On boxing day in 2013, Caitlin broke her back in an accident and burst the first vertebrae of her lower spine.
In the few weeks, while she was in a full back brace, she grew nauseous from the medication, frustrated from the pain, and began to realize that she'd have to pull from deep inside herself to face the challenges of what would come next.
Support Wellness + Wisdom: SUBSCRIBE in iTunes | RATE & REVIEW in iTunes
Not getting the advice and healing strategies she needed from traditional medicine, she decided to rely on her emotional strength and ultimately had to make a powerful choice: Either be a victim or a victor of her circumstance.
Life After Injury
Thanks to the fracture type and her knowledge of the benefits of holistic medicine, she made a full recovery through dedication, hard work, and most importantly, the right mindset.
She reflected on all the patients she’d treated who had told her they felt alone, frustrated with their medication and had no idea how to start their road to recovery and wellness. She knew first-hand what it’s like to experience a road-block in your life, whether it be an injury, work stress, or lack of motivation.
Caitlin started Pilates one week later, and was at the gym every third day; also participating in a fun meditation and mindfulness class to help her overcome the frustration of having an injury (and wearing a very hot brace in the Australian summer!)
The Power To Change
Even though she was frustrated with her injury, she also felt so incredibly lucky: Not only because she was certain she would make a full recovery, but thanks to her professional knowledge, she knew exactly what it would take to get back to her active life.
Her story on Wellness + Wisdom is that of overcoming the inner and outer challenges of this devastating injury, and the road to creating mobility, energy, and being able to thrive again in her profession and in her life.
Thanks to Caitlin's both professional experience working with clients around the world, plus her own personal experience of this serious injury, she now helps clients globally with a realistic, balanced and motivational approach towards health and wellbeing.
Listen As Caitlin Uncovers:
- How to heal from the inside out
- The mindset of overcoming injury
- Strategies for injury recovery
- What things really hold people back from getting better
Discover More About Caitlin Reid
Caitlin Reid’s Experience:
- 10 years practicing Physiotherapy in Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness & Personal Training.
- 15 years in Pilates experience
- Holistic Wellness Coach for Spa Wellness Australia
- Massage Therapy and personal training experience in Japan and Thailand
- Global health experience in Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Co-founder of The Queenstown Concussion Clinic
- Retreat Creator – Queenstown Wellness Retreats
- Founder & Director of Aprivé Wellness