LIVE At Spartan Worlds Lake Tahoe 2017 – Mind Pump
“So much money and engineering have gone into our food that companies learned to hijack the body's natural systems of satiety.” – Sal Di Stefano
This episode is for everyone who enjoys hearing the raw truth about fitness and nutrition.
Live from Lake Tahoe at the 2017 Spartan World Championships, we're joined by Adam Schafer and Sal Di Stefano from Mind Pump Media for a fun and informative chat around improving our physical and emotional health. The guys share their extensive knowledge on fitness and nutrition while showing us how to avoid the onslaught of misleading information in the wellness industry.
Tune in for this special in-person interview on Wellness + Wisdom, as Adam, Sal, and Josh discuss the tools and strategies that move us closer to a life of passion, purpose, and better health.
Resources Mentioned From The Episode
- Mind Pump:
- Mind Pump's Training Porgrams
- 24-hour Fitness
- The Duality of Wellness & Technology – Mind Pump
- Tony Robbins
- Four Tendencies Quiz – Gretchen Rubin
- Ep 532 Dom D'Agostino – Mind Pump Media
- Dom D'Agostino on Fasting, Ketosis, and the End of Cancer – Tim Ferriss
- Spartan Race Inc. Obstacle Course Races
- 23andMe: DNA Genetic Testing & Analysis
- Fitbit Official Site for Activity Trackers
- FatSecret – Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker
- Thrive Market
- C.H.E.K. Institute
- Paul Chek's Blog
- “What the Health” Film
Check Out Mind Pump's MAPS Fitness Programs
Listen As Adam And Sal Uncover:
- Experiences in childhood that forged the guys into who they are today
- The journey and formation of Mind Pump Media
- Top reasons we struggle with consistency when it comes to our health and wellness
- Strategies to help us tune into the nutritional signals from our body
- How we can transform our insecurities into motivation
- Adam and Sal's path into the world of health and wellness
- The struggles in life that help us develop strength and success
- The shockingly low % of resources that food companies put into actual nutrition
- Why our deep seeded issues become part of who we are
- Having challenging circumstances forge our strength instead of crush our spirit
- Increasing performance by identifying our personality type and how we respond to expectations
- How the Mind Pump team collaborates effectively as 3 alpha males without butting heads
- Top myths in the wellness space that are damaging our health
- How to figure out if a ketogenic diet is right for you
- The problems with falling into a dietary dogma
- How to find the proper macro-nutrient breakdown for our individual bodies
- Understanding how to properly use exogenous ketones
- How Adam fueled his health transformation
- The importance of tracking our diet and exercise
- The problem with novelty programming in the fitness industry
Power Quotes From The Show
“Our individual needs for nutrition vary greatly from person to person.” – Sal Di Stefano
“Think of tracking and monitoring your health like it's school; you just have to do it.” – Adam Schafer
“Most of our appetite is driven from an emotional state rather than true hunger signals.” – Sal Di Stefano
“Novelty is the disease of the fitness space.” – Josh Trent
“So much money and engineering have gone into our food that companies learned to hijack the bodies natural systems of satiety.” – Sal Di Stefano
“While building our life and business, our emotional health can't be lost along the way .” – Josh Trent
“Tracking helped me create an almost effortless wellness routine.” – Adam Schafer
Wellness Force + Mind Pump Interview LIVE In Studio
The Mind Pump Podcast
MindPump exposes the RAW TRUTH about health, fitness, nutrition and more… Hosts Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer & Justin Andrews pull back the curtain on the mythology, snake oil, and pseudo-science that pervades the fitness industry and present science-backed solutions that result in increased muscular development and performance while simultaneously emphasizing health. No fitness institution or fitness “truth” is safe from their quick wit and over 40 years of combined experience in the fitness industry. Produced by Doug Egge. Find Mind Pump and the Mind Pump hosts on Instagram @mindpumpsal, @mindpumpadam, @mindpumpjustin.
About Sal Di Stefano
Sal was 14 years old when he touched his first weight and from that moment he was hooked. Growing up asthmatic, frequently sick and painfully skinny, Sal saw weightlifting as a way to change his body and his self-image. In the beginning, Sal’s body responded quickly to his training but then his gains slowed and then stopped altogether. Not one to give up easily, he began reading every muscle building publication he could get his hands on to find ways to bust through his plateau.
He read Arnold’s Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding, Mentzer’s Heavy Duty, Kubrick’s Dinosaur Training, and every muscle magazine he could find; Weider’s Muscle and Fitness, Flex, Iron Man and even Muscle Media 2000. Each time he read about a new technique or methodology he would test it out in the gym. At age 18 his passion for the art and science of resistance training was so consuming that he decided to make it his profession and become a personal trainer.
By 19 he was managing health clubs and by 22 he owned his own gym. After 17 years as a personal trainer he has dedicated himself to bringing science and TRUTH to the fitness industry. Check out Sal's Instagram page HERE.
About Adam Schafer
Adam Schafer is a IFBB men's physique Pro and fitness expert. Adam made his entrance into the fitness world 14 years ago and has continued to send shock waves throughout the community ever since. He is a man of many talents who wears many hats.
He is first and foremost a certified fitness expert who has an insatiable desire to help people in need of major lifestyle changes and daily accountable motivation. He is also incredibly driven entrepreneur and business minded individual with a vision that continually challenges his colleagues and peers to think bigger and achieve more.
Check out Adam's Instagram page HERE.
About Mind Pump Media
What exactly IS MindPump? MindPump is an online radio show/podcast that has been described as Howard Stern meets fitness. It is sometimes raw, sometimes shocking and is always entertaining and informative. Your hosts, Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer and Justin Andrews have over 40 years of combined fitness experience as personal trainers, club managers, IFBB fitness competitors, and fitness thought leaders.
The fitness world is filled with charlatans and snake oil salesmen pushing the latest and greatest (and sometimes downright dangerous) workout programs, supplements and faux science on the unsuspecting masses. Sal, Adam, and Justin use MindPump as a platform to shed the light of TRUTH on health, fitness and a host of other topics. By listening to each episode of MindPump, you will be able to absorb over 40 years worth of workout wisdom in record time so that you can cut through the BS and experience the absolute fastest way to reach your health and fitness goals.