Justin Andrews & Josh Trent CES LIVE 2018
Justin Andrews & Josh Trent: CES LIVE 2018
“Technology is not going away and if we can learn how to use it more effectively, then we can respect technology and our relationships in real life. That's especially important for me when it comes to my children; I want them to learn how to use technology in school, but I also want them to be able to have real relationships and connect with other people.” – Justin Andrews
What's your intention when it comes to using technology for wellness, relationships, and even your family or home life?
In Wellness Force Radio episode 163, Founder of Axon and Co-Founder of MindPump Media, Justin Andrews, joined Josh Trent at the Consumer Technology Association Show – CES to talk about the latest technology gear, devices, and developments in the world of health and fitness.
From the gym to home life, there was a lot of ground to cover at CES!
With an app for everything and more apps and wearables becoming available, shopping for a fit tech device can become a little overwhelming. This episode will help you become more conscientious about your tech purchases and what's actually worth your investment.
Justin Andrews & Josh Trent: CES LIVE 2018
Attend Future CES Events!
CES is the world's gathering place for all those who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. It has served as the proving ground for innovators and breakthrough technologies for 50 years — the global stage where next-generation innovations are introduced to the marketplace. Owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), it attracts the world's business leaders and pioneering thinkers
CES, formerly The International Consumer Electronics Show (International CES®), showcases more than 3,900 exhibiting companies, including manufacturers, developers and suppliers of consumer technology hardware, content, technology delivery systems and more; a conference program with more than 300 conference sessions and more than 170K attendees from 150 countries.
And because it is owned and produced by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ — the technology trade association representing the $292 billion U.S. consumer technology industry — it attracts the world’s business leaders and pioneering thinkers to a forum where the industry’s most relevant issues are addressed.
Listen To Episode 163 As Justin Andrews & Josh Trent Uncover:
- Some of the technology products that have caught their eyes while at CES including what they're excited about the most.
- Why it's so easy to want to give in to an impulse purchase with 1-click buttons and even facial recognition on phones.
- What it was like for Justin to try the NuCalm Topical Calming Cream.
- The immense amount of different products at CES that were focused on improving sleep and tracking it for better wellness.
- Benefits of using Justin's Axon isometric training tool.
- Which body movements are best for strength training and staying in motion compared to what's not efficient.
- How to take tangible data and incorporate it into behavior change.
- Why we get so excited about new fitness technology, but then the stability and novelty wears off over time.
- What characteristics or features a piece of fitness technology would actually have to have in order to be a game changer and really benefit our lives.
- Sex tech: from robots to the idea of pheromone implanted chips.
- Fitness technology and business: marketing and promotions – how to tell which products are all about the hype and aren't actually beneficial to your wellness.
- Why wearable companies need to focus more and more on providing their customers with tangible results that will actually aide them with their health goals.
- How some apps and products can improve their service for customers to fully benefit them and help improve their wellness journey.
- Products that help improve emotional wellness and relieve stress.
- The benefits of red light therapy to give you a boost of energy and speed up the recovery process.
- What technology can do to help us become more conscience and how to avoid technology addiction.
- How your relationship with technology (good or bad) can be a direct reflection on your other relationships.
- Family and baby tech – smart home connections, baby monitors, and how technology is shaping home life and how we raise children.
Power Quotes From The Show
“On one side, we have technology that's making life easier. On the other side, we still have to remain conscience about our freewill and choice.” – Josh Trent
“Training the human body often gets overlooked and it's a stepping stone. People just aren't connected to their bodies like they should be. They want to go all out at the gym or try the latest trendy informational workout just because so-and-so said they had great results. A fit tech device isn't going to give you overnight results. You can use it to aide you in your mission, but it's still your own wellness journey.” – Justin Andrews
“Wearable devices give us so much great information, but sometimes it can be too much and it can be a distraction from our health goals. Just because you use a wearable, is it really going to make you change your life? As Dani Pardi has said, “Knowing is not the same thing as doing.” Actually, if you know and you don't do, it's the same as not knowing.” – Josh Trent
“The data from our wearbles is like a check-in mirror. It forces us to see how we're showing up and that's where the real change occurs. If you want a real life change, just checking in with what you did yesterday to know how you can improve today can be enough.” – Josh Trent
“You can measure sleep, but what are all the other variables that are contributing to it like stress? Maybe on paper your sleep looks good, but you have to consider all these other factors. Once we look at all of that, we can create the best plan to move forward.” – Justin Andrews
Links From Today's Show:
- Consumer Technology Association Show (CES)
- Justin Andrews
- WFR 124 Justin Andrews & Yaron Hadad
- WFR 128 Mind Pump
- 2018 FitnessTech Summit
- SleepScore Max
- Yaron Hadad
- The Sleep Doctor's Diet Plan by Dr. Michael Breus
- Healbe GoBe2
- Joove Red Light Therapy
- Halo Sport
- Bigger Leaner Stronger by Mike Matthews
- WFR 162 Dr. Jordan Shallow & Dr. Jordan Jiunta
- WFR 160 Petteri Lahtela of Oura Ring
- WFR 159 Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
- WFR 150 Dr. Joe Anderson & Andrea Duchonovic of LEVL
- WFR 140 Chris Kresser
- WFR 134 Andy Galpin
- WFR 088 Dan Pardi
- WFR 011 Ariel Garten of Muse
About Justin Andrews
has an incredible passion to disrupt the personal training industry and create ground breaking programs and tools that fitness professionals and clients alike can benefit from. The fitness industry in general needs a massive face lift to speak more to the generation growing up with a more advanced technology tool kit. Justin’s approach is to create programs that utilize technology as it advances and cut through the millions of options people face every day when seeking specific information relating to their fitness needs. The great thing about where we are today is how easy it is to access information, the bad part about accessing all this information is how much misinformation is out there to weed through. As a health and fitness professional with a proven track record here in the heart of the Silicon Valley, Justin will keep working tirelessly to keep people educated and connected to quality personal trainers long into the future.