Aubrey Marcus: Owning The Day, Open Relationships, & Skipping Breakfast?
“We have the opportunity to play with these different experiences such as being active, traveling, or connecting with each other. Life is like this giant jungle gym. Some of us aren't even in physical condition to play with the toys. That or we don't have enough energy to really stay out there for more than 20 minutes at a time to really enjoy the day and interact with all the possibilities. The book, Own the Day, Own Your Life, is just about getting you sound enough so that you have the energy, mobility, and intention to allow you to really live.” – Aubrey Marcus
Which mindful practices can help you set yourself apart from the ego in order to become your true self, enjoy every day, and live your life to the fullest?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 196, CEO of Onnit, host of the Aubrey Marcus Podcast, creator of the life-coaching course, Go For Your Win, and the author of Own The Day, Own Your Life, Aubrey Marcus, shares how polyamory and open relationships can be used as a personal growth tool for couples, what The Breakfast Industrial Complex is, and what happens when you surrender to who you are.
Become who you were always meant to be through the Four Keys for Compelling Positive Action:
- Knowing what to do and how to do it
- Believing it will work
- Seeing the value
- Receiving support from your family and tribe
Own The Day, Own Your Life
Get your copy of Own The Day, Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus
A single day is like your life. Each part is connected, each choice you make influences the future choices you make. To realize true transformation, you have to focus not on changing one thing but changing one day.
It all starts with the right plan. Something backed by science, something battle-tested by peak performers, and something that is accessible and enjoyable for absolutely everyone, no matter who you are. There are over 300 clinical and academic references, and clear actionable steps you can follow to guide you through every part of the day.
This book is designed to give you the map to help you become more capable of doing anything you want to do. Maybe that is to play a sport, have incredible sex, hike a mountain, find mental clarity, connect with your family, whatever it is, this will make you more capable. That’s why this book is for everyone. That’s why this book is for you.
An instruction manual for the human operating system, this is a process that you can fall back on to lead you to the best version of yourself. Not a single step in this book is out of reach. You don’t need a 30-day plan, or a radical lifestyle change to become who you want to become. You just need one book and one day. Own the day, Own your Life.
Listen To Episode 196 As Aubrey Marcus Uncovers:
- How he deals with distractions and what strategies he has included in his book, Own The Day, Own Your Life.
- What The Breakfast Industrial Complex is and misconceptions about breakfast foods.
- How sex has become such a taboo topic in the US and how it has affected the male ego.
- Why we're constantly seeking to validate ourselves through various ways when we're already enough.
- How polyamory and open relationships can be used as a personal growth tool for couples.
- What surprised him about nutrition the most while he was researching for his book.
- Gluten Sensitivity vs. Celiac – how the mind can have an effect on your body's relationship with food.
- The role of humility in our health and wellness journey; especially during injury or illness setbacks.
- Why you're not giving yourself more credit than you really deserve.
- The Four Keys for Compelling Positive Actions.
- How he designed his book, Own The Day, Own Your Life, to include mental practices and tactics plus why he goes by the rule of threes.
- The first step you can take to stop the problematic cycle that the ego has set up for you.
- How you can set yourself apart from your ego by not putting the ego down, but by putting who you really are up.
- The power of thinking of yourself as, “Here I am,” vs. your true name to really be present and understand yourself.
- What happens when you surrender to who you are.
- His beliefs around what happens to us when we die.
- The experiences he has had with plant medicine and what they have helped him learn about himself and life.
- New Tribal Construct and the different types of relationships we have with other people.
- How creating an ethos can allow you to become the person that you want to be.
Power Quotes From The Show
“We think there's a type of person that we're supposed to be and we have to ‘slay all day' in order to get to the top. We have this idea of what it takes to be a man. So, we're always looking for something or someway to validate ourselves rather than to enjoy the experience. That's where you really run into a lot of trouble in any variety of ways and not just in the bedroom. You might also try to validate yourself in the gym, with your bank account, or a million other ways. The truth of the matter is that we're already valid.” – Aubrey Marcus
“The more you cling onto something, the more exhausting this entire life process becomes. We're meant to thrive. Our baseline is connection, enjoyment, love, physicality and all of these things that we were born with.” – Josh Trent
“There's a certain humility in expressing yourself to the fullest that people don't really look at. Sometimes we put on these airs and we don't really own our success which we call ‘humility,' but it's actually more humble to just be authentic. Just be radically authentic. Express yourself when you mess things up, when you've killed it, and let the public opinion go whichever way they want. As long as you're genuinely authentic, you're not adding more to the negative or the positive and people will be able to identify with you and be able to support you in a much better way.” – Aubrey Marcus
“The only way to get out of this pattern of punishing yourself for your past transgressions is to radically forgive the past. Recognize that you're just human and if you could've done better, you would've done better. But you didn't have the right information and you weren't the type of person that you are today. You didn't have the training, knowledge, or experience. So, forgive that past person and stop punishing yourself for it. That way, you can actually apply self-love to yourself and open yourself back up to love and abundance from the universe instead of relentlessly punishing yourself for everything that you've done in the past.” – Aubrey Marcus
“You don't bring the ego down. You bring your true self up. You bring who you really are up and then the ego becomes less important. Acknowledge and identify with who you really are beyond the ego. Identify as that force of love as life itself. Express that force of presence and consciousness. Identify as that and allow the ego to just be along for the ride instead of identifying as the ego and then bringing your consciousness along for the unconscious ride that your ego is taking it on. You'll find it in the stillness and when you quiet your mind.” – Aubrey Marcus
Links From Today's Show
The Cure Is Near – The Promise of Psychedelic Medicine
- Aubrey Marcus
- Own The Day, Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus
- Aubrey Marcus Podcast
- Today Is A Good Day To Die with Dr. Dan Engle – AMP #52
- Go For Your Win
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Napoleon Hill
- You Are the Placebo by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Mooji Baba
- Paul Selig
- Power vs. Force by David R. Hawkins
- WFR 123 Aubrey Marcus
- WFR 185 Gerry Powell
- WFR 187 Christian Minson
- WFR 192 Jason Prall
- WFR 084 Dr. David Perlmutter
About Aubrey Marcus
Aubrey Marcus is the founder and CEO of Onnit, a lifestyle brand based on a holistic health philosophy he calls Total Human Optimization. Onnit is an Inc. 500 company and an industry leader with products optimizing millions of lives, including many top professional athletes around the world.
Aubrey currently hosts the Aubrey Marcus Podcast, a motivational destination for conversations with the brightest minds in athletics, business, science, relationships and spirituality with over 10MM downloads on iTunes. He regularly provides commentary to outlets like Entrepreneur, Forbes, The Doctors, and The Joe Rogan Experience. He has been featured on the cover of Men’s Health, is the author of the life-coaching course Go For Your Win, and his newest (and first!) book is Own The Day, Own Your Life from HarperCollins.
If you ask Aubrey the cause he is most passionate about, it is raising awareness for psychedelic medicine, through organizations like MAPS.org and Heffter Institute. He is a 20 year native of Austin, Texas where he currently resides.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.