Brain Flip Weight Loss: David Zappasodi
“The root of the weight loss problem isn't in your thinking. The root of the problem is a survival brain association that was formed when you were younger around food and stress to survive. Trying to identify this association by using your conscious mind simply mind doesn't pair up no matter how hard you try. That's the only problem you have; you're trying to use a tool that isn't designed to fix the deeper block. It's like you're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.” – David Zappasodi
What can you learn from your emotional pain in order to end food cravings, addictions, and unhealthy attachments?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 229, Author of #1 International Bestseller, Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind, Creator of The 4 Shifts To Absolute Weight Loss training, and Founder of Empowered Health, David Zappasodi, returns to reveal how his clients are getting over food addiction in just 4-6 days with his breakthrough “brain flip method,” how to identify when you’re ready for a real-life change, and the differences between the survival, reptilian brain, and the conscious mind.
Learn all about the 3 Brain Flip Stages and how they can drastically help you let go of the old weight, connect more with your loved ones, and empower you to live a healthier life.
The ONE THING That Creates Obstacles to Weight Loss
Listen To Episode 229 As David Zappasodi Uncovers:
- Transitions he's made in his coaching style to better help his clients with resolving their cravings.
- Why you might not be on the right path in your wellness journey if you're at the same place as you were before a year ago from now.
- The differences between the survival, the reptilian brain, and the conscious mind.
- Examples of how he's helped clients with their brain flip including one woman with a craving for diet soda.
- How we're conditioned to associate foods with feeling better and being comforted when we're sad or hurt.
- Why we're wired to associate past experiences and memories with our senses such as smell and taste.
- The cycle we go through during a moment of indulgence from being tense to just relaxed.
- Why it's so vital that a brain flip process occurs during their moment of indulging in something such as soda or ice cream.f
- How studying marketing is actually really beneficial for him to be able to help his clients with their cravings.
- His counterintuitive methods and why it works for his clients in helping them relieve emotional pain.
- Why we need to become a gardener for our thoughts and feelings when trying to create healthier habits.
- How brain flips are able to happen in just 4-6 days.
- What you can do in this moment to start ending negative associations with past events or memories.
- How to make that unsafe feeling actually feel safer when going through a brain flip and making changes in your life.
- What actually happens in the moment of working towards a complete brain flip.
- Why focusing too much on our past, faults and problems we've had could create and bring that identity into our future.
- How he defines generosity and how it comes into play during brain flip sessions for both ourselves and our tribe.
- How his brain flip therapy differs from traditional talk therapy or support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous and Overeaters Anonymous.
- His own experience using his brain flip method on himself to help break the connection between watching movies and ice cream eating habits.
- What happens after the brain flip and how we can use that for momentum to keep up with behavior change.
Power Quotes From The Show
“I don't try to help people lose weight so that they can transform their lives later. I help them to drastically and intensely transform their lives right away and then I help them lose the weight. Once we have the brain flip transformation, the survival brain where ice cream no longer equals enjoyment but pain switches the flip so that being overweight no longer means feeling safe anymore but unsafe. Once the conscious brain and the survival brain are one in the same intention, it's easy to change your life and lose weight easily but you have to go through the pain of the brain flip first before you can get to that point.” – David Zappasodi
“I think traditional talk therapy is great in certain circumstances but in another case, the more that we focus on our past and the problems we've had, the more we create an identity where we bring that into the future and we keep perpetuating it. So, I don't have people focus on their faults at all. I have them listen to an audio of them talking about all the painful things but when they of thoughts and memories come up, we don't try to deal with it, forgive anybody, or anything like that. We just keep going with the practice and all of those mental images and emotions just iron themselves out.” – David Zappasodi
“Generosity is when we're willing to get out of our comfort zone and do something different which will allow us to let go of the past; to generously give it away. The saying, ‘If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.' That's the opposite of generosity. Generosity is doing something different so that you get a different result. In the process of getting a different result, you're letting go and generously giving away what's no longer needed.” – David Zappasodi
How To Take Action For Weight Loss Now
As Mentioned on WFR: Robb Wolf's latest book, Wired to Eat!
Links From Today's Show
- David Zappasodi
- Robb Wolf's book: “Wired To Eat” for more on the survival brain and cravings
- WFR 103 Robb Wolf: Wired To Eat
- Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind by David Zappasodi
- Brain Flip Weight Loss with David Zappasodi
- The 4 Shifts To Absolute Weight Loss
- Presentation: Brain Flip Weight Loss
- WFR 072 Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind with David Zappasodi
- Book a call with David
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- David: About The Author of Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind
- Immovable Hearts: About the Book
- 4 Shifts To Absolute Weight Loss – Linda's Testimonial
- The ONE THING That Creates Obstacles to Weight Loss
- David Zappasodi on Fox 11 – Santa Barbara
- David Zappasodi on The Morning Blend
BRAIN-FLIP WEIGHT LOSS
YOU ARE OVERWEIGHT, AND YOU NEED HELP…
Because you want to feel good about yourself. Because you want to be more connected with your spouse. Because your children mean the world to you, and you want to be a great role model for them, so they don’t have to go through the pain that you’ve gone through.
You want to be able to look in the mirror and love the image that you see. You want for the greatness that you have hidden within you to be able to come out, in how you look and feel, so you can live the kind of life that you love…that you deserve.
WE CAN HELP…
Most weight loss programs out there today just flat out don’t work. Restricting your foods. Exercising yourself to death. Using discipline and willpower to stay on track. All that stuff.
These approaches can sometimes help you to lose weight quickly, but they don’t help you in the long-term. If they did, then efforts at long-term weight-loss would have more than a 3% success rate.
The fact is, there’s huge difference between losing weight quickly and losing weight effectively.
EMPOWERED HEALTH NOW IS DIFFERENT…
We have a radical approach and proven practices that actually work…that guide our clients to lose the weight AND keep it off for good. And we give you the technical support AND the mindset support you need to take action and create extraordinary transformations in your health.
This is why we regularly have clients crying as they go through our program…because they finally realize what’s REALLY been holding them back all this time, and they now realize that…
THEY CAN DO IT!
And when you’re ready to get crystal clear on what’s really holding you back, and what it’s really going to take to transform your join us for our training on The 4 Shifts To Absolute Weight Loss.
About David Zappasodi
David Zappasodi is the founder of Empowered Health Now. He is a thought leader, international bestselling author, and transformational weight loss expert who has helped countless individuals to break through the weight loss struggle and drastically change their lives for the better.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.