Mary Shores | Conscious Communications: Harnessing The Power of Your Word
“Words are a mirror to our subconscious. So, when you hear me say, ‘I want to write a book,' you can see that written on my soul like it's my purpose. However, I have a big problem when the next words that come out of my mouth are, “but I'm not a writer,” because those words are also a mirror to my subconscious. Those negative words are revealing that somewhere and somehow, I have a belief that does not support me ever reaching that goal of becoming a writer. To change that belief, I need to invest in myself.” – Mary Shores
How can you stop your negative thought patterns in order to rewrite your story and live life to its fullest?
On Wellness + Wisdom episode 191, thought leader, motivational speaker, and author of Conscious Communications, Mary Shores, shares why your words and thoughts hold so much significance in your overall wellbeing. As you listen, you will be equipped with the tools and strategies to uncover your subconscious thoughts, rebuild your neural network, and plant new seeds of beliefs about yourself.
Get your own copy of Conscious Communications by Mary Shores
Whether we realize it or not, the words we use dictate and control our lives. The persistent messages we repeat can frame our thoughts and trap us into a mindset that is difficult to break. This mindset often manifests itself with statements like “I can’t,” “I’m not good enough,” and “I’ll never find the [insert the blank] I want.” Many times, we don’t stop to consider the profound impact that these negative, limiting words have on our mentality, life choices, and the path of possibility that we manifest.
After gathering years of research and personal experience with how words affect individuals mentally and emotionally, business owner and communications specialist Mary Shores realized that there is a life-changing theme persistent throughout ancient traditions and spiritual foundations that are supported by scientific professionals. They all agree on one recurring truth: Words have the power to create and transform.
Mary took her discoveries and created easy-to-follow, step-by-step practices that can transform each area of your life. Based on two decades of research, Mary teaches how you can create new neural pathways simply by changing your words. You can align your words, thoughts, and actions to produce the results you want. Conscious Communications can show you how!
Conscious Communications is your guide to creating a life in alignment with your dreams and desires. With thoroughly tested exercises, research, advice, and personal stories, you will begin to experience the tremendous impact of words and how to utilize the right ones to unleash and unlock the power to create a new reality.
Listen To Episode 191 As Mary Shores Uncovers:
- The power of language and the words that you use – how they can hold so much significance in your body and mind.
- Why what you say can reveal a lot about your subconscious thoughts.
- How you can get out of your negative thinking and actually take action to accomplish what you want to do with your life.
- What drove her to study the Hebrew language and what she has learned about the power of words from her studies.
- How you can build a new neural network by planting new seeds of beliefs in your mind.
- The effect that this modern world has on us by bombarding us with loads of stress and causing us to be more unhappy than ever.
- How complaining out loud actually keeps you stuck in a negative mind frame compared to if you spoke positive thoughts.
- The healthy boundary between getting rid of negative thoughts and spiritual bypassing.
- What she disagrees with when it comes to positive psychology vs. personal growth development.
- How overcoming difficult obstacles in life allows you to receive the gifts of resilience, integrity, and character building.
- Tragic events that happened in her life and how she was able to overcome them.
- Whether or not events are neutral and if it's up to you to decide how they impact your life.
- What drove her to the success that she has today and whether that was from her pain or her love.
- How her negative energy was directly affecting her colleagues and how she was able to end that disconnection to build better relationships with them.
- The conversation she had with Chazz Palminteri of A Bronx Tale.
- How she uses the Cleanse or Clog strategy to help her focus on better nutrition, mindset, and behavior.
- What steps you can take to get back into Alignment with who you are and what you want.
- The Core Four – How to achieve the outcome you want by focusing on the four areas of life that need your full attention.
- How she's helping to change the debt collecting industry all over the USA.
Power Quotes From The Show
“I have always believed that science and spirituality are talking about the same thing, but they're using two different languages. People don't need another Law of Attraction book. With my book, I wanted to teach people how they can take control of their own lives because the reality is that everything we say or do and every action we take or choice we make in the thinnest sliced moment of life is actually building our life like a set of Legos. The tiniest choices really make the biggest difference in our lives. Once you understand that, it's not even about the Law of Attraction anymore.” – Mary Shores
“When you plant a new seed in your mind, you can feed that seed to help it grow into new neural networks that will replace the old ones. Somehow we've been led to believe that when we create a new network, it takes years of psychotherapy and you have to rewrite old beliefs. What I've found to be true is that all I have to do is just stop feeding those old beliefs and plant the seeds of new beliefs, water them, and let them grow.” – Mary Shores
“We have to understand that the stories that we tell ourselves about ourselves become our identity. So, if we're constantly feeding the tragic stories of our lives, I don't know how that's going to serve us other than to strengthen that neural network in our mind that keeps us turning into a victim versus understanding that the most beautiful part in each of our stories is how we moved on.” – Mary Shores
“I've learned this ability to turn tragedy into triumph. I don't allow myself to feel defeated by my circumstances and I don't stay in that mindset for very long. When I evaluate a personal tragedy, I ask myself, ‘How has this benefited me? How has this strengthened me? What do I have in my life that I wouldn't have had I not gone through that experience?' ” – Mary Shores
“If 80% of the time you are making cleansing, connecting choices, I guarantee you that within about 45 days, you're going to start shaping a different life around you. You will start to become more aware of everything that's swirling around you like opportunities that may have been there the whole time. You didn't notice them before, but now you feel ready to take action because you're setting this foundation of always moving towards what you desire.” – Mary Shores
Links From Today's Show
- Mary Shores
- Conscious Communications by Mary Shores
- Free Conscious Communications Guidebook
- Priming Our Brains to Evolve with Mary Shores
- The Key to Turning Off Your Autopilot by Mary Shores
- Fearless Ambition Facebook Group
- Mike Dooley
- Abraham – Hicks Law of Attraction
- The Secret
- A Bronx Tale with Chazz Palminteri
- Heartline | The Monroe Institute
- Tony Robbins
- WFR 179 Josh Tickell
About Mary Shores
Mary Shores is the author of Conscious Communications: A Step-by-Step Guide to Harnessing the Power of Your Words to Change Your Mind, Your Choices, and Your Life. Recognized as a leader of innovative thought, she has spent over a decade teaching businesses and individuals how to identify their goals, create new ways of thinking, and take action to create meaningful results. Mary travels across the nation giving lectures and teaching courses and has been featured on local and national radio and television shows, podcasts, and blogs.