How To Reinvent Yourself: Peter Sage
“There’s a big difference in following your passion and following your potential. Following your passion is a comfort zone in which you feel good because there is no challenge. Following your potential will require you to leave that comfort zone in order to realize that potential.” – Peter Sage
Are you living up to your full potential and growing or are you staying in the comfort zone by pursuing your passions?
In Wellness + Wisdom episode 245, International Speaker, Entrepreneur, and Author of The Inside Track, Peter Sage, teaches us how to apply the skill of surrendering through different levels of consciousness, why we should be following our potential rather than our passion, and why our biggest fear that we're not enough is due to the false belief that our self-worth is tied to our net worth.
Discover the process of re-contextualizing negative thoughts when your outer world doesn't fit your inner world.'There's a massive difference between spending your life chasing success and spending your life chasing fulfillment.' - @PeterSage007Click To Tweet
The Inside Track
What happens when you put a non-criminal and one of the world's top experts in personal growth, into one of the toughest prisons in the UK? In 2017, that's exactly what happened to Peter Sage when, during a civil matter, he was found in contempt of court. What unfolded next has become a masterclass in how to turn adversity to your advantage.
The Inside Track is the collection of 11 private letters that Peter sent to his elite coaching groups throughout his 6-month sentence. Written in a conversational style, each one breaks down the actual tools, techniques, and insights he uses and shows you how to face any problem in your life from a place of power, not force. How to stay calm and positive when life hits you with a bat and turn your biggest challenges into your greatest achievements.
As you follow this unique and incredible story, you'll discover not only how Peter was able to thrive in a place where angels fear to tread, but also leave a lasting mark that is now helping thousands of lives.
Stop Waiting for Life to Happen | Peter Sage | TED Talks
Listen To Episode 245 As Peter Sage Uncovers:
- How he stumbled across the theme of personal growth and how that led him on a positive trajectory towards being an entrepreneur.
- How we can go with the flow when unexpected events come up in life.
- What guidance he was missing in high school that led him to leave in order to pursue more from life as an entrepreneur.
- Why the ultimate resource we have is being able to be resourceful on our own.
- The pros and cons of the modern education system in this century.
- The path he went on to become successful through personal growth and entrepreneurship.
- Why knowing one thing but doing another are completely different and you have to apply what you've learned to really see results.
- The revelation he had that by applying himself, he had nothing to lose by trying.
- Why we have this need to be right in order to feel validated whether that's in relationships, politics, or war.
- Our brain's chemistry connection to our physical sensations and how that applies to negative or positive thinking.
- How our brain is built to adapt to different environments, stressors, and situations.
- His book, The Inside Track, and what he witnessed and experienced while spending 6 months in one of the toughest jails in the UK, Pentonville, and how that was his ‘graduation event'.
- How meeting with and speaking with the prisoners of Pentonville about themselves helped him to realize the differences between freedom and liberty.
- His bought of illness while competing in the Marathon des Sables and what lesson he learned about selflessness and the ego.
- Willpower and how he has fueled his inspiration over the years amongst all the changes and obstacles he has faced.
- Our various views on money as either creating wounds and frustration or bringing us energy.
- How anyone is capable of reinventing themselves in order to reach their full potential.
- What it truly means to surrender from a higher power of vibration.
Power Quotes From The Show'The difference between freedom and liberty is that freedom is a state of mind and the only thing that can be reduced is your liberty. No one can take away your freedom.' - @PeterSage007Click To Tweet
“An entrepreneur is simply being independent. Do you rely on something or someone else in order to get what you need to move forward or are you able to create that on your own? That's the essence of an entrepreneur whether you're a parent, mother, or a business owner.” – Peter Sage
“Depending on where your progress is at, the word, “surrender” will come into play at different levels of meaning. If you're in a lower vibrational aspect or state of consciousness, you're going to hear the word, “surrender” from a place of acquiesce or giving up and being dominated. If you're coming from a place of power and you're swimming with the river of life rather than against it, then you can come from a place of surrendering in which you're allowing for yourself to be taken from something that's greater than you because you're putting your trust in the universe or whatever you believe in.” – Peter Sage
“The biggest challenge with money when it comes to the frustration and feeling wounded by it can be narrowed down to one false belief that our net worth is tied to our self-worth because the greatest fear we have as human beings is that we're not enough. Money is nothing more than a way that we perceive value. Most people will compromise their values around money faster than anything else to avoid the fear that they're not enough.” – Peter Sage
How to Motivate Yourself To Work Harder (Instantly)
Links From Today's Show
- Peter Sage
- The Inside Track by Peter Sage
- Peter Sage: Keeping It Real Behind Bars
- Peter Sage's Top 10 Rules For Success
- Peter Sage – How To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts
- Team Sage – Our 2020 Vision
- Peter Sage – Lessons From My Skiing Accident
- Motivation vs Inspiration
- Steve Jobs Connect the Dots Quote
- Tony Robbins
- Wallace Wattles
- Napoleon Hill
- Michael Pollan
- Marathon des Sables
- WFR 226 Paul Chek
- WFR 236 Dr. Michael Ruscio
About Peter Sage
is a well known international & serial entrepreneur, author, philosopher, and teacher. His unique way of looking at and relating to life has inspired tens of thousands of people worldwide to reinvent themselves. Whether by improving or turning around a business or developing a new and empowering psychology through practical yet profound shifts in awareness, Peter hopes his insights and teachings can offer something of value to those who seek it.