Tom Bilyeu & Dr. Jason McKeown: Modius & The Neuroscience of Fat Loss
Today's episode reveals the breakthrough weight-loss device “Modius,” from Neurovalens. This non-invasive wearable headband is helping to reduce body fat and increase wellness through activation of the vestibular nerve.
Traditionally, wearables have focused on tracking and monitoring. They can tell us things like how many steps we've taken, and the body's heart rate and calorie intake.
But this new technology with Modius works by activating the parts of our brain that will dictate how our system holds onto fat. It creates a sensation in the mind of physical activity which will shift our metabolism and help to release excess weight.
On this podcast, we talk with Tom Bilyeu, co-founder of Quest Nutrition and host of the “Impact Theory” podcast, along with Dr. Jason Mckeown, CEO of Neurovalens. They explain how combined with proper diet and exercise, Modius may control how the wellness and medical communities approach obesity in the years to come.
Listen To Episode 130 As We Uncover:
- How to control fat loss through vestibular nerve activation
- Tom's fascination with neuroscience and its impact on wellness
- Why Tom decided to join forces with Neurovalens
- Jason's path that led him to study vestibular stimulation with Dr. Ramachandran
- The meaning behind the name “Modius“
- How the hypothalamus helps to control our level of body fat
- Why vestibular stimulation will cause a metabolic shift in our body
- The changes Tom can notice since wearing the Modius headband
- How the body uses insulin and leptin to regulate our weight and appetite
- Jason's health transformation after using Modius and adjusting his lifestyle
- The cognitive benefits that come from movement and exercise
- How the vestibular system can impact depression and anxiety
- The relation between the vagus and vestibular nerves
- How vestibular stimulation affects our sleep
- Why the effects of Modius won't lead to a dependency on the device
- How a gratitude practice can help reduce stress levels
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- Weight loss can be challenging for many individuals. Sometimes even with proper diet and exercise, we can still hold onto fat. There is an ideal weight where the brain believes it should keep the body, and this level increases with a sedentary lifestyle and high-calorie diet. Through neurostimulation with the Modius, we can help change this determined set point for our body's fat storage and begin to release weight more easily.
- Don't be closed-minded to technology empowering human potential. Forward-thinking innovation is no longer a convenience, but a necessity in the wellness world. We must continuously develop our body's intuition to help regulate our health and these new tools and technologies give us an upper-hand in the process.
- The Modius device isn't the “end all be all” for weight loss, but it's being shown to help us get closer to our goals. We still have to adjust our lifestyle and take steps to increase our physical and emotional wellness if we want to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Power Quotes From Tom and Jason
“Walking into anything with skepticism is always the wise answer.” – Tom Bilyeu
“I have a true passion for how electronics and technology can improve our wellness.” – Dr. Jason Mckeown
“Sometimes there is a gap between the on-paper science and the real world results.” – Tom Bilyeu
“Tracking and monitoring our actions will soon become a much larger part of our wellness.” – Tom Bilyeu
“Vestibular stimulation has been shown to decrease stress-related cortisol levels.” – Dr. Jason Mckeown
“The influence of the nervous system on the mind is profound.” – Dr. Jason Mckeown
“Perspective and gratitude are an essential part of our wellness.” – Josh Trent
“My initial response to failure is work harder, learn more, and get better.” – Tom Bilyeu
Tom Bilyeu, Dr. Drew, and Dr. Pixie are very excited about Modius!
Most people would love to lose a few pounds and get a lean and healthy body. MODIUS is a revolutionary new careable technology which helps you reduce body weight and gain a leaner body. MODIUS is cutting edge technology developed by neuroscientists based in San Diego, California. It works by stimulating a part of the brain that has been shown to naturally influence body weight and help achieve a leaner body.
The “Impact Theory” Podcast
Impact Theory is a business and mindset-focused interview show that will teach anyone aspiring to greatness the secrets to success. The show is hosted by Tom Bilyeu – a serial entrepreneur and co-founder of the #2 Inc. 500 company Quest Nutrition and former host of the viral hit Youtube series Inside Quest (viewed over 100,000,000 times). Bilyeu is known for his passion and preparation. Always eager to truly learn from his guests, Bilyeu digs deep and brings the urgency of someone hungry to put what he’s learning to immediate use – making the show not only entertaining and energetic but also hyper-useful.
About Tom Bilyeu
Tom Bilyeu is the co-founder of 2014 Inc. 500 company Quest Nutrition — a unicorn startup valued at over $1 billion — and the co-founder and host of Impact Theory. Tom’s mission is the creation of empowering media-based IP and the acceleration of mission-based businesses. Personally driven to help people develop the skills they will need to improve themselves and the world, Tom is intent to use commerce to address the dual pandemics of physical and mental malnourishment.
Bilyeu regularly inspires audiences of entrepreneurs, change makers, and thought leaders at some of the most prestigious conferences and seminars around the world, including Abundance 360, A-fest, and Freedom Fast Lane. Tom has also been a guest on the Tony Robbins podcast and The School of Greatness podcast and has been featured in Forbes, Inc., Success, and The Huffington Post. Tom is currently on the Innovation Board of the XPRIZE Foundation.
About Dr. Jason Mckeown
Jason earned his medical degree from Queen’s University, Belfast in Northern Ireland.
He is the youngest ever visiting scholar to be invited to study neuroscience and neuromodulation under Professor Ramachandran.
He successfully led Neurovalens through the InvestNI ‘Propel Programme’ where they were awarded Company of the Year 2015. Jason enjoys electronics and technology and is very proactive in the health & fitness community.
Links From Today's Show:
- Tom Bilyeu:
- Dr. Jason Mckeown
- Modius on Indiegogo
- Quest Nutrition
- Impact Theory
- Tom's Interview with V.S. Ramachandran
- Tom's Interview with Peter Diamandis
- Tom Bilyeu – Episode #098 on Wellness + Wisdom
- Wellness Force episode with Dr. Renee Dua
- Wellness Force episode with Dr. Jade Teta
- Professor Ramachandran
- Professor Ramachandran's Phantom Limb Video
- Dr. Silvia Tara
- Dr. Drew Pinsky
- Adam Carolla
- The Vestibular Nerve
- The Vagus Nerve
- Fahrenheit 451
- Tim Ferris
- John Ratey – “Spark”
- Steve Jobs
- Human Longevity Inc.