Maybe It's You: Lauren Handel Zander
“Telling the whole truth and nothing but is the ultimate taking care of yourself. I can’t tell you how many clients of mine, once they clean up their lie list and resolve the big ones, cure themselves of their own depression.” – Lauren Handel Zander
How can you identify, articulate, and account for your own setbacks in order to find inner strength?
On Wellness + Wisdom episode 248, Speaker, Co-Founder of The Handel Group, and Author of Maybe It's You, Lauren Handel Zander, shares how our emotional states and different ways of being can be passed down to us by our ancestors, the big differences between therapy and life coaching, and how doing the inner work can help us better understand and release our own negative inner dialogue.
Listen and discover how you can take radical ownership of your career, relationships, and life.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Suffering comes from not believing in yourself. Any form of not believing in yourself takes away your right to say, do, ask, or be anything you want. Making yourself suffer like that is what's truly keeping you down. – @LaurenZander ” quote=”Suffering comes from not believing in yourself. Any form of not believing in yourself takes away your right to say, do, ask, or be anything you want. Making yourself suffer like that is what's truly keeping you down. – @LaurenZander “]
Inner.U is the digital coaching course from Lauren Zander and Handel Group: 14+ hours
of audio coaching, 50+ written assignments, community chat, and much more.
Learn to Human Better™
Get life-changing, on-the-go coaching for all areas of your life from Lauren Zander: life coach, university lecturer, public speaker, and Creator of The Handel Method®.
No fluffy affirmations here. You’ll write down your dream. You know — that dream. The one you think you’ll never have. The one you think you don’t deserve. Guess what? You’ll get it. Lauren will take you through straightforward exercises that will help get your life headed in the direction you’ve always wanted. Turns out, it starts by dealing head-on with your head!
The Inner.U Program will take you through 4 steps:
1. Get Your Dream On
2. Dig Deep
3. Head On In
4. The Beginning
MAYBE IT'S YOU
Maybe It's You picks up where You Are a Badass leaves off–it's a no-nonsense, practical manual to help readers figure out not just what they want out of life, but how to actually get there. Featuring a foreword from #1 New York Times bestselling author Mark Hyman.
In Maybe It's You, life coach Lauren Handel Zander walks readers through the innovative step-by-step process that has transformed the lives of tens of thousands of her clients, and explains how anyone can achieve amazing things when we stop lying and finally start keeping the promises we make to ourselves. Whether readers want to find love, succeed at work, fix a fractured relationship, or lose weight, Zander's method will offer a roadmap to finally get there. Filled with practical exercises, inspiring client stories, and Lauren's own hard-won lessons, this book enables readers to identify, articulate, and account for their own setbacks so they can transform them into strengths.
TEDxAmsterdamWomen 2011 – Lauren Zander
Listen To Episode 248 As Lauren Handel Zander Uncovers:
- What her spiritual contract is and why she has one with the people she works with and helps.
- How she helps people work through their inner dialogues and negative thoughts.
- Why she chooses to help people improve the relationship they have with themselves.
- How the work of Neville Goddard has influenced her career.
- Josh's favorite chapter in her book, Maybe It's You, “The Truth About Lying”.
- How she met Dr. Mark Hyman, what their relationship is like, how she's helped him grow into the person that he is today.
- A revelation she had about her relationship with her father.
- How she did the inner work to be rid of her own self-dialogue and false beliefs.
- Why the mind logs emotional distress, failures, and hurt so deep that it's hard for us to overcome it.
- Why we operate from a place of fear and end up lying to protect ourselves and other people.
- The different genetics we've inherited and how history repeats itself within us and future generations.
- Lessons she has experienced repeating in her own life including betrayal in friendships.
- What guides her and her clients to make the self-improvement process a sense of joy.
- Why we're becoming more and more transparent as a society each year.
- How career and money can get in the way of our inner peace and who we really are inside.
- The process for understanding what you truly believe in and why it's okay to take different parts and pieces from religion and philosophy to create your own beliefs.
- What we can do to reboot ourselves and really embody the lessons that we have learned.
- How we can fall in love with the lineage we've inherited from our families.
- The benefits of journaling and writing down your dreams in the present tense to make a big impact on your life.
- Why life's coincidences are like magic and why we're not having more conversations about this.
Power Quotes From The Show
[click_to_tweet tweet=”The most beautiful thing you can do is understand where you come from and be in love with it. What are you going to do to fulfill your life and honor your family traits by being the one individual who rocks it? – @LaurenZander ” quote=”The most beautiful thing you can do is understand where you come from and be in love with it. What are you going to do to fulfill your life and honor your family traits by being the one individual who rocks it? – @LaurenZander “]
“You're stuck with yourself for the rest of your life. That inner dialogue of yours is your relationship to yourself. Do you like yourself when you look in the mirror? What are you saying to yourself? What do you think of other people? Where you are with yourself is basically the most important relationship you're having that then extends to all the other areas in your life.” – Lauren Handel Zander
“We naturally operate out of fear and we're afraid of people leaving us if we say or do the wrong thing. So, we lie to protect other people but really we're not checking in with ourselves about why our relationships with other people are the way that they are. Fear is the protection mechanism that's ruling us; not love.” – Lauren Handel Zander
“Most people, in their heart of hearts, know who they are but then they're corrupted by the family history that has been carried on through them. By stripping away all of the views and issues that have been passed onto you, you can have your own dream of what you want to fulfill on this planet.” – Lauren Handel Zander
Got a Double Agent?
Links From Today's Show
- Lauren Handel Zander
- Handel Group
- Maybe It's You by Lauren Handel Zander
- Inner.U Coach
- The Handel Group Current Reality Quiz
- Complimentary 30-minute consultation with Handel Group
- A Little Magic Goes a Long Way
- Want a Radical Miracle in Your Life?
- Does Your Mind Need a Muffler?
- Dr. Mark Hyman
- Neville Goddard
- Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss
- Pema Chödrön
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Elena Brower
- Emily Fletcher
- Dr. Wayne Dyer
- WFR 132 Christine Hassler
- WFR 235 Drew Canole
About Lauren Handel Zander
is the co-founder and chairwoman of Handel Group, an international corporate consulting and life coaching company. Her coaching methodology, The Handel Method®, is taught at over 35 universities and institutes of learning around the world, including at MIT, Stanford Graduate School of Business, NYU, and the New York City public school system. Lauren is also the author of Maybe It’s You: Cut the Crap, Face Your Fears, Love Your Life (published by Hachette Book Group, April 2017), a no-nonsense, practical manual that helps readers figure out not just what they want out of life but how to actually get there. She has spent over 20 years coaching thousands of private and corporate clients, including executives at Vogue, BASF, and AOL. Lauren has been a featured expert in the New York Times, BBC, Forbes, Women’s Health, Dr. Oz, and Marie Claire, and she is a regular contributor to Business Week and the Huffington Post. Schedule a consultation to learn more about coaching.