Hawaii to get back into shape, what led him to becoming a personal trainer, how he ate a “death” low-carb plan to shed the pounds because it was what worked for him.
- Josh discusses why failing at weight loss is a necessary ingredient in being ultimately successful, the sample menus of what he ate during his weight loss, the biochemical “thumbprint” that each of us has that determines what nutritional plan is best for the individual, discovering the “balance” that was necessary for him.
- Learn whether he was concerned about consuming dietary fat from sources like coconut oil, the plethora of scientific research in support of low-carb diets, the organizations out there promoting negative images about healthy low-carb living.
- Learn about the exercise strategy he uses with his clients especially for people with adrenal fatigue, how he trains for people who want to run a marathon and why most people go overboard on “carb-loading.”
- Learn how the sweat rate doesn’t mean you’re exerting more, why getting the right kind of “more” exercise as you progress, his thoughts on the super-slow weight lifting concept, and Josh’s reaction to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines.
- Hear about Josh’s infamous McDonald’s “pull-ups” YouTube video, and the devious marketing that McDonald’s implores to pump their products.
- Discover if eating organic is an important element in health, why a “caveman diet” tends to be better than anything else, and why overeating on a real whole food is not as bad as eating too much junk food.
- Learn about the unmistakable brain/mental connection to weight loss, whether sugar is really killing us, why agave is not a health food, and the reason genetically-modified organisms were created and the unintended consequences of GMO foods.
- Learn about the negative implications of known neurotoxins like artificial sweeteners, why the obsession over calories is futile and how counting calories can be detrimental, the stressors that are raising cortisol levels, and some parting encouragement for listeners!