What’s Healthy Eating Anyways? Heather Hemmer
What's Healthy Eating Anyways? – Heather Hemmer
“Until you know how good it feels to eat healthy foods, your first instinct to eat healthy is because it will supposedly make you look good. However, once people start eating healthy, they keep coming back to it because people feel great from it and they don't want to lose that feeling.” – Heather Hemmer
Without even realizing it, your unhealthy eating habits could be an act of aggression in the form of self-sabotage. Fortunately, no matter where your relationship with food is at, it's never too late to take action to heal it.
In Wellness Force Radio episode 165, Certified Health & Life Coach, Fitness Trainer, Motivational Speaker, and Co-Founder of the online clean-eating community, The 30 Clean, Heather Hemmer, shares how she was able to overcome her own sugar addiction and body dysmorphia to give herself the love and care she needed.
By the end of this episode, you will learn the signs of food addiction, how to become less dependent on food, and how to transition to healthier eating habits.
Get $10 Off Your 30 Clean Purchase
Heather Hemmer and The 30 Clean team are offering a special discount to all of our Wellness Force Radio Listeners! Simply enter the code, CLEANWF, for $10 off when you check out.Here at The 30 Clean, we use a “challenge” concept to help people get excited about reaching their health and wellness goals. Not surprisingly, feeling the accomplishment of completing a challenge is really effective!Our first focus is on nutrition education (there are A LOT of misconceptions out there,) but we do so in a community environment that makes learning much more fun! When you eat clean, you basically eat foods that are REAL, not processed. Plus you eliminate food that can cause intolerance or inflammation, such as the following:
- Processed foods
Each Challenge is led by a 30 Clean Coach, a 30 Clean Certified Health Advisor and an entire team cheering you on in a small, private Facebook group! Get ready to make new friends who become like family.
What Is A 30 Clean Challenge?
Listen To Episode 165 As Heather Hemmer Uncovers:
- Her sugar addiction struggles and trying to figure out if it was that or her body dysmorphia that was affecting her health.
- The importance of emotional intelligence and how it can affect your approach to healthy eating.
- Her relationship with food as a child and how that changed her because of her family and marriage.
- Why she sought out a personal trainer and how that immensely helped improve her mental health.
- How her mother's death allowed Heather to step up and become a more responsible adult.
- Her decision to train for a figure show so she could really focus on her nutrition and fitness.
- What causes a leaky gut and how The 30 Clean can help you to either abstain from or moderate your poor eating habits.
- How society isn't making it easy on people who struggle with food addictions like sugar.
- The signs that you may be addicted to sugar and what steps you can take to heal your relationship with it.
- How your experiences as a child can create anchors that calm you down like food, video games, or shopping.
- Actions to take to ensure you don't lead your child to become dependent on food and see it as a form of comfort.
- How to find sugar alternatives to help you slowly transition out of your addiction and really work on yourself.
- What The 30 Clean is all about plus Josh's experience with a 30 Clean Challenge and what he learned from it about himself and his eating habits.
- Why self-accountability is so important to stay on track with your health and wellness compared to solely relying on a community to support you.
- The power of mirror working, self-care, and loving yourself.
- How you can filter through all of the information that's available to you plus the myths and lies that can confuse people when it comes to healthy eating.
- Understanding and testing what your body really needs through intuitive eating and elimination diets like The 30 Clean.
- What The 30 Clean has to offer for those who are just beginning to focus on nutrition to those who want a community either online or in real life.
- Strategies to use when your partner or family doesn't want to follow a healthier lifestyle.
Power Quotes From The Show
“When it comes to addiction, there is an underlying issue of self-love. When we cannot love, accept, and fully embrace everything about ourselves, we're always going to find that one thing that sabotages us.” – Heather Hemmer
“Anytime you have an emotional charge and you reach for something – whether it's food, alcohol, or even shopping, it's important that you notice your habits. If you're doing something habitually like eating out of boredom or when you want a distraction, it shows that you have an addiction. Then, you have to go back and discover why you're eating like this in the first place.” – Heather Hemmer
“When you start to eat healthy, your body is going to do things that you're not comfortable with and you're going to feel physically ill. You'll be mentally frustrated and feel irritable. A lot of people find excuses for why a detox isn't working for them, but letting your body go through those symptoms will give you a lot of clarity about your health.” – Heather Hemmer
“You actually start to see yourself when you look in a mirror and you talk to yourself. That's when you're really reflecting on who you are and you can finally understand that you're the most important person in your entire life because you'll always have yourself. That thought process can really shift your perspective on life.” – Heather Hemmer
“Stress can be highly inflammatory and perhaps you're eating the best you can, but nothing else is shifting and you still have gut problems. Unless you look at all the other aspects of your life, you're going to miss something and you're not going to feel your best.” – Heather Hemmer
Links From Today's Show:
4 P's of Easy Meal Prep: Plan, Purchase, Prepare & Put Away
- Heather Hemmer
- The 30 Clean
- The 30 Clean Coaches
- The 30 Clean vs. The Whole 30
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Oprah's SuperSoul Sunday
- Quest Nutrition
- WFR 150 Dr. Joe Anderson & Andrea Duchonovic of LEVL
- WFR 140 Chris Kresser
- WFR 131 Drew Manning
- WFR 129 Gretchen Rubin
- WFR 088 Dan Pardi
- WFR 072 David Zappasodi
- WFR 071 Melissa Hartwig
About Heather Hemmer
Heather Hemmer is the Co-Founder of The 30 Clean as well as a Certified Health & Life Coach, Fitness Trainer, and Motivational Speaker. Each and every day, she feels blessed by the good fortune to love what she does. However, it wasn't always easy for her. As a self-proclaimed sugar addict, she has a very good understanding of what it takes to make lifestyle changes.
She has seen the bliss that accompanies using food as medicine and what a sugar-free diet will do for increased energy, hormonal balance, and emotional stability. She understands that changing deeply rooted habits is not always easy and will look different for everyone. Through her own health journey, she knows that when you have a health-advocate and coach and are ready to commit, change is possible. She takes the journey to better health & fitness seriously but also believes in having fun and never feeling deprived.
Heather helps others to uncover the root of their problem and slowly implement solutions to create lasting change. Because after all, we all deserve to feel good and she is committed to guiding you to optimal health.