Dr. Gil Blander: What Your Biomarkers Are Telling You
“Today if you look around everyone is taking selfies to show off how they look, but actually only a select few of us are looking inside, trying to understand what is happening inside our most important machine.” – Dr. Gil Blander
With a huge focus right now across the world on diet and exercise, and with all the New Year's resolutions fading fast, how can we actually quantify and track our progress to know if the inspired health and wellness actions we're taking are truly making a difference?
We explore this in Wellness Force Radio 158 with Chief Scientific Officer of InsideTracker, Dr. Gil Blander, and dive deep to uncover the truth about the exciting and rapidly emerging field of biomarkers and blood testing, and how they correlate with genetics and epigenetics to give you the inside track on upleveling your human optimization.
Discover how taking a simple blood test can give you an accurate blood biomarker analysis plus personalized interventions for nutrition, exercise, lifestyle and supplements to optimize health and fitness.
Save 15% On Your Biomarker Test – Use Code “wellnessforce”
The team at InsideTracker has gifted the Wellness Force Community with 15% off your 2018 biomarker test kits and services. This is huge for us, as there is no greater indicator about your health and wellness than looking inside the window of your own unique biomarkers. Click here to sign up and get your WFR discount.
Listen To Episode 158 As Dr. Gil Blander Uncovers:
- The meaning of “What if you could take a selfie from the inside?”
- How InsideTracker supports ourglobal collective's progress for human optimization
- For Men: What are the ED-related biomarkers men should track
- For Women: What specific blood tests can women take compared to men
- What are the 3-5 most pivotal biomarkers to judge a healthy body
- How taking a full spectrum biomarker test actually help someone noticeably improve their health and wellness
- How are biomarkers different from genetics
- Why are biomarkers dynamic and modulated by simple interventions such as diet, supplementation, exercise, and lifestyle changes
- What can we learn from epigenetics that apply to long term behavior changes that we can make in our lives
- The real ranges of cholesterol (HDL/LDL) we get to shoot for
- What are the optimal Vitamin D levels
- Dietary changes can we make from a blood test
How Dr. Gil Blander sees using uBiome, Voime, and other gut tests in combination with blood tests
The scientific approach for actionable health behaviors when looking at a tool like 23&Me
Understanding CRISPR: What people need to know about this powerful science
Links From Today's Show
- Wellness Force Radio Discount: Click here to sign up and get your 15% off your biomarker test!
- Dr. Gil Blander on LinkedIn
- Inside Tracker on Facebook
- Inside Tracker on Instagram
- Inside Tracker on Twitter
- Inside Tracker on YouTube
- Inside Tracker on the web
- “Erectile Dysfunction Is Affecting More Men Than Ever. We're Here to Help.”
- “In Defense of Vitamin D: The Facts You Need To Know”
- “Food Allergies & Sensitivities: All the Science You Need to Know“
- The Science: Inside Tracker
- CRISPR: The future of gene editing
- Wellness Force Radio Podcast: Dr. David Perlmutter: The Grain Brain Whole Life Plan
- “In 2018, We Will CRISPR Human Beings”
- Wellness Force Facebook Group
Power Quote From Dr. Gil Blander
“Today if you look around everyone is taking selfies to show off how they look, but actually only a select few of us are looking inside, trying to understand what is happening inside our most important machine. What we are doing with InsideTracker is allowing you to see what's happening inside your body, and after that we're giving you an actionable recommendation to improve your health, wellness, and performance. This is very similar to what is happening with your car when you plug in a computer. The system tells the ignition exactly what are the issues that the car suffers from today, right now. I see InsideTracker and biomarker testing with recommendations very similar to what's happening with a car. We are checking the machine, finding out what are the issues, and then we intervene. Hopefully, with the right guidance, we improve the quality and longevity of our lives.” – Dr. Gil Blander
About Dr. Gil Blander
Dr. Gil Blander is the chief scientific officer of InsideTracker and is internationally recognized for his research in the basic biology of aging and translating research discoveries into new ways of detecting and preventing age-related conditions. He leads a team of biology, nutrition & exercise physiology experts, and computer scientists at InsideTracker, and has been featured in CNN Money, The New York Times, Forbes, Financial times, and The Boston Globe among others. Dr. Gil Blander received a Ph.D. in biology from the Weizmann Institute of Science and completed his Post Doctoral fellowship at MIT, before going on to found InsideTracker. The InsideTracker platform analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies algorithms and large scientific databases to determine optimal zones for each marker. The system then provides nutrition, exercise, supplements and lifestyle interventions that empower people to optimize their markers, increasing vitality, improving overall health, as well as athletic performance and extending life.
InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University. The InsideTracker platform analyses and tracks key biochemical and physiological markers as they change over time. InsideTracker uses sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine optimal zones for each user’s markers. InsideTracker’s expert system then provides science-driven lifestyle and nutrition interventions that empower people to optimize their markers. When optimized, these marker levels have been scientifically proven to increase vitality, improve performance and extend life.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.