Stop Resisting Your Resistance Training: Don Saladino
“Feeling insecure is normal when someone's not used to being in the fitness environment. Even though you feel intimated by the gym, the truth is that no cares about how you look or about what type of shape you're in. If you're at the gym and you're a good, quality human being who's putting an effort in, I have great respect for you.” – Don Saladino
Do you believe that the only way to lose weight, get healthy, and stay fit for life is to have a no pain, no gain mentality?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 225, world-class and world-renowned health & fitness professional, owner of Drive495 Health Clubs, and Creator of the Playbook App, Don Saladino, explains why you don't have to beat yourself up to get in shape, how to build healthy, realistic habits for life, and what you should be looking for in a personal trainer.
Learn how to get over your fear of the gym by having a specific workout plan that matches your focus, needs, and wants.
Download The Playbook App
What is Playbook?
Easily monetize your health, fitness and wellness content and create a meaningful recurring revenue.
What does Playbook include?
- Membership $9.99/month
- Suit Up & Tone Up Programs (Programs Section)
- 6 Week Contests, HUGE PRIZES!
- New weekly bonus workouts (Workout Section)
- Feature celebrity workouts (Workout Section)
- Nutrition Plan (Insights Section)
- Customer support
- All available through the Playbook iOS App!
SuitUp & ToneUp Programs
NEW 6-WEEK PROGRAMS EVERY 2 MONTHS!
6 Week / 5 Days per Week Program
My Suit Up Program is designed to pack on muscle, shed body fat and build athleticism, all while retaining mobility and flexibility. Suit Up represents the culmination of 20 years experience in the fitness industry. These programs use the same training principles I’ve used with the likes of Ryan Reynolds, Liev Schreiber, Sebastian Stan and others.
This 6-week program will progressively get more difficult from week to week. Starting week 4, the program will introduce new movements and bonus rounds. This approach will allow you to perfect the skills you are working on and provides the greatest adaptation potential for your body.
6 Week / 5 Days per Week Program
My Tone Up Program is designed to torch body fat, create lean toned muscles and build athleticism, all while retaining mobility and flexibility. Tone Up represents the culmination of 20 years experience in the fitness industry. These programs use the same training principles I’ve used with the likes of Blake Lively, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Aniston, Emily Blunt and others.
This 6-week program will get progressively more difficult from week to week. Starting week 4, the program will introduce new exercises and bonus rounds. This approach will allow you to perfect the skills you are working on and provides the greatest adaptation potential for your body.
Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool 2 Workout Explained by His Personal Trainer | Men's Health
Listen To Episode 225 As Don Saladino Uncovers:
- Why women are resisting from doing weight training when they don't have to be.
- Why he was so drawn in the world of strength training and bodybuilding.
- How his background and negative childhood experiences shaped who he is today.
- The contrast between fitness and wellness and how they're changing in the current industry.
- Why Planet Fitness wouldn't allow one of his clients to have a membership based on her weight.
- Why people are so hesitant to join a gym and start weight training.
- How he's helped people completely transform their lives by creating healthy habits rather than looking for that quick fix.
- The wrong advice that people are giving to their clients or on social media.
- Why it's better to work one-on-one with a personal coach rather than a social media influencer.
- The biggest No-Nos to be aware of and avoid in a personal trainer.
- Why resistance training, not cardio, should be the foundation of your fitness plan for losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle.
- The importance of mixing up workouts for both a physical and mental beneficial standpoint.
- Why some of your favorite workouts might not be good for you but specific training can help you become the strongest version of yourself.
- How to integrate strength training into a holistic lifestyle based on self-love.
- The importance of having a mindset for longevity rather than just losing weight.
- Train to failure: should you be doing it doing your workouts?
- Why he starts clients off with belly breathing and how much they focus on doing before working out.
- His own spiritual practice of thinking how he could be a better person.
- How his focus on physical intelligence has changed from when he was 20 to now at 40.
Power Quotes From The Show
“You don't have to be killing yourself in the gym. You don't have to have this Biggest Loser approach to fitness or be vomiting after each workout. Being healthy is just about making better choices, moving in an intelligent way, and if people took that approach, they'd be able to reach their health and fitness goals a lot quicker and easier than they ever imagined. As I'm getting older, I'm finding that I may even need less and just do two-three movements each day. It's shocking how a little can go a long way.” – Don Saladino
“People find going to the gym very intimidating. When someone's not used to being in the fitness environment, they immediately feel insecure but the truth is, no one cares how you look. I don't care what type of shape you're in or what you look like. If you're at the gym and you're a good, quality human being who's putting an effort in, I have great respect for you. If you still feel insecure about the gym, just go in there for 10 minutes and do something really simple like a 3-movement circuit or run around the track to build confidence.” – Don Saladino
“Training a celebrity really isn't any different; they have families, work, and time constraints too. The only difference is that sometimes we have a definitive goal that has to be reached in 3 months. What people need is consistency. Some days you can go in there with just a 40-60% effort and it's all good because it's better than not doing anything for weeks. Plus that day off from the gym might be exactly what you need sometimes.” – Don Saladino
Don Saladino & David Harbour – Hellboy Training
Links From Today's Show
- Don Saladino
- Drive495 Health Clubs
- Playbook App
- Don Saladino Blog
- Super Trainer: Meet The Man Behind Some of Hollywood's Fittest Action Heroes
- Don's No-Hangover Playbook
- Don Saladino On Training Celebrities, Running A Gym, And Getting Cover-Ready In 30 Days
- Don Saladino'S 7-Week Plan To Get Shredded From Head To Toe
- Robert Irvine – Interview With Celebrity Trainer Don Saladino
- TrueForm Runner Treadmills
- Charlie Weingroff
- Kyle Balzer
- TMHS 280: Exercise Secrets & Building Superhero Bodies – With Celebrity Trainer Don Saladino
- WFR 203 Brian Mackenzie
About Don Saladino
Don Saladino is one of the most in-demand and respected trainers in the business. For over 20 years, he has coached actors, athletes, musicians, and titans of business function at their full potential. He is also responsible for some of Hollywood’s most coveted physiques. Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Liev Schreiber, Sebastian Stan, Morgan Hoffman, Hugh Jackman, and David Harbour, are a few names off the roster of clients who have trained with him at Drive495 gym in Soho, Manhattan.
Saladino has been tapped as a fitness expert in publications such as Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Met Rx and most recently, was featured on the cover of the March issue of Muscle and Fitness. He has also been featured in Origins, In Touch, US Weekly, and People; and has made appearances doing live fitness demos on The Today Show, Page Six TV, People NOW, The Better Show, & The Juice.
Now Saladino is sharing his tried-and-true programming, along with cutting-edge techniques, with a worldwide audience through his social media accounts and the Playbook app, of which he serves as CTO.
His ability to be at the forefront of fitness trends has garnered him the iconic Muscle & Fitness cover, as well as, made him a sought-after brand ambassador for top-tier health brands.
Don lives in Cold Spring Harbor, NY with his wife, Mel, and their two children, Amelia and Donny Jr.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.