The Art of Surrender: Tommy Baker
The Art of Surrender: Tommy Baker
“Surrender is an energy of just allowing; it's your pathway to the powerful transformation that you're looking for in your life.” – Tommy Baker
Are you ready to create your life by design and live without limits?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 254, Founder of Resist Average Academy, Host of the Resist Average Academy Podcast, and Author of both, UnResolution, and his latest, The 1% Rule, Tommy Baker, explains why the fastest way to change your behavior is to change your environment, how he balances both the alignment and hustle in his life, and why life-changing breakthroughs happen so often when you experience a breakdown.
Discover why disconnecting yourself, feeling your emotions, and spending time in that space will give you the answers you need to heal
**Enter To Win A Free Copy
Of The 1% Rule
To enter to win 1 of 3 copies of The 1% Rule by Tommy Baker: all you have to do is leave a 5-star review right here for the podcast on iTunes right from your phone or computer during the contest period (1/15-1/21) and you'll be automatically entered to win.**Entrants must leave a 5-star podcast review for Wellness Force Radio on iTunes by 1/21/2019 at 11:59pm ESTHere's how you can click to leave a review from your iPhone, easily right now
. Just follow the directions in the video below. That will take you right to the review screen on your iPhone and after you hit “send” that’s it, you’re entered! Just a quick head’s up, after you hit send, your review won’t show on iTunes for 24 hours.
Any questions on how to enter from your computer? A quick 30-second video will show you how below:
**(1) winner will be chosen by a random computer and your iTunes username will be announced on January 22nd right from the Wellness Force Facebook page, so make sure you like our page and turn on notifications to claim your prize on January 22nd.
About The 1% Rule
In a highlight reel, microwave world — you're led to believe success is right around the corner:
It's not working.
Not only is it not working with your ability to achieve your goals, but we've also never been more frustrated, stuck, stressed and unfulfilled.
Most personal development is all about the big and bold vision, yet these days we're not missing ambition or dreamers…
We're missing results and execution.But what if there was a way to shut off the noise, fall in love with the process and take one step forward every single day as you paint your life's masterpiece?
Enter The 1% Rule — a daily system designed to help you close the gap without the crushing pressure that has kept you stuck in the past.
The 1% Rule was designed to answer three core questions:
- Why do some people seem to achieve massive success with everything they do — while others can't seem to get out of their own way?
- What separates those who get excited and inspired for a season, a quarter or a few months — and those who are consistently on fire?
- What are the mindsets, principles, routines, and behaviors of those who execute daily, and those who sit on the sidelines pondering?
…through answering these questions over the last decade in the trenches with thousands of people — they are now the framework of The 1% Rule and are yours today.
All transformation is emotional. Whether you want to lose ten pounds or grow your business, you're going to have that emotional battle that comes with change and getting uncomfortable. - Tommy Baker of @ResistAverageClick To Tweet
The 1% Rule by Tommy Baker
Listen To Episode 254 As Tommy Baker Uncovers:
- What the 1% rule actually is and his mission to share it with the world to help you win the day.
- Why the constant hustle and bustle isn't even doing you any good by creating constant overwhelm.
- His experience in a float tank and how it allowed him to explore his thoughts and eventually change his life.
- How he let go of everything in his life to up and move out west to Arizona for a new pace and environment.
- The power of not getting caught up in thinking ‘how' you're going to make something happen.
- What the Japanese philosophy of Kaizen is all about and how it relates to the 1%.
- Why you can't make the most out of life transformations without being focused on small developments that can help you build a foundation.
- Why he focuses on purpose, attention, and action rather than ‘hustle' when he wakes up every day at 4 AM.
- How he began to lean into his own emotions and feel each feeling for greater emotional intelligence.
- His experience working with entrepreneurs and helping them navigate their dark emotions, lack of something missing in their lives, and thoughts of self-hate for greater inner peace.
- How getting radically honest with yourself without judgment will open new doors.
- One of his own biggest breakdowns that allowed him to have the breakthrough he needed.
- How one of his greatest breakthroughs came from finally surrendering which then allowed him to heal from his illness.
- The steps you can take to embrace all of the emotions you feel, the breakdowns you experience, and your individual wellness journey.
- How you can practice surrender and letting go on a daily basis.
- A deep look into the biology and energetics of the law of attraction.
- Why both failure and success can equally crumble you if you don't do the emotional inner work.
Power Quotes From The ShowSo many breakthroughs come during breakdowns because that's when the band-aid is ripped off and we're actually willing to take an honest look at ourselves. That's when change happens. - Tommy Baker of @ResistAverageClick To Tweet
“We can grasp all of the answers we need in the moments of silence and where our inspiration lies. Anywhere in which you feel a pull, there are your answers. If you give yourself enough space, all of the answers you need will come up. All of the distraction, noise, and stimulus you face elsewhere is just blocking the answers but if you dig deep, you can get them back.” – Tommy Baker
“Ultimately, emotions can be used in one of two ways: to create or to destroy. If we don't understand our emotions, we become lost and often take the destructive route through bad habits that destroy our bodies or relationships. Getting to know oneself is a beautiful journey and you have to be okay with these “negative emotions” which aren't even negative emotions. If we have the courage to dig deep enough into the dark, there's always going to be something in there like a moment of clarity or new opportunity that we never noticed saw before.” – Tommy Baker
“A lot of people talk about unconditional love with others but what about unconditional love with ourselves? Are we willing to face ourselves with these dark emotions and not judge ourselves or feel guilty but just be a witness to them and appreciate ourselves despite our flaws?” – Tommy Baker
Make Your “Breakdown” Your Break THROUGH! | Resist Average Academy
Links From Today's Show
- Tommy Baker
- Resist Average Academy
- Resist Average Academy Podcast
- The 1% Rule
- The Leap of Your Life by Tommy Baker | Pre-Order Now
- Tommy Baker – Influencive Blogs
- Self-Resilience | essay by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Guided Abundance Meditation | Bob Proctor
- Dr. John DeMartini | The Law of Attraction
- Dr. John DeMartini
- Alan Watts
- Zhuang Zhou
- Joseph Campbell
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- David Deida
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- WFR 055 Gay and Katie Hendricks
About Tommy Baker
Ever get excited and inspired by a bold vision — then completely get lost on what to do next? That's when Tommy Baker — author, speaker, coach, and host of the Resist Average Academy podcast comes in. Designed to help you reverse engineer your success and live an inspired life on your terms, Tommy's enthusiasm and passion can be felt from miles away in his podcast, books, courses and intensive mastermind experiences. As he likes to say, he doesn't have it all figured out — but he loves the process.
Join The Wellness Warrior VIP Club:
**Click on the photo above to get exclusive discounts on new wellness tools, be first in line for new podcasts, get access to invite-only events, and so much more.**