Overcoming Impostor Syndrome With Ella Lucas-Averett
Overcoming Impostor Syndrome With Ella Lucas-Averett:
In our fast paced and demanding world where the ability to pivot and transition every day is a necessity, how do we move past what Psychologists call “Impostor Syndrome” to conquer the deeper fears of not being enough?
Impostor Syndrome is a concept that describes individuals marked by an inability to realize their accomplishments and have a persistent fear of being exposed as a “fraud.” This way of thinking causes us to dismiss our accomplishments and abilities, feeling they may have occurred from luck, circumstance, or having deceived others into thinking we're someone other than our true selves.
To some extent, everyone is ingrained with this mental noise that tells us we're not good enough or don't belong. Our mind also wonders what may happen if people find out we're not as intelligent as they think. These thoughts can be the loudest when pursuing a goal or passion, and the fear of exposing ourselves as a failure can limit exploration and destroy the courage needed to delve into new experiences.
To overcome these limiting and destructive thought processes, it's necessary to ask ourselves an important question:
How can we move past Impostor Syndrome to develop our power, awareness, and take action in the direction of our true desires?
On this episode of Wellness Force Radio, we explore this topic and much more with Ella Lucas-Averett, Host of the “On Air With Ella” Podcast. During this interview, Ella discusses techniques to move past our fears and find greater alignment.
Listen To Episode 127 As Ella Uncovers:
- Why she felt a calling to spread the message of health and wellness
- The importance of taking complete accountability in our lives
- How to start where we are, use what we have, and do what we can
- Why the path towards success isn't a linear journey
- How to make sure impostor syndrome doesn't stop us from pursuing the things we desire
- The power that comes from being authentic
- Triggers that can amplify impostor syndrome
- How we can take an emotional inventory and find our authentic voice
- Ways to turn fear into curiosity
- How to determine if something isn't in alignment with our true selves
- How thoughts are manufactured around events, situations, and circumstances
- The importance of taking complete accountability in our relationships
- Why taking action won't always be fun and comfortable
- How we can use visualization to overcome our fears
- The tools that help us move through impostor syndrome
Top 3 Takeaways From Ella
- In order to take more control over our lives, it's necessary to develop radical accountability with our thoughts, emotions, and actions.
- We must choose to manufacture powerful thoughts if we are to move past our fears and find greater alignment.
- There is strength in vulnerability and letting our authentic selves shine through to the world. Trying to project an image of perfection can hold us back from finding our deeper calling.
Power Quotes From Ella
“I don't see any point in trying to project some image of perfection.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“If fear could have killed you, it would have by now.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“Our confusion stems from a lack of consciousness.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“We can live in the past or focus on the possibilities.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“It's not about shame and blame, it's about choice and power.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“The antidote to fear is taking action.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“Perfection is fear with different clothes on.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
“Motivation is on the other side of action.” – Ella Lucas-Averett
Ella's Video On “When Fasting Turns To Bingeing”
The “On Air With Ella” Podcast
This show is for anyone who wants to feel better, look better, live better and have some fun on the way. Ella interviews experts on wellness, personal growth, performance, real food nutrition, fitness, mindset, confidence…anything to help you get more out of your life…NOW. She keeps it simple, slightly cheeky and always on point. Start where YOU are. Learn more at www.onairwithella.com. Ella makes it simple, fun and totally achievable.
Ella works with individuals, groups, and select businesses to help them determine what – specifically – success looks like for them and how they’re going to get there.
She is the host of the On Air with Ella show. I talk to experts in mindset and personal development, wellness, nutrition and health who can help us move toward BETTER in our own lives.
She is a motivational & educational speaker, and loves to inspire, and show people how they can take one step further to ACTION!
Her professional background is in business, entrepreneurship, and owning and running different companies over the past 17 years. She loves creating value for herself and others.
Resources Mentioned From Ella & Josh
- Ella's Website
- Social Channels
- Impostor Syndrome Overview
- Byron Katie
- Byron Katie's 4 Questions
- Gretchen Rubin
- Bonnie Kelly
- Bonnie Kelly – Episode 87 on WFR
- Sean Croxton
- Tony Robbins
- Bob Proctor
- Forbes Article on Impostor Syndrome
- Sam Adams Founder's Story
- “The Anatomy of a Calling” by Lissa Rankin
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Aloha! Josh here. Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how these episodes can allow you to break bad habits)
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Impostor Syndrome? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.