Exploring The Shadow Self For Healing: George Bryant
Exploring The Shadow Self For Healing: George Bryant
“There are 4 rules that I live by: no fault, no guilt, no blame, and no shame. In a 24-hour day, I probably go by those rules maybe for 30 minutes, but I always choose those 30 minutes wisely to forgive myself at that moment and move forward.” – George Bryant
How can you acknowledge, embrace, and neutralize feelings of shame, blame, and guilt in order to connect with the people in your life?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 216, New York Times Best-Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of the wildly popular Paleo food blog “Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations,” George Bryant, shares why you should focus on growing an authentic relationship with yourself first above all others, why talk therapy is one of the most underutilized forms of therapy, and the 3 things that every person needs in order to take action: Permission, Safety, and Accountability.
Get started on changing your life today with George's 5 As – Awareness, Acceptance, Action, Accountability, and Attitude.
The Paleo Kitchen
Get your copy of The Paleo Kitchen by George Bryant and Juli Bauer here!
Together, George and Juli have masterfully created daring flavor combinations that will bring your Paleo experience to a whole new level. This beautiful cookbook offers full-color photos along with tips, tricks, and anecdotes straight from the clever minds of these culinary mavericks.
The Paleo Kitchen boasts over 100 brand new recipes consisting of appetizers, entrées, side dishes, and decadent desserts that are sure to invigorate and please the fearless caveman palate.
Recipes from The Paleo Kitchen include:
· Sage and Shallot Delicata Squash Soup
· Citrus Mint Sugar Salad
· Blackberry Lavender Muffins
· Banana Chip French Toast
· Creamy Seafood Risotto
· Pepper Crusted Prime Rib
· Asian Marinated Bacon-wrapped Asparagus
· Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
· Blueberry Cheesecake
· Lime Pound Cake with Coconut Lime Frosting
Experience the Paleo you never thought possible!
The Paleo Kitchen – Juli Bauer & George Bryant
Listen To Episode 216 As George Bryant Uncovers:
- How the birth of his son completely helped him to change himself and made him want to connect more with people.
- The transformations he has gone through from his military career to PTSD.
- His struggles with bulimia when he was 15 years old and the abuse that both he and his brother experienced from their parents.
- The “I have to be the best” mindset he had going into the Marine Corps.
- How he developed exercise compartment syndrome by overworking his body and what it took to have it treated and to recover.
- The moment his father was diagnosed with cancer and how George helped him during that time up until his death.
- His process of acknowledging, embracing, and letting go of shame and other emotions in order to move forward.
- Why he decided to come out and be authentic at Paleo Fx about being sexually abused when he was a child.
- How talking and having a human connection to therapy can allow you to let go of old emotions, self-sabotage, and trauma.
- His own struggles with empathy in specific situations and how he became aware of it.
- How difficult it was to unravel 30 years of beliefs and create a new, authentic story in a short amount of time.
- The fact that more people aren't dealing with their inner traumas and depression when they should be.
- Different experiences people can have while undergoing MDMA therapy including his own.
- How he's now able to come from a place of love instead of experiencing cycles of anger.
- The work he does every day and the breakthroughs that have happened because of his daily practices.
- Why there's no cheating, only choices and it's okay if we fail because later we get to make a better choice.
- Why he actually doesn't like cooking and how he used it as accountability to help him grow.
- What's wrong with the Marine culture as far as pain, winning, and leadership.
- The biggest breakthrough he made this year – accepting that he can't do it all alone.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Talking, in general, is the most underutilized and important facet of any healing. I don't care if it's with a therapist, a mirror, or your dog. How do you neutralize fault, shame, blame, and guilt? It's really, really simple. Those emotions only have power over you as long as you allow them to stay your head.” – George Bryant
“There's this illusion that once you've done the work, you can let go of everything but that's not true at all. You learn how to coexist with the feeling to the point of where it's no longer toxic but neutral. As I go through my life and have all of these experiences, every one of these experiences is like a new neighbor moving into my neighborhood. The truth is that I really hate some of those neighbors and when I resist them, they resist back stronger. When I can love my neighbors by simply acknowledging their existence, they become neutral and I can choose not to listen to them or give them power for just 30 seconds before I take it back. It's a daily practice.” – George Bryant
“If there are any thoughts that we have in our brain, mind, or being that are taking up real estate or affecting an emotion that's anything but neutral, that only reason that it's capable of doing that is because there's only one person that knows that it's even happening and that's us. These thoughts keep us disconnected, in self-sabotage mode, and we stop ourselves from telling anybody because we want to be right about our stories and it's uncomfortable to go to the other side. However, the moment you can take a thought and speak it into the universe, it neutralizes the charge because it's no longer just yours; now it's everybody's.” – George Bryant
Five Keys To Thrive At Life
Links From Today's Show
- George Bryant
- Civilized Caveman
- The Paleo Kitchen by George Bryant and Juli Bauer
- Civilized Caveman Lifestyle Facebook Group
- George Bryant aka Civilized Caveman on Bacon and Have We Gone Too Far?
- Interview with George Bryant, Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Dr. Rick Doblin
- Paul Chek
- Shawn Stevenson
- WFR 071 Melissa Hartwig
- WFR 183 Dr. Kyra Bobinet
- WFR 196 Aubrey Marcus
- WFR 210 Brad Burge
About George Bryant
George Bryant is a professional Husband, Bonus Dad and family man. He is also the New York Times Best-Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of the wildly popular Paleo food blog “Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.” After spending the first 20-something years of his life in a constant battle with his weight, and then nearly losing both his legs while on deployment as a US Marine, George took matters into his own hands and began his own Paleo-journey. What started as a simple place to post recipes for friends has since turned into an award-winning food blog. After being in the Marines for 12 years, George has since been medically separated and is enjoying working fulltime creating delicious Paleo recipes, while hoping to change as many lives for the better by making REAL food recipes simple and tasty.