Vinnie Tortorich: No Sugar, No Grains
“Cancer feeds on sugar. Plain and simple as that. If you want to have a healthy body and mind, it's vital that you cut out as much processed sugar as possible.” – Vinnie Tortorich
You might have come to believe that being healthy and getting fit means eating bland foods and working out until you're about to crash and burn.
Well, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Living healthy isn't a punishment, it's about being present and enjoying the moment.
On Wellness Force Radio episode 154, celebrity fitness trainer, speaker, Podcast Host of Fitness Confidential, and best-selling author of Fitness Confidential: Adventures in the Weight-Loss Game, Vinnie Tortorich, shares life stories, the importance of movement, and how to follow the No Sugars, No Grains (NSNG) lifestyle.
With more than 30 years involved in the health and wellness industry, Vinnie has experienced so much and is a great source on any topic you want to know more about.
Fitness Confidential by Vinnie Tortorich
For over 20 years, Vinnie has been Hollywood's go-to guy for celebrities and athletes looking to get fit fast.
Now, in this hilarious and often r-rated memoir, he holds nothing back. What's the best piece of fitness equipment money can buy? What's the fastest way to lose weight: diet or exercise?
Why are health clubs worse than used car lots? In Fitness Confidential, Vinnie tells all. So get ready to get fit, get inspired and get the dirt with Hollywood's most outrageous personal trainer!
Listen To Episode 154 As Vinnie Tortorich Uncovers:
- What he has seen and experienced with more than 30 years involved in the health and wellness industry.
- How he came up with the No Sugars, No Grains lifestyle.
- Why the idea that eggs are bad for you is a complete lie.
- The fact that quinoa is a grain and therefore it doesn't belong in the NSNG lifestyle.
- How the combination of becoming legally deaf at 6 years old, attending Catholic school, and his home life shaped the way that he is today.
- Vinnie's experience having and defeating leukemia.
- How he changed his diet to help end his leukemia by adding more Vitamin B, following a ketogenic diet, and cutting out sugars completely.
- Why is it that no single person ever succeeds on the very first try.
- Which is more important to focus on to get fit: diet or exercise?
- Why it's vital that you exercise so that you don't lose your muscular strength.
- Do celebrities have the same complaints with accountability that normal people do?
- How one of Vinnie's listeners, Lisa, broke through her negative relationship with food and overcame great adversity to become comfortable with herself.
- Why do certain foods negatively affect the blood sugars of some people, but not for others? What about the European Paradox?
- Which foods can spike our blood sugars to an unhealthy level?
- What can the Ketogenic Diet do for people? Can we cycle in and out with it?
- Why NSNG is not a Ketogenic Diet.
- How to prepare for a trip if you're on a 30 Day NSNG Reset.
Power Quotes From The Show
“When it comes to fitness, you can either use it or lose it. If you're not using your muscles and helping your body grow and get strong, then you're just dwindling away. What kind of exercise you decide do doesn't even matter. Go for a walk, on a bike ride, or use a jump rope for a couple of minutes. It doesn't matter.” – Vinnie Tortorich
“You shouldn't constantly cycle in and out of a Ketogenic Diet because that creates a lot of acidity in your system which can lead to problems like gallstones. Once you're in, you're in. You don't want to go crazy and have a carb night once you decide to get off the Keto Diet.” – Vinnie Tortorich
“Don't sleep in every morning. Instead, get up and get moving. Whether you have something to do the next day or not, get up and create something to do – even on the weekend. Have a healthy breakfast with some protein like a whole egg and then do something physical. You don't have to do tons of exercise first thing in the morning, but maybe some stretching or a light walk.” – Vinnie Tortorich
“Everyone has their own journey, but pretty much everyone just gives up after they fail. They don't see failure as another step towards success. If you think like that, then you're missing out because no one ever succeeds on the first try. We need to learn from our own failures.” – Vinnie Tortorich
Links From Today's Show:
- Vinnie Tortorich
- Fitness Confidential by Vinnie Tortorich and Dean Lorey
- The Fitness Confidential Podcast
- Fitness Confidential Episode 956 – Josh Trent on Emotion-Driven Eating
- No Sugar No Grains (NSNG) Frequently Asked Questions
- Fitness Confidential: The Weight That Protects You Will Kill You – Episode 884
- Being Gluten Free and F*** Quinoa
- The French Paradox: Lessons for Other Countries
- Vinnie Tortorich on the Adam Carolla Show
- What the Health trailer
- Vinnie Tortorich on the Oprah Winfrey Network – Where Are They Now?
- Wide World of Sports
- Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey
- Bruce Lipton
- WFR #129 – Gretchen Rubin
- WFR #103 – Robb Wolf
About Vinnie Tortorich
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.