6 Fast Important Steps For You As A Featured Guest:
1. **You will need a USB microphone.
Any USB computer microphone will likely give better sound than your computer’s built-in mic.
2. **Best connection is to use Ethernet for the Skype interview internet connection.
Please close all apps and connections to WiFi during the interview. A strong internet connection via Ethernet cable is recommended if possible and will ensure a clean, clear, and intimate audio episode free of gaps and cut-outs.
**Please add Host, Josh Trent on Skype now: fitnessSD
3. Find a space that is quiet, where you won’t be interrupted.
Background noise from planes, humming refrigerators, air conditioners, and attention-hungry children (or employees) are all the enemy of good audio 🙂
4. Wear earphones during your interview.
That way Josh’s voice will go straight into your ears and won’t be picked up by your microphone, avoiding a “feedback loop.”
5. Avoid rooms that are echo-y or have lots of hard, flat surfaces.
The optimal environment would be a small room with carpets, heavy curtains, and other soft surfaces that deaden reflected sound.
6. Maintain a consistent distance from the microphone during our conversation.
Six to 8 inches is perfect while avoiding microphones that rub on clothing or face.
One Last Tip:
Keep a glass of water handy during your interview. It’ll be good for your voice as you’re talking and hey, staying hydrated is never a bad idea 🙂
**iTunes reports over 60% of listeners will opt-out of all future episodes that contain poor audio