Surviving The Expectation Hangover – Christine Hassler
Even after challenging times in life when it seems nearly impossible to recover, bouncing back from upsets and failures is still possible.
When our expectations are met and things go according to plan, we feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. But when life throws us a curveball or does not live up to our desired outcome, we end up with what Christine calls an “Expectation Hangover.”
If we take the steps to fully treat our disappointment on the emotional, physical, and spiritual level, we gain courage and can make room for the kind of unexpected things that lead us to a life we love.
Join us on Wellness Force Radio 132 as we welcome best-selling author, keynote speaker, and television host, Christine Hassler. She shares her incredible journey of helping others find emotional wellness along with her book “Expectation Hangover: Overcoming Disappointment in Work, Love, and Life.”
My friend Christine Hassler is running a free masterclass on October 11th. Want a life without regrets? Sign up here
If you can’t find fulfillment no matter what you do, this free masterclass is for you:
When you feel stuck but have no idea how to get unstuck (and live that life you want so badly), you go to my friend Christine Hassler. She’s running an awesome FREE No Regrets masterclass on October 11th at 5pm EST / 8pm EST and I just know you’ll take so much goodness from it – from understanding why you’re struggling, to actionable advice to help you overcome those struggles. Christine coaches with SO much knowledge and compassion and I’m beyond excited to hear about the positive shifts you experience in her masterclass. You can sign up right here.
Listen To Episode 132 As Christine Uncovers:
- Sign up for Christine's FREE No Regrets masterclass on October 11th at 5pm EST / 8pm EST
- Her experience as a personal trainer and why she transitioned to life coaching
- How to reframe and create more empowering language
- Why we seek out the emotions we didn't receive as a child
- How she developed a passion for human growth and development
- Why we shouldn't base our happiness and fulfillment on something in the future
- How to avoid distractions from modern technology
- The reasons we should avoid spiritual bypassing and allow ourselves to process and feel emotions
- How breathing can bring us into the present moment
- Why writing by hand helps us access the deeper unconscious parts of our brain
- Turning down the voice of the inner critic
- Why challenges and hardships help us learn and grow
- The reasons more men are getting in touch with consciousness and emotional intelligence
- Why resisting our feelings will create more anxiety
- The link between our emotions and excess weight
Top 3 Takeaways From The Episode
- We have the power to break down limiting beliefs and change our behavior. Although it seems challenging, we can choose to focus on empowering thoughts which will lead to different actions. Doing this will awaken the parts of ourselves that we have forgotten and point our lives in the direction we desire.
- Our happiness and fulfillment can't be conditional upon something in the future. When we rely on imagined future events to make us happy, this causes stress and disappointment in the present. But if we start to realize that everything we need is inside of us right now, we can enjoy each day and embrace our journey of self-discovery.
- We have to practice turning down the voice of the inner critic. Being overly hard on ourselves is not an effective form of motivation and beating ourselves up will make the things we are going through that much harder to deal with.
Power Quotes From Christine Hassler
“My job as a life coach is to help people identify whats in the way between where they are and where they want to be.” – Christine Hassler
“There will always be that little kid inside of us. Part of our job as an adult is learning how to reparent that child.” – Christine Hassler
“My primary responsibility is to evolve my own consciousness.” – Christine Hassler
“It's a grand illusion that we're alone and separate. It's been forgotten that we're completely connected to source and to each other.” – Christine Hassler
“Our outer experience is always a reflection of our inner reality.” – Christine Hassler
“It's resisting our emotions that creates our anxiety.” – Christine Hassler
“I like being a human detective and helping people put the pieces of their life together.” – Christine Hassler
Links From Today's Show:
- Christine Hassler:
- Christine Hassler: The Expectation Hangover
- Christine on the “Fit2Fat2Fit” Podcast
- Christine's “Awakened” Facebook Post
- Aubrey Marcus
- Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
- Christine on “The Joe Rogan Experience” Podcast
- Adam Carolla
- “The Man Show”
- TLC's “The Spouse House”
- Dr. Laura
Christine Teaches Us How To Get Over Disappointment
Christine's Book: “Expectation Hangover”
When our expectations are met and things go according to plan, we feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. Risking little, we feel safe, in control, and on-track. But when life throws us a curveball or does not live up to our expectations, we end up with an Expectation Hangover. This particular brand of discomfort is profoundly sobering and uncomfortable.
Christine Hassler urges us to not wallow in regret, self-recrimination, or anger, and instead see these hangovers as a catalyst for profound transformation. Often life has to throw us a curveball (or several) so that we look in a different direction.
When we fully treat our Expectation Hangover on the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual level, we learn courage, faith, surrender, and love, and we make room for the kind of unexpected things that lead us more directly to a life we love—rather than a life we planned.
The “Over It & On With It” Podcast
Over it and On With It. Master Coach Christine Hassler provides you with practical tools and spiritual principles to help you overcome whatever obstacles might be holding you back.
Each episode, Christine coaches callers live on the air offering them inspiration and guidance to heal their past, change their present and create what they really want. Topics include: relationships, career, health, transitions, finances, life purpose, spirituality and whatever else callers have questions about.
Christine coaches “regular people” on problems – and opportunities – we all face. It's a show that reminds you that you are not alone, while also teaching things you can implement in your own life.
About Christine Hassler
Christine Hassler is a former Hollywood agent and achievement addict turned best-selling author, speaker, and consultant known for helping companies and brands understand and connect with Gen Y.
Recognized as a leading expert on generational diversity, Christine advises on how to bridge generational gaps in the workplace as well as attract, engage and retain today’s Gen Y consumers and employees. Some of her clients include: Nike, Intuit, American Express, Coty, Hearst Publications, and Wells Fargo.
As a professional speaker, Christine leads seminars and workshops to audiences around the country. She has also authored three books: Twenty-Something, Twenty-Everything, The Twenty Something Manifesto, and her latest bestseller: Expectation Hangover.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.