Can a lack of integrity derail weight loss? What does the avoidance and aggression cycle mean for those on the path of better health?
Welcome to a special encore episode for this week's show!
Today's special guest, David Zappasodi, comes on the show to discuss his powerful book, Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind. Today’s show is the perfect fit for us, because we’re talking about the most important cornerstone for any wellness program, and that is mindset.
David has a degree in Exercise Physiology from West Chester University of Pennsylvania. In his twenty years in the health and fitness industry, David has been a personal trainer, metabolic typing practitioner, boot-camp instructor, martial arts teacher, and public speaker on healthy living. He also founded a functional fitness and nutrition center in San Diego, and operated it for 9 years, during which time he was extensively featured on Fox News, KUSI TV News, and on network and local television and radio programs throughout California.
Weight Loss & Humanity
More important than any of his credentials, however, David has a deep faith in the beauty and greatness of humanity, and is very determined to help others to see and embody the greatness within themselves. Through this faith and determination, he has inspired and guided many people to transform their lives throughout his career.
David is the international best selling author of Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind – A personal guide to the 6 essential practices for living a healthy and fulfilling life.
6 Essential Practices For Living A Healthy & Fulfilling Life
Listen as David uncovers how over 20 years of coaching experience lead him to create the most powerful practices for a healthy and fulfilling life:
- Generosity – Helps us to let go of the past and release obstructions without focusing on them. Generosity makes our goals more powerful by giving them a greater purpose than our own self interest, and brings greater abundance into our lives.
- Integrity – Helps us to not create new obstructions that impede our progress. It allows us to learn lessons about the intensity and frequency of our vicious cycles, and the negative consequences that we experience because of them. It also brings more intimacy and connection into our lives.
- Patience – Helps us to not take our current obstructions and blow them out of proportion, making them even bigger barriers to progress. In fact,lack of patience does the opposite of progress– it turns our mountains into molehills. Brings more growth and transformation into our lives.
- Inspired Action – Helps us to cultivate more of what we really want in our lives, rather than trying to move us away from what we don't want. It also brings more joy and fulfillment into our lives.
- Mindfulness – Helps to free us from attachments that keep us feeling stuck in life. It is the inner essence and the common thread of all of the previous practices, and as necessary in order for them to be powerful and effective. It also allows us to experience true freedom.
- Commitment – It is the outer container that gives shape and direction to all the previous practices. It also gives us the ability to stick with the other practices long enough for them to blossom and have a noticeable effect on our lives.
Links From Today's Show
- Click here to win 1 of 3 free copies of David's book!
- Discover More About David Zappasodi
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Aloha! Josh here. Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard! I thrive to serve better based on your words, feedback, and requests for the Wellness Force Community. (including breaking bad habits)
Thanks To Our Amazing Sponsor
Want to avoid more trips to the store and save hundreds of dollars a year on superfood supplements?
Check out Perfect Supplements.com
Go to perfectsupplements.com/wellnessforce to get your grass-fed collagen from today's show and sign up for a free membership, plus get 10% off your entire order – just enter promo code “wellnessforce” at checkout
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live!
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Nir Eyal:Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life:
- Download your free Digital Health Transformation Guide: wellnessforce.com/radio
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love! I do the same thing for the people, things, and movements I care about as well.
PS: Looks like you and I share the same passion. I'm grateful for you and want to extend you my email address.
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life!