Luminous Awareness: Andrew DeGregorio
“If you check your body, you're going to find this fear and tension there. If you can find it and not judge it but begin to experience it, that fear will somehow dissolve. Stop fighting fear and instead embrace it with love and experience it. You'll then realize that it's just tension, energy, or stuck emotion in the body that can start to be dissolved and released.” – Andrew DeGregorio
Is it possible to actually be able to love and accept your fears? What different types of therapy and inner work can positively impact your outside environment?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 218, transformational speaker, intuitive counselor, and healer, Andrew DeGregorio, teaches you how energy medicine can be used to heal from past traumas, how to apply the awareness areas of the 7 Chakras to your life, and the different attachment styles you have with yourself, family, and significant other.
Discover the real truth about doing the inner work and why it's almost impossible unless you do it with someone who can guide you through the process.
Heal With Andrew
Intuitive Counselor & Healer, Andrew DeGregorio offers both in person, online, or by phone one-on-one sessions. Together, he will work with you to explore any issues or support needs that are arising for you.
What others say about working with Andrew:
“Andrew says it best when he says that his sessions are 10 years of psychotherapy packed into one visit. As someone who has been in psychotherapy for 10 years, I can absolutely vouch for this. Andrew is intelligent, insightful and truly a gift to this earth. I always leave his sessions with multiple “a-ha!” moments. Working with Andrew has been a truly life-changing experience…I have never felt more alive and at peace in my own skin, more attuned to my truest self, more on the mark with forging my life's path; and I owe a vital part of that to Andrew and his invaluable work.” – Diana T., Psychotherapist
“His practice is not only about healing, but it is also about teaching oneself to go beyond your own comfort zone…I recommend if you are a person who is ready to progress to the next stage in your life or feel something has shifted, you should consider a consultation with Andrew.” – Christina Cha, Producer & TV Personality/Actor
Listen To Episode 218 As Andrew DeGregorio Uncovers:
- How he made the decision to go from comedian to transformational coach.
- EMDR Therapy – what it is and how it's a beneficial method to desensitize trauma in the body.
- The power of radical therapy and assisted inner work.
- His traumatic brain injury and what he learned about it from that experience.
- Luminous training – how it helped him take his emotional intelligence and somatic awareness to the next level.
- What's actually going on if you find yourself yawning during energy work.
- Why we're all extraordinary; we just have to tap into ourselves to discover that.
- Energy medicine – what it is and he uses it as part of his work.
- How you can become more grounded in reality.
- How to recognize your negative behavior patterns and start reshaping them.
- Why doing the inner work is almost impossible unless you do it with someone else who can guide you through the process.
- How to create new pathways while still loving and respecting the old pathways you used to follow every day.
- Steps you can take to love and accept your fear.
- Your different attachment styles – secure and insecure stypes as well as how we relate and attach to ourselves, family, and even spouses.
- What you can do to begin shifting your attachment style from insecure to secure without forcing it.
- Awareness areas of the chakras and how to apply them to your life.
- Practices you can do to clear out the Root Chakra.
- What happens when you meet someone amazing but they haven't done the work yet.
- Strategies that help you meet and connect with your human needs in a healthy way.
- The 3 different relationships and which ones are acceptable and which are not.
Power Quotes From The Show
“With EMDR Therapy, I began to realize that doing inner work was drastically changing my outer world including giving me things that I've always wanted. It helped me have deeper relationships with my mom, friends, and connect more and more with the people in my life but I wasn't doing anything else except for inner work. Before the inner work, I had been taught that I need to work hard, fight through fear, and get out there to just do what I can but none of that ever worked for me. Therapy really changed my life.” – Andrew DeGregorio
“As you do the inner work, you'll start to find that we all have these gifts that we didn't know were in there. We are superheroes; we have these powers and gifts that are absolutely amazing; they're just not in the mental field. You have to get out of the mind and into the body to be able to access the different levels and layers of this field of energy. We all have it; we're just not aware of it.” – Andrew DeGregorio
“You don't have to do this inner work alone. That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned while on this healing journey. You don't have to do this alone and it actually takes longer to create new pathways if you're by yourself. If you have multiple people and sources helping you, then you can create these pathways at a much faster rate.” – Andrew DeGregorio
Links From Today's Show
- Andrew DeGregorio
- Andrew's full story
- Heal with Andrew
- Contact Andrew
- How One Guy’s Journey To Find His Purpose Led To A Viral Video And The Career Of His Dreams
- What is EMDR?
- Malcolm Gladwell
- Peter Cummings
- JP Sears
- WFR 149 Johnny Blackburn
- WFR 073 Kute Blackson
- WFR 055 Gay Hendricks
About Andrew DeGregorio
At the age of 32, a surfboard bashed into Andrew’s head when he was out surfing one day. He was left unconscious in the ocean until a complete stranger pulled him out and saved his life. Andrew was never the same again. Andrew began to question his identity and purpose. He became incredibly present to the world in a way he never experienced before. Andrew took it upon himself to dive deep into a spiritual practice and that was where he discovered many of his gifts.
He graduated from a 2-year program at the Luminous Awareness institute where he trained to become a guide in awakening and healing. Since then, he's worked with hundreds of clients (with 5-star ratings on Yelp) that have come for reasons that vary from physical pain, trauma, life struggles, business challenges, deepening their spiritual practice, developing their psychic gifts, relationship/family support and too many other topics to name.
As a stand-up comedian, transformational speaker, intuitive counselor, and healer, Andrew brings together a unique blend of modalities that allows him to share his gifts with compassion and humor. In addition to offering healing and leading workshops, Andrew has trained with renowned teachers such as Lorraine DeLear, Dustin Diperna, Kyle Cease, Anna-Lisa Adelberg, John Churchill, Peter Cummings and many more.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- February 2009