Making Fit & Healthy Simple Again: Yuri Elkaim
“It's easier to start the day healthy than to finish the day healthy. So, whatever you can do to front-load your day whether it be a workout, your green juice, or meditation, get as much done early in the day as possible. Allow yourself to be human and understand that it's going to be much harder to do any of that later in the day if you wait long enough.” – Yuri Elkaim
How can you make being healthy as easy and simple as possible? What steps can you take to set yourself up for success from the very moment you wake up?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 232, Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Author of The All-Day Energy Diet, Host of the Healthpreneur Podcast, and Founder of Healthpreneur, Yuri Elkaim, reveals how you can plan and front-load your day for health success, how to set up your environment to avoid daily decision fatigue, and why self-awareness is the first step towards moving in the right direction of changing and creating healthy habits.
Find out how you can easily begin living a healthier lifestyle today through self-awareness, planning, and regular movement.
Healthpreneur™ LIVE provides an intimate “invite-only” environment for 150 visionary health, fitness, and wellness entrepreneurs to truly connect – at a deep level – with one another, learn from industry leaders, and implement breakthrough strategies to help serve more people, make more money, and enjoy more freedom.
This special event takes place once per year at a 5-star paradise resort that reflects our attention to detail, intimacy, and quality.
Our first event, in September 2017, gathered an extraordinary community of changemakers and visionary health and fitness entrepreneurs who are driven by epic ideas to impact the world, while creating a business and life they love.
Our 100+ attendees were so blown away by the experience that the average rating was 9.87 (out of 10) and the net promoter score (ie. how willing are you to recommend this event to a friend?) was 96 (out of 100).
Nearly everyone said it was the BEST EVENT they’d ever been to.
At Healthpreneur™ LIVE you will receive powerful training, deep connections, unique experiences, and mindset shifts that will multiply your impact, income, and freedom so that you can play an even bigger game while enjoying the ride.
Healthpreneur LIVE 2017 | The Aftermovie
Listen To Episode 232 As Yuri Elkaim Uncovers:
- About his condition, Alopecia, and how that's impacted his view on health and wellness.
- His faith in himself and that the universe or a higher power is protecting and guiding him.
- Why and how he chooses to live in a positive state of mind when things go wrong rather than feel bad and pity himself.
- The moment he decided to stop covering up his hair loss and come out about it on YouTube and share what he was going through.
- His self-identity crisis of separating himself from his young pro-soccer player from his healthpreneur and business owner version.
- How your self-identity is truly created and in alignment when your personality, beliefs, and how you see yourself.
- Why changing how we look on the outside will automatically affect how we feel on the inside.
- How self-image is tied very closely to our personal standards.
- The fact that we're able to change the negative voice inside our head at any given moment we choose and how we can do exactly that.
- The truth and power in of believing that you are here for a reason.
- How your food cravings aren't actually physiological hunger cravings but psychological cravings caused by boredom, anxiety, or feelings of being out of control.
- Why self-awareness is the first step towards moving in the right direction of changing and creating healthy habits.
- How he sets his environment up to help him avoid daily decision fatigue.
- Why we as humans might not like having to make so many decisions on a regular basis and how structure = freedom.
- The key to front-loading your day – The benefits of tackling all your favorite health activities early in the morning – exercise, meditation, or drinking your green juice.
- How health coaches begin the conversation about decision fatigue and overwhelm with clients.
- Why he believes it's so important to be authentic and truly you on social media in order to attract the right clients for you.
- His steps on how to truly speak your truth with to your audience on followers online.
Power Quotes From The Show
“When you give yourself a certain identity, you kind of box yourself into a stereotype to some degree. So, a lot of people with weight issues can't really identify or visualize themselves as a lean, thin, energetic person. The problem with that is if you can't even see that for yourself as a possibility, then you're not going to act in accordance with that. Our brain is never going to act or our body will never behave in discord with how we see ourselves. So, how we behave and our beliefs; all of this has to be congruent with how we see ourselves showing up in the world which is essentially our self-identity.” – Yuri Elkaim
“It's important for all of us to realize that we're here for a reason. I don't think we'd be here if there wasn't a reason. So tell yourself, ‘I believe I'm here for a reason. Perhaps I'm not too sure what that is but I'm here which means that I'm here for a reason and I'm going to figure it out.' That is part of the spiritual journey of understanding yourself and achieving self-actualization.” – Yuri Elkaim
“Structure equals freedom. When we look at our lives and how we live our days, I really believe that a lot of people have to structure their day. How does structure give us more freedom? When you plan ahead, you don't have to think in the moment. When you think ahead of time, that alleviates the need to make those daily decisions. Meal planning works because the worst question you can ask yourself in the moment, especially with a family, is, ‘What's for dinner?' If you ask that question when it's time for dinner, you've already lost the battle.” – Yuri Elkaim
The Call Of A Healthpreneur
Links From Today's Show
- Yuri Elkaim
- Healthpreneur Podcast
- From Soccer to Bed to No Hair On My Head (My Unusual Journey)
- The All-Day Energy Diet by Yuri Elkaim
- The All-Day Fat Burning Diet by Yuri Elkaim
- How to Beat Cancer: The Top 15 Cancer-Fighting Foods
- Yuri Elkaim: Raw Food Dieting, Where Vegans Go Wrong, and What Canadians Think of Canola
- Yuri Elkaim Quick Facts
- The Hero's Journey by Joseph Campbell
- Dr. Maxwell Maltz and Psycho-Cybernetics
- Tony Robbins
- WFR Free Guide: The Morning 21
- WFR 046 Dr. John Gray
About Yuri Elkaim
Yuri Elkaim is a bit of an outlier and renegade in the nutrition and health community. His mission is to empower everyday men and women with proper nutrition and health wisdom so they can take better control of their own health.
Some refer to him as the “health whisperer” for being to get to the heart of what matters and produce amazing health, weight loss, and fitness results where there seemed little hope.
He's a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and fitness expert most famous for skyrocketing his clients' energy almost overnight and helping them achieve athlete-like fitness…without gimmicks, following radical weight loss diets, or killing themselves in the gym. He's on a mission to transform the lives of more than 10 million people by 2018.
He also holds a High Honours degree in Physical Education and Health/Kinesiology from the University of Toronto, is a former professional soccer player, and for 7 seasons acted as the strength & conditioning/nutrition coach for the nationally ranked men's soccer program at the University of Toronto.
Most recently, he's the author of “The All-Day Energy Diet”, published by Hay House.
He is also the professor of Super Nutrition Academy, the author of Eating for Energy and the Total Wellness Cleanse, and the creator of more than 130 workout programs, including Fitter U, Fitter U Fitness, Amazing Abs Solution, and Treadmill Trainer.
Yuri and his programs been featured across the nation's media including the Huffington Post, AskMen.com, US News & World Report, Breakfast Television, Perfect Fit, A-Channel Morning, CTV news, e-Talk Daily, Global News.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.