Peter Crone: Bridging Physical Vitality & Mental Peace
“If you're feeling a certain way, you're going to know to a certain degree what state you're in. If you're feeling sad, apathetic, resigned, or depressed, these are all indicators that you're in some form of resistance. Realizing that is actually a gift because how else are you going to know what your relationship is with reality? Conversely, if you're feeling joy, freedom, or a sense of peace or love in your relationship, these are references to the soul or true essence of who you are. That is your guiding force.” – Peter Crone
How can daily emotional hygiene practices help you stop the negative emotions, thoughts, and anxieties you might be hoarding in your mind?
In Wellness Force Radio episode 199, leader in human potential and performance, Founder of Be Alive, and Mind Coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Peter Crone, reveals his own practice for emotional hygiene, what the 6 Stages of Disease are, and why living with a ‘good vibes only' attitude all the time is impossible.
Discover how inner child work can help you to pause and reflect in order to create a better understanding of your suffering and heal the relationship with your ego.
Work with Peter Crone
Whether we realize it or not – we exist within mental constructs. Albeit invisible, they dictate our thoughts, feelings, actions, and consequently results. All psychological problems, suffering, and unfulfilled desires are the byproduct of these invisible mental constraints.
To create an extraordinary life, we have to both consciously reveal the current limiting frameworks of our perceived reality as well as create new contexts for an expanded existence. In order to realize our potential, it’s necessary to step outside of the world as we know it, which naturally brings with the new possibilities of an entirely new experience of oneself and life. Peter’s work breaks through these constraints and takes a mindset of surviving to one of thriving.
Peter has worked with corporations, individuals, and athletes by offering them assistance as a Mind Coach in:
- 1-on-1 Coaching
- Intimate Conversations
- Digital Programs
- Corporate Speaking & Workshops
Listen To Episode 199 As Peter Crone Uncovers:
- How he helps top performers be able to heal and trust others.
- His inspiration to ask others, “Is that true? Is the thought that you're thinking actually true?”
- How you can embrace your humanity and the capabilities you were born with.
- The currency of attention and how he decides what he needs to focus on.
- Issues with social media and ‘liking' something and getting attention from others.
- How his parents' deaths lead him to isolation and dealing with the experience of physical separation.
- His own practice for emotional hygiene each day and his advice for others.
- Why yoga isn't about the physical aspect but rather the focus of self-realization.
- The 6 stages of disease and how he avoids it through emotional hygiene.
- How humans can be hoarders in their minds and what you can do to end it.
- Mental hoarding tendencies in professional players and how he helps them to deal with it.
- His experience working with the professional Arizona Diamondbacks baseball team.
- The relationship that he has with his own ego and his observations of professional athletes dealing with their egos.
- Inner child work practices that you can use in order to pause, reflect, and see the reality of your suffering.
- Why we suffer when we don't want things that are the way they are.
- How the everyday athlete can use emotional hygiene tools to improve their performance and life.
- Why living by only happiness or ‘good vibes only' is impossible unless we do the actual inner work and we can choose our emotional state.
- What he's most excited about with working with professional baseball players.
- How he defines ‘happiness' and why he prefers the word, ‘joy.'
- His views on social media and why he isn't involved in it yet.
Power Quotes From The Show
“In terms of helping, I allow people to embrace their humanity. So, regardless of their abilities or talents, I help them to bridge the gap between this man-made, fabricated image that supersedes any human capacity and their humanity. Many people become so blown up by their ego that their downfall is them trying to sustain it which is just impossible.” – Peter Crone
“If you look at social media and the actual mechanism of ‘liking' something, it's really saying, ‘like me.' Talk about attention seeking! To me, that is a facet and an extension of the egoic part of a human being which by design is not liked, is not loved, and is not enough. So, here is this external validation which will never ever actually overcome the belief that ‘I'm not that.' This is the catch; this is the addiction that we can never get enough of something that almost works. It doesn't matter if you have a million likes; you want to get 1.5 million likes because you're being driven by something that is inherently not something.” – Peter Crone
“The ego doesn't want to be healed; it wants to be held. By its design, the ego is an entity that we human beings have and its foundation is inadequacy, scarcity, and insecurity. These are just the qualities of the ego and if we can accept that, then we can be the bigger being and be aware of its presence in order to hold space for it. The ego is just like a child that needs to be held and hugged when it becomes upset. When the human adult has their woes and their sadness, they tend to judge and resist. That's where a lot of the suffering comes from.” – Peter Crone
“Suffering is resistance and resistance is suffering. When we don't want things that are the way they are, we're going to suffer. I have this intimate relationship with reality; I allow things to be what they are and simultaneously I consider myself the master of my own destiny. Not in an egotistical control way, but I am doing the best I can to generate, create, and design the life that I choose. It doesn't always work out but there's harmony in that.” – Peter Crone
“Even though it looked like my friend was experiencing sadness when she found out that her grandfather had passed away, to me, it was a reflection of love. That to me is freedom versus happiness on a positive scale. There's something beautiful about grief or missing somebody you love. That to me is the full gambit of human experience and that's joy. I'm not resisting any of my feelings; I'm allowing allow of my feelings to be shared.” – Peter Crone
From Surviving to Thriving
Links From Today's Show
- Peter Crone
- Be Alive
- Workshops and Speaking Topics with Peter Crone
- Banyan Botanicals
- Byron Katie
- Heal Documentary Official Trailer
- Peter Crone on Living an Inspired Life
- ‘Chief Inspirer' Peter Crone works his magic on Jacobson, Howell
- MLB Interview: JD Martinez and Mind Coach Peter Crone
- Mental approach raises Goldschmidt's game
- Paul Goldschmidt Doesn't Care If You Don't Know Who He Is
- Guinea Pig of Love: The Mind Architect Experiment
- Master Golf's Mental Game
About Peter Crone
Peter Crone is a thought leader in human potential and performance as well as the founder of Be Alive. He devotes his life to sharing insights and strategies to live an inspired life and thrive by awakening new levels of awareness. Peter helps redesign the subconscious mind that drives human behavior, performance, and ultimately all results. He has worked with entertainers, more than 200 professional athletes across multiple sports, as well as leaders of global organizations. Peter’s commitment is to sharing his pioneering perspective that inspires the realization of a new way of living… to go from a life of surviving to one of thriving.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.