Warning: Undefined array key "disable_url" in /nas/content/live/wellnessforce/wp-content/plugins/tweetthis/includes/share-handler.php on line 321
Alissa Daire Nelson: The Power & Paradox of Vulnerability
“Being vulnerable simply means admitting that you have challenges too. There's a difference between airing your dirty laundry and sharing some vulnerability. When you share vulnerability, there is a purpose of connecting and a solution-oriented talk rather than just complaining and feeling bad about yourself. If you're going on about how much you suck and how everything in your life is falling apart, there's no point in continuing on like this. You have to find a solution and make things different in your life.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
Ready to discover what sets you apart from everyone else and discover your true strengths?
On Wellness + Wisdom 181, Strengths Strategy Certified Coach, Speaker, Author of From Frustrated to Frickin' Awesome, and Host of both the Frickin' Awesome Entrepreneur and Maximize Your Strengths podcasts, Alissa Daire Nelson will teach you several important life lessons including the first steps you can take to become more vulnerable and open with people, why it's better to be curious about others rather than judge them, and why we're all here for a reason.
Listen and learn how to tap into your best strengths and use them to grow your emotional and vulnerability skill set.
THE 4 THINGS
Learn about the 4 things that make you unique and sets you apart from the rest in Alissa's eWorkbook, The 4 Things. Simply go to https://www.daire2succeed.com/wellnessforce to download your copy!
You feel stuck. Irritated. FRUSTRATED.
Because here’s the deal. You know you are primed for greatness. But you have no frickin’ clue how to get there.
Fortunately, these things are true:
- Everyone is uniquely wired for their own success.
- You are enough.
- Success is unreachable only if you allow yourself to get in your way.
We all too often focus on fixing our weaknesses—on becoming a Jack (or Jill) of all Trades. But in this way, we’re never really great at anything. I say this—weakness-fixing is a waste of time; your Strengths are what will help you stop spinning your wheels and instead spiral up!
Are you ready to discover the 4 things that make you so unique?
Listen To Episode 181 As Alissa Daire Nelson Uncovers:
- How she came to specialize as a Strengths Finder after the method helped her through her own struggle with negative thoughts and emotions.
- What a psychosomatic test is and why it's a reliable method to help you learn what your strengths are and how to develop them.
- Why she believes that we're all here for a reason, but doesn't believe that things happen for a reason.
- The vital importance of moving forward positively when something negative happens.
- The most difficult moment she's ever experienced in her life and how that forced her to take a closer look at herself.
- What mom guilt is and why many female entrepreneurs are experiencing it.
- Why she doesn't believe in the theory of work-life balance, but work-life harmony.
- Why the lesson you have to face will be taught to you at the right moment when you need it the most.
- How to enjoy the journey while on your way to being healthy or accomplishing another goal.
- Her own definitions of true vulnerability, authenticity, and honesty.
- Why it's okay that you're not everything because you're still awesome no matter what.
- How to show up with the best parts of you by being real and authentic with others.
- Why you automatically connect with other people when you become vulnerable and share your challenges with them.
- The 34 strength themes that exist and how you can use them to help you grow your emotional and vulnerability skill set.
- How to tap into your various strengths whenever you need them.
- The first steps you can take to become more vulnerable and open with other people in person; not on social media.
- The SFD Tactic – Your Shitty First Draft and how to rewrite the false stories you're telling yourself in order to uncover the truth about yourself and other people.
- The power of getting curious about other people instead of judging them to have a better understanding of where they're coming from.
- Why you have the potential to become great by being the best version of yourself.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Before I realized what my strengths were, I was always wondering what was wrong me and I was so good at emotionally beating myself up. I was going through a divorce when I found the book, Strengths Finder, which included a psychometric test. That book helped me to see that I did have potential and taught me how to use my strengths to unleash it. Knowing you're great is one thing, but then understanding how to leverage your strengths and apply them to your life is a whole other thing.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
“We have such a large capacity with this soul, body, and mind connection. I firmly believe that none of us are here as an accident. However, I don't believe that everything happens for a reason. God, a divine power, or whatever you believe in didn't have time to make junk. So, that means that there is something redeeming and amazing about you. I believe part of our journey is to figure out what that thing is and how we get to contribute to our world.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
“No matter how horrific or wonderful a situation is, you can use that for the betterment of your own life and the lives of other people. Great things can come from every situation, but you have to choose it. You may become the victim of a situation; however, you don't have to remain a victim for the rest of your life. A bad situation wasn't your fault, but it's your responsibility to move forward.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
“When you're ready to learn the lesson, the teacher will appear. So, you have to be ready for that lesson and be able to face it. Even if you're sort of feeling like a coward because you're so afraid, that can be what moves you forward along this journey to do something magnificent and different. You can start off easy; learning the lesson isn't a race. It's not about the end goal, but about the journey and what you experience from it.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
“Everybody is capable of greatness, but who's willing to do the work to get there? Greatness is there for the taking for every single one of us. Instead of trying to do something else, why don't you do something that you're great at? We have the potential to become better versions of ourselves every single day. We have to give up this idea that we have to be like this other person and just be ourselves instead.” – Alissa Daire Nelson
Links From Today's Show
- Alissa Daire Nelson
- Daire Success Coaching
- Frickin' Awesome Entrepreneur Podcast
- Maximize Your Strengths Podcast
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Brené Brown
- Alison Armstrong
- Joseph Campbell
- WFR 129 Gretchen Rubin
- WFR 118 Mike Bundrant
- WFR 086 Mark Divine
- WFR 071 Melissa Hartwig
- WFR 048 Nir Eyal
About Alissa Daire Nelson
Alissa Daire Nelson is a dynamic and inspiring speaker, success coach, and podcast host of the StrengthsFinder-based podcast, Maximize Your Strengths. She helps entrepreneurs and small business owners catapult their businesses without sacrificing their sanity, integrity, or personal lives. Alissa guides her clients identify and live out their Strengths, and crush their goals.
Alissa loves her business, but her biggest joy in life comes in spending time with her husband, children, and friends and loves helping others discover how to make their businesses and relationships thrive in harmony.