Allison Melody: How Food Heals
“We're all different. We all have different blood types, DNA, heritage, and the food that grows in one neighborhood is different than somewhere else. So, we have to eat what's best for us and that's a self-discovery journey that we all have to go on. There is no perfect diet.” – Allison Melody
In Wellness Force Radio episode 198, eco-entrepreneur, owner of Melody Productions, Director of the Food Heals Documentary, and co-host on The Food Heals Podcast, Allison Melody, teaches why you should always be curious about your relationship with food, how food can hold you back from forgiving past traumas, and how you can get started on your own self-discovery journey to finding out how specific foods can help you heal.
From acne to cancer, depression, or fatigue, find out how nutritious foods can help transform your body.
FOOD HEALS NATION
Being hailed as “Sex and the City for Food,” The Food Heals Podcast brings together experts in the field of nutrition, health, and healing to teach you the best-kept natural secrets to being a hotter, healthier, happier YOU!
The Food Heals Podcast is hosted by Allison Melody and Suzy Hardy- two self-proclaimed natural chicks who will rock your world and change your beliefs about health! This sexy, savvy duo provides eco-friendly advice on a variety of issues- from picking the best non-toxic makeup and getting rid of wrinkles naturally to learning about the benefits of a plant-based diet and the healing power of nutrition.
Our podcast shares stories of people who have changed their lives in incredible and inspiring ways. Guests include some of the most amazing people in the health and healing industry who cover a wide range of topics including alternative medicine, detoxing, beauty tips, healing yourself.
Allison, Suzy and their guests share tips on creating a better life- whether it be how to be your authentic self, how free yourself from toxic emotions, let go of judgements and anything holding you back in life and even how to quit your job and start your own business- living your passion and getting paid for it.
The point is to inspire you- That you are in control of your life and whatever is happening today does not have to be happening tomorrow. When you become aware of what’s not working in your life you then have the power to let that go and adopt new habits, new belief systems, and take the action steps to live the life you want to live!
Listen To Episode 198 As Allison Melody Uncovers:
- Her film production company and involvement in documentaries focused on social justice, public health, and holistic health.
- Why she began to podcast and what impact that has had on both her career and Food Heals Nation.
- How she started to become more self-aware of her emotional health.
- The impact that her parents' cancer had on her and her quest for answers about nutrition.
- How nutritious foods can heal and transform the human body from acne to cancer, depression, and fatigue.
- What signs are out there to let you know that it's time to take a deeper look at your relationship with food.
- The latest updates on clean meat initiatives including The Beyond Burger.
- Why she decided to become a vegan and goes by no sugar, grains, or dairy.
- Her mission to help guide people to nutritionists and professionals who can help them find the answers they need.
- Advice to help you get started on your own journey of self-discovery to finding foods that will help improve your health.
- How she was able to get back in tune with her body after both of her parents passed away.
- How you can find which diet works for you via an elimination diet, detox, and a visit to a functional medicine doctor.
- Her experience doing a 5-day detox plus what to expect and tips on how to do it.
- What she practices to help heal her emotions such as inner child work and meditation.
- The connection between food, past traumas, and your ability to forgive.
- What you can do when you find yourself craving unhealthy foods rather than dealing with your emotions.
- Why everyone is dealing with food in various ways so always be curious and never stop learning about your own relationship with food.
- The pros and cons of doing a nutrition or fitness challenge plus whether or not it's the right fit for you right now in your life.
- What's next for her including two upcoming films – Food Heals as well as Love Heals.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Everyone's rock bottom is different, but it doesn't matter because once you hit that point, you finally realize that you have to make a change. My rock bottom was when my father was sick and I was afraid of losing him. What I realized through that process was that I could only change myself; I can't help someone else until they want to help themselves.” – Allison Melody
“Where are the lobbies for healthy, fresh food because right now we're in a space in which you have to follow the money and that's controlled by big pharmacy and agriculture companies. When those companies are controlling what you see, believe, and eat, then you don't know how to look outside the bubble that you're in. That's how it was for my parents and for so many people today. I want to help people break out of their bubble.” – Allison Melody
“When you do an elimination diet, you can see what your body is feeling better about. Many people don't realize that they may have specific sensitivities to foods like avocado. So, we may think we're doing something right by eating it, but then we feel ill because the body is sensitive to that particular food. Once you discover that, you can change your diet accordingly to your needs. Everyone's diet is different; even my dietary needs are totally different than yours.” – Allison Melody
“It didn't matter if I was drinking green juice every day, my emotions were reeking havoc on my body. These negative emotions can chronically lead to disease if we don't deal with them. So, I had to start dealing with them through a meditation practice, inner child work, therapy, and counseling. I had to discover all of these healing modalities for healing my emotions and feelings. When we feel our feelings, it creates space to release and heal. It creates more space for greater things in our lives and happiness. When we push it all down, that's the tragedy that may cause cancer before all of the processed food does.” – Allison Melody
“I'm also evolving in my own health journey. I've been able to overcome some of my own things and so can you. We're all always evolving, always changing, and always trying to improve ourselves. I'm constantly trying to better myself, get more knowledge, and be stronger in my convictions.” – Allison Melody
Food Heals Documentary Trailer
Links From Today's Show
- Allison Melody
- Food Heals Nation
- Food Heals Podcast
- Food Heals Nation Podcast episode 180 Katie Krimitsos
- Food Heals Documentary
- Melody Productions
- The New Media Summit
- The Beyond Burger
- Joel Salatin and Polyface Farm
- The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith
- Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind by David Zappasodi
- WFR 071 Melissa Hartwig
- WFR 129 Gretchen Rubin
- WFR 171 Liz Germain
- WFR 179 Josh Tickell
About Allison Melody
Allison Melody, a host of The Food Heals Podcast and owner of Melody Productions, is an eco-entrepreneur with a passion for film, fitness, and food. Through her podcast, she brings together experts in nutrition and healing to teach listeners the best-kept natural secrets to health and happiness. For the past eleven years, Allison has also directed, produced and edited documentary films, PSA’s, commercials and viral videos for clients on the topics of social justice, human rights and holistic health.
The topics she addresses through her work are powerful and heart-centered and focus on Holistic Health, Social Justice, Human Rights and Animal Rights. They reflect her passion for creating positive change in people and the communities they serve.
At the age of 26, Allison endured the devastating loss of both her parents to cancer after long and challenging battles. Witnessing her mother and father suffer so intensely and needlessly from a cure that brought more pain than the disease, Allison soon dedicated her life to finding a better way to heal. She watched in disbelief as doctors prescribed drug after drug, observed her parents’ hair fall out, their rapidly aging faces, and their exceedingly diminishing vitality. The tragedy instilled in her an unwavering passion for nutritional medicine and propelled her into the world of holistic health and alternative healing. Allison’s firm commitment to natural health is further evidenced by her achievement of a Masters Degree in Spiritual Psychology.
Allison is currently in the process of directing Food Heals, a documentary starring NBA Champion, actor, philanthropist and vegan champion, John Salley, director and star of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, Joe Cross, and author of I Forgot to Die, Khalil Rafati, to name a few.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.