Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste: Digital Self Mastery
“If we develop a gratitude practice, are kind to and respect technology, it suddenly changes the dynamic of the relationship we have with it. It soon becomes one where we are in state of flow and feel at peace. By practicing mindfulness, we no longer feel obstructed by technology, but we see how it can aid us to accomplish great tasks.” – Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
How can you have a healthy relationship with technology and stop being afraid or obsessing over it?
On Wellness Force Radio 159, Social Strategy Adviser, Trainer, Visual Practitioner, Podcast Host of the Evolving Digital Self Podcast and Author of both [email protected] and Digital Self Mastery, Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste, teaches you what steps you can take in order to heal your relationship with technology.
Discover how to make peace with technology by practicing gratitude, kindness, and learning which category of the 6 Types of Digital Self you fall into.
When it comes to technology, which type of person are you?:
Download Your Free Copy of
Digital Self Mastery
In the Digital Era, technology is pervasive in all areas of our lives. As entrepreneurs, tech anxiety and poor habits around technology can make the difference between struggling to make ends meet with no free time and having a business that feeds our desired lifestyle.
Dr. Forbes Öste's integration of human development and behavior science with strategic business presents a new approach to solutions for this rising challenge for today's entrepreneurs. Weaving real-life stories from leaders and practitioners around the globe, Digital Self Mastery is a delight to read and an essential for the entrepreneur and their business to thrive.
Listen To Episode 159 As Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste Uncovers:
- The habits you create around technology by either becoming addicted or avoiding it completely.
- The benefits of wearables when it comes to achieving a balanced life full of wellness.
- Using apps to help you track your health, be more mindful, or organized and less stressed by storing all of our information in devices.
- Steps to take in order to heal your relationship with technology.
- Her experience being diagnosed with both Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Lyme Disease plus their affect on her physical and mental well-being.
- Which pieces of technology aided her with Lyme Disease by helping track her progress, inform her of what her body needed, and passively communicate with her doctor about her status.
- What helped her get through her Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Lyme Disease.
- The new term, ‘high value actions,' and how they can boost your productivity.
- How to begin taking inventory of high value actions and which ones to implement in your life.
- What pieces of technology or apps are getting in the way of your high value actions.
- How to clear out excess digital clutter and keep what's valuable to push you forward.
- Why you need to prioritize spending time with the people who support you and help you grow.
- High value actions concerning relationships, work, and wellness.
- Why communication via social media is up to your personal perspectives and how you value it.
- Making peace with conscience technology by practicing gratitude and kindness every day.
- How social media can benefit international connections and relationships.
- The 6 different types of Digital Self and how to figure out which one you are: adverse, resistant, cautious, balance, curious, hoarder, and addict.
- What's the chance that people will end up being in the hoarder and addict category? How are ethics shaping technology and helping addiction?
- How technology can uplift you and empower you in your wellness.
- Why meditation and mindfulness training is in high demand throughout businesses and education.
Power Quotes From The Show
“It's become such a habit to just take our phones wherever we are because we haven't developed the routines around disconnecting from it. Texting is like a new toy. Older generations haven't really developed the habits to use the phone as often, but younger generations are already becoming accustomed to it. We're in this transition period of playing with technology and we haven't yet learned how to develop good behaviors and habits around it.” – Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
“Whether we like it or not, cell phones have become so ingrained into everything that we do each day. It's our access to people, source of information, and portable brain. When we put it in that perspective, we can really start to appreciate how it's been designed to make life easier for us. Instead of seeing it as a burden, it holds everything from work documents to memories.” – Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
“High value actions are all about you recognizing the key tasks that are important for you to accomplish each day so that you feel like you've completed something and have created value in your life. High value actions don't have to be big; they can be very small. Based on what you have to offer, focus on completing the tasks that will create the greatest value for you in your life and career.” – Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
“Technology can be very uplifting. The more we share what we learn and take the time to explore technology's potential without feeling fear and resentment, the greater the opportunity we have to grow. There are so many different ways to teach each other about wellness by being interconnected.” – Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
Links From Today's Show:
- Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
- Evolving Digital Self Podcast
- 2BalanceU Blog
- Transition to [email protected] in Practice
- [email protected]
- Digital Self Mastery
- Ray Kurzweil
- Why Meditation and Mindfulness Training Is One of the Best Industries for Starting a Business in 2017
- Instead of Detention, These Students Get Meditation
- The Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute
- CES Conference 2018
- Wearable Technology Summit
About Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.