My name is Josh Trent and I have a passion for Breathwork.. for SO many reasons.
From an early age I struggled with anxiety and before I knew it, food, drugs, and porn became coping mechanisms that took me 25 years to learn how to let go of…
If I only had the power of the breath to help me control and let go fo my chronic stress.
If I only had what you have right in front of you here with the BREATHE | Breath & Wellness 21 Day Program… I would have saved myself over two decades of pain.
As spirit and fate would have it, since 2017, I've spent 4 years traveling around the world to Thailand, Sedona, Costa Rica and much more to learn the art and science of the breath from some of the most sought after teachers globally to bring you this 21 day program.
I call this journey “my return back home to myself,” and I'm here to share all the lessons, practical and ancient wisdom and techniques with you.
By the end of this program, you will learn how to use the breath as your ally and trusted companion to guide you through anything life brings your way.
By the end of the 21 Days in BREATHE | Breath & Wellness, you will know, trust, and embody the phrase: “If I can breathe, I can choose.”
Paul Chek: The Revolution Is Coming | Part 1
In this first video, Paul will uncover:
- His role as an elder in the health and wellness industries and why we need more of them.
- Why he started the C.H.E.K. Institute in 1995 and how it has evolved over the years.
- His pursuit of understanding the human body and spirit in relation to the earth and the universe.
- The initial resistance to Paul's suggestions of doing wood chops and using Swiss balls in gyms.
- The fact that the word, ‘love' exists in, ‘revolution.'
- How people who have researched and created environmental or health care developments have been driven out or their ideas wiped away by big corporations.
- The history and relationship of soil and science both in the past and now.
- Modern technology vs. ancient technology – Why we can't produce or reproduce today what our ancestors could in the past.
- Instant gratification and the negative impact it has had on society.
- The deeper connection between ourselves and nature that our ancestors had that we're now lacking in modern society.
- Various chemicals and additives that are put in our food and are causing health problems, emotional hunger, and depression.
- The negative effects of children not eating nutritious foods and exercising enough as far as their education, physical health, and mental health.
- What we can learn and take away from the ancient lifestyles of Native Americans and our ancestors.
- The effect of various pollutants on our bodies and hormones.
- The problem with vaccinations and whether or not they're actually beneficial for us.
- How society has been brainwashed to believe in vaccinations and taking prescribed medicine when they probably don't even need them after all.
Power Quotes From Part 1
“The human body is a very complex, cybernetic system and scientific double-blinded research is both isolating information and presenting very bold assertions about the body without realizing that there could also be a knock-on effect. Science is good at objectifying snapshots about your health but they don't tell you a single thing about how you became ill. Your mind and body become ill when you don't live a natural life in harmony with the earth, stars, and universe.” – Paul Chek
“Man will continue to invent technologies outside of himself until he realizes that every technology he builds is actually already present within himself. The question is, ‘Will he destroy the earth before he figures it out?' “ – Paul Chek quoting Rudolf Steiner.
“Today, people cannot focus, think, nor want to do the work and they want everything quick. Society is now at a place where if we don't become conscious in a timely matter, we could collapse at any moment.” – Paul Chek
“There is more to food than just feeding your body. The physical body feeds on food, the emotional body feeds on emotions, and the mental body feeds on thoughts and ideas. Today, there are so many ideas and we’re confused; we don’t know who to believe. So, we end up with a mental hunger for the truth. Because our mind isn’t satiated, we don’t feel safe and we end up emotionally hungry for connection.” – Paul Chek'When you grow your own food, hunt it, or eat it with your hands, you don't only experience a level of physical satiation but a higher level of emotional connection and satisfaction with the earth as well.' - @PaulChekClick To Tweet
Paul Chek: The Revolution Is Coming | Part 2
In this second video, Paul will reveal:
- The latest developments in technology that invade privacy and encourage us to take specific actions like buying a product.
- The importance of organically taking care of the planet for the best, most healthy soil, produce, and animals.
- The average activity of the human being and how to get out of our sedentary lifestyle.
- Why we need to go back to focusing on “not too much and not too little” for everything.
- How to get started on doing the real work to improve yourself through therapeutic methods and true life changes.
- By simply buying organic foods, toxic products, and leaving a smaller carbon footprint, you can help make the change that you want to see happen in this world.
- Find out why first focusing on movement, happiness, stillness, and nutrition won't only make a difference in improving your life but make a huge impact on our society as well.
- Incredible facts about the use of the water we use every single day and how to easily decrease the negative effects.
- How to decide which approach to nutrition is best for you according to what your body needs at different times.
- What growing up on a farm has taught him about respecting nature and taking care of your body through nutrition.
- Why basic principles and taking care of yourself first is the key to being a healthy person.
- The dangers of microwaving food for both babies and everyone else.
- What steps we can take to be happy with what we have instead of needing more and more stuff.
- How human beings have gotten to the point of being so toxic that we can poison the soil when we bury a body.
- How to use plant medicine to benefit yourself while also respecting Mother Nature.
- Our problem with identifying ourselves with our cars, toys, and other status symbols.
- The question you have to ask yourself when you're doing all that you can to keep yourself energized and working crazy hours for your job.
- How to change the world via The 4 C.H.E.K. System
- 1. What's my dream?
- 2. Where am I out of balance?
- 3. What are my dream affirmative core values?
- 4. The 4 Doctors – Doctor Happiness, Doctor Diet, Doctor Quiet, and Doctor Movement.
- Religion and what you can learn from studying all various views and beliefs about yourself and about the world.
- The Yin and Yang of different exercises: Working in movements for gathering energy compared to working out which uses up energy.
Power Quotes From Part 2
“The wisest, healthiest people all had one fundamental concept underneath their philosophy: Not too much, not too little. That is what we need to get back to as a society. You don't need to over exercise but you do need to exercise. You don't need to overeat but you shouldn't under eat.” – Paul Chek
“Plant medicines don't do the work for you; they open up your psyche and show you what's truly keeping you from being human and a citizen of the universe. From that moment, it's up to you to pick yourself up and walk through the door that they have opened up for you.” – Paul Chek
“Constant consumerism is an indication that we have lost connection with our soul. We have lost connection with what gives us a sensation of satiation emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. We've lost connection to what really is beautiful.” – Paul Chek
“Right now, we need all hands on deck to make this world a better place. However, you can't think effectively until you're fed and rested effectively; you can't do any work until you're ready to work; you can't be loving until you're loving to yourself. You have to eat well to think well; you have to eat well to move well; you have to eat well to rest well. If you don't eat well, you can't sleep because your body is jacked up on chemicals and you're full of adrenaline and cortisol. When you see what it takes to be a healthy person, it means you have to go right back to basic principles.” – Paul Chek“A sick body has sick emotions. A sick body has a sick mind. The mind and the body mirror each other; as above so below, as below as above.” – @PaulChek of @CHEKInstitute on @WellnessForce Radio https://wellnessforce.com/226 for this special 3-part interview series.Click To Tweet
Paul Chek: The Revolution Is Coming | Part 3
In this third video, Paul will share:
- How to identify where you're out of balance so you can use a holistic approach to develop core values that will help you heal.
- What depression truly is in the human mind – the fear that yesterday will be tomorrow.
- How to carve out time for yourself with such a busy schedule in this Western, modern society.
- Views on music genres such as hard rock metal or rap – Are they spreading negativity or do they allow us to embrace the darkness to complement the light?
- The difference between depression and anxiety.
- What happiness really is and why it's not having everything you ever wanted.
- Definition of consciousness as a psychic substance that's not produced blindly but in living awareness of opposites.
- The fact that the only universal constant is change.
- How modern culture has become afraid of change rather than seeing it as an invitation to embrace something new and exciting.
- What it means to be in a real, loving relationship with someone.
- How to grow and give both your full love and attention to your significant other.
- Steps to make yourself happy rather than relying on your partner.
- How to work through difficult times by working with a focus on the labor of love instead of on money.
- The process he works through with people to help them find their real dream, happiness in their struggles, and identify what challenges have actually helped them grow.
- The polarity between both men and women in our masculinity and feminity.
- How men can better treat women in a loving relationship.
- What wellness means to him and how we can live a life focused on health, self-care, and being conscious.
Power Quotes From Part 3
“Your ‘yes' has no value until you learn how to say, ‘no.' Until you know what your own core value system is, you'll make poor, unhealthy decisions that make you unhappy because you haven't learned how to say, ‘no.' Once you understand what your values are, you can shift and move your energy in alignment with your dream.” – Paul Chek
“If you're listening to sad music when you're sad but you're not taking action to create happiness, then you're actually just medicating yourself with the illness.” – Paul Chek
“Consciousness is a psychic substance produced not blindly but in living awareness of opposites.” – Paul Chek'Depression is the fear that yesterday will be tomorrow. Anxiety is fear of tomorrow.' – @PaulChek of @CHEKInstitute on @WellnessForce Radio https://wellnessforce.com/226 for this special 3-part interview series.Click To Tweet
Links From Today's Show
- Paul Chek
- The C.H.E.K. Institute
- Healthy Core Cycle Checklist
- PPS Success Mastery Program
- Paul Chek’s library on Amazon
- The Last 4 Doctors You'll Ever Need – ebook
- Spirit Guides & Power Animals
- Symptoms Consciousness Rising
- Nikola Tesla: A Quick-Read Biography About the Life and Inventions of a Visionary
- Politics in Healing: The Suppression and Manipulation of American Medicine
- Harry Hoxsey: Guilty of Curing Cancer with Herbs
- Farmers of Forty Centuries: Organic Farming in China, Korea, and Japan
- 500 Nations: An Illustrated History of North American Indians 1st Edition
- ONNIT Podcast – Kyle Kingsbury
- Charles Poloquin
- Ken Wilber library on Amazon
- Rudolf Steiner library on Amazon
- Terence McKenna library on Amazon
- Joseph Campbell library on Amazon
- David Wilcock
- The Secret Life of Nature: Living in Harmony With the Hidden World of Nature Spirits
from Fairies to Quarks
- The Secret Life of Plants: a Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional, and
Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man
- The Influence of Electromagnetic Pollution on Living Organisms: Historical Trends and Forecasting Changes
- Blinded Experiments
- Missing Links w/ Gregg Braden
- Blog: What’s in Your Food?
- Sherri J. Tenpenny, D.O.
- Vaxxter.com – Vaxxter is the leading authority on the alternative health news
- Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices
- Are your phone camera and microphone spying on you?
- Closed Organic Cycle: Paul Chek
- Wellness Force The Science of Why Vegans Get Sick
- Controlled Animal Feeding Operations: Tearing the world apart
- New CHEK Academy
- Biodynamics is a holistic, ecological, and ethical approach to farming, gardening,
food, and nutrition.
- Rudolph Steiner: Founder of Waldorf Schools
- Regenerative Organic Certification is a holistic agriculture certification encompassing
pasture-based animal welfare, fairness for farmers and workers, and robust
requirements for soil health and land management.
- Where have all our insects gone?
- Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness
- Molecules of Emotion: Why You Feel the Way You Feel
- The Biology of Belief: Bruce Lipton
- Gaia: A New Look at Life on Earth: James Lovelock
- Are Microwaves Safe? (Must Read if You Use a Microwave Oven)
- The Creation of Consciousness: Jung's Myth for Modern Man (Studies in Jungian
- Phenomenology of Spirit: G. W. F. Hegel
- Blueprint for Immortality: The Electric Patterns of Life
About Paul Chek
Paul Chek is a world-renowned expert in the fields of corrective and high-performance exercise kinesiology, stress management and holistic wellness. For over thirty years, Paul’s unique, integrated approach to treatment and education has changed the lives of many of his clients, his students, and their clients. By treating the body as a whole system and finding the root cause of a problem, Paul has been successful where traditional approaches have consistently failed.
Paul is the founder of the C.H.E.K (Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology) Institute, based in California, USA, and the P~P~S Success Mastery Coaching Program. He is a prolific author of books, articles and blog posts. In addition, Paul is a registered Native American Spirit Guide and Medicine Man with the Nemenhah Band (people of the truth) and Native American Traditional Organization (NAC) where he initiates a process of awakening often fulfilling comprehensive healing through sacred ceremony.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner