Guest Audio & Video Checklist
6 Important Steps | Video Podcast Guests
1. *You will need a USB microphone.
- *For best Quality, we recommend the Shure MV7 USB + Tripod 👈
- Any USB computer microphone will likely give better sound than your computer’s built-in mic.
- *Here are (2) easy and cheaper options: Logitech Headset or the Blue Yeti Nano Premium.
2. *You will need an HD Camera on your computer or laptop.
- We recommend: BRIO 4K👈
- Here are the Logitech Models we recommend on Amazon.
- Please use a high quality HD or 4K camera for the interview.
3. *You will need a STRONG WiFi connection. *Ethernet is preferred for the Skype interview.
- Please close all apps and connections to WiFi during the interview.
- A strong internet connection via Ethernet cable is recommended if possible, and will ensure a clean, clear, and intimate audio episode free of gaps and cut-outs.
4. You will need a quiet space where you won’t be interrupted.
- Background noise from planes, humming refrigerators, air conditioners, and attention-hungry children (or employees) are all the enemy of good audio.
- Avoid rooms that are echo-y or have lots of hard, flat surfaces.
- The optimal environment would be a small room with carpets, heavy curtains, and other soft surfaces that deaden reflected sound.
5. You will need to use ear earphones (or your Logitech headset) during your interview.
- That way Josh’s voice will go straight into your ears and won’t be picked up by your microphone, avoiding a “feedback loop.”
6. *You get to look your BEST!
- This is a video podcast and we want our audience to see you in your best light.
- This includes whatever clothing, lighting, and background items best represent your brand and voice. **Please be mindful of this for the video.**
**iTunes and facebook report over 75% of listeners will opt-out of all future episodes that contain poor audio and video quality.
Questions? Email lauren (at) wellness force (dot) com