Hemp Oil & Healing: Ret Taylor & Adriaan Zimmerman, Founders of Ned
“Ned is really for those who are looking to improve and it can be for anyone. We want to be there as a first line of defense for people before they have to resort to doctors and pharmaceuticals. I will never knock Western medicine because there's always a time for it. However, that doesn't mean that if I have a panic attack that I should all of a sudden be put on a Xanax prescription that I can't get off for the next ten years.” – Adriaan Zimmerman
Despite the common misconception, hemp does not get you high. Truthfully, it has been used naturally for thousands of years to support the health and wellness of our minds and bodies.
In Wellness Force Radio episode 233, Entrepreneurs, Natural Remedy Seekers, and Co-Founders of Ned & Co, Ret Taylor and Adriaan Zimmerman, explain the differences between full spectrum hemp oil and marijuana; share other alternatives, natural forms of medicine including forest bathing; and explain how hemp oil can be used to help decrease anxiety, stress, or emotional distress along with other resources and lifestyle changes.
Listen and find out how hemp oil helps regulate homeostasis in nearly every biological system in your body, helping bring balance to body and mind.
Shop Ned & Co. and get 10% off! Use code: wellnessforce
“Everything in life is vibration.” – Albert Einstein
- Positive Vibes: Farmer Curt sees to it that each of our beautiful, organic hemp plants receives the best of everything, including a lifetime of the sun, mountain water, and great tunes.
- Love and Gratitude: Once extracted, the words “love” and “gratitude” are energetically infused into the hemp oil according to the findings of Dr. Masaru Emoto in his NY Times Best Seller, “The Hidden Messages in Water.”
- Binaural Beats: Our products are attuned to the frequencies of 3.5 Hz and 7.83 Hz are then played to the contents of each bottle to promote balance and grounding. Binaural beats are the result of two different auditory impulses heard from opposite ears. The Delta 3.5hz frequency is associated with remedying depression and anxiety while promoting DNA repair. 7.83hz is the powerful healing frequency of earth’s magnetic field (Schumann’s Resonance), which promotes focus, balance, and calm.
By the time our products reach you, we’ve taken every possible step to ensure you’re receiving the very best of everything, including the right energy and vibrations.
HelloNed.com Brand Story
Listen To Episode 233 As Ret Taylor & Adriaan Zimmerman Uncover:
- Common myths and misconceptions about hemp 0il.
- Our endocannabinoid system and how hemp oil can help regulate our biological systems.
- The story of how they met Farmer Curt who grows the organic hemp flowers that they produce into hemp oil.
- Why they felt unfilled with their lives in New York City and how Ned has helped them find a greater purpose and mission by connecting with nature.
- What Adriaan learned from his panic attack at work to a road trip on the West Coast to traveling all over the world as part of his spiritual journey.
- Ret's evolution story of how he left NYC to move to Saudi Arabia for work and realized he was missing the most important moments of his family's life.
- The moment Ret knew that his life purpose is to help people, organizations, and businesses reconnect with nature.
- How hemp oil is specifically used as a pain management tool to help target chronic pain, anxiety, and long-term conditions.
- The full process from seed to bottle: how their Ned hemp oil is created from the organic hemp flowers.
- How their products are energetically infused with love, gratitude and positive vibrations including binaural beats.
- The multi-use modes of using hemp to create bags, clothing and even flooring.
- The differences between full spectrum hemp oil and marijuana.
- Other alternatives, natural forms of medicine for healing both the mind and body such as Finnish saunas and the Japanese practice of forest bathing.
- How their hemp oil is created by solely pressing the hemp flowers compared to other brands' practice of industrial manufacturing.
- Why hemp is not just for “hippies” anymore but for anyone from athletes and professionals to CEOs.
- How hemp oil can be used to help decrease anxiety, stress, or emotional distress along with other resources and lifestyle changes.
- Why it's probable that we will see a massive increase and awareness and acceptance of natural forms of alternative medicine such as hemp oil within a year or so.
- Their suggested dosage and usage of hemp oil for different people based on their endocannabinoid system and what they need it for whether that's anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain, etc.
- How they use their own product to help heal inflamed muscles after working out and improve their sleeping patterns.
Power Quotes From The Show
“I started researching why I'm so drawn to nature and through that process, I realized my purpose. I'm here to help people, businesses, and organizations reconnect with nature. So, Ned is very much an extension of that for me.” – Ret Taylor
“I was living this life in New York City that I thought I wanted but I ended up just feeling empty. At the end of the day, there was no connection to nature. I'd grown up going to my grandparent's farm in Finland every summer and my family had these 4 acres that I enjoyed as a child but by the time I was 30, I had completely severed this relationship I had with the natural world. I had worked so hard to accomplish becoming this type of person and build this identity for myself but it essentially all just became a life raft for me and I started to question what I was really here for.” – Adriaan Zimmerman
“Whether it's insomnia, anxiety, pain, or cancer, many people who seek out hemp oil resources do so because they are stuck in a prison. Through nature, we're able to thrive and the deeper connection we have with nature, the more we're able to thrive. That's why we as a society are not thriving as much as we could. As soon as we go to the mountains and stand beneath the Redwoods, that's when the thriving begins to happen. That's what we're really trying to do with Ned; to take something from nature and to do it as ethically, simply, and naturally as possible, put it in a bottle, and let people know exactly where this hemp oil comes from.” – Ret Taylor
“We don't want to be just a hemp oil company. We are searching the world for the best, natural remedies and we plan to bring many of those back home under the Ned label. In five years time, we'd love for Ned to be that alternative to a pharmacy so you won't have to go sift through all sorts of literature and endless aisles at the drugstore. Instead, we'll just make it simpler for you with natural, whole products. That's our mission beyond hemp oil.” – Adriaan Zimmerman
“Plants will give you their medicine if you treat them with respect. If you take those plants and throw them in a thrasher and then extract them at a super high temperature with massive amounts of pressure, you will get some medicine out but you don't know how good that medicine is or what its molecular structure and profile looks like. We extract at room temperature and with no pressure; that's our way of respecting the plant at the end of its life and asking it to give us its medicine.” – Ret Taylor
Links From Today's Show
- Ned & Co.
- Ret Taylor
- Adriaan Zimmerman
- Meet Farmer Curt
- Ned's Energetic Infusions
- NED Walks
- A Purpose Greater Than Business by Ret Taylor
- Professional Pain Relief: Why Athletes are Ditching Pharmaceuticals for Cannabinoids
- American Hemp: Could this “weed” be what finally unites Americans across the aisle?
- Building your dream home could send you to the hemp dealer
- The Hidden Messages in Water by Dr. Masaru Emoto
- Schumann Resonances
- Bruce Lipton
- Mitch McConnell: Drug Warrior, CBD Champion?
- WFR 111 Evan Brand
- WFR 184 Scott Nelson
- WFR 226 Paul Chek
About Ned & Co.
Ned ™ was officially born one cold October morning on an alpine climbing expedition in the heart of Colorado’s Indian Peaks Wilderness.
After spending years in different industries chasing our previous ideas of “success” in some of the world’s busiest cities, we had come to the realization that there is something fundamentally broken about the way we, as a modern society, are approaching our health and well-being. Many of us are feeling the consequences of device addiction, stress, anxiety, and a multitude of other ailments that have come to rule our lives. We are too quick to turn to doctors and prescription drugs as a first line of defense.
We were reminded, in our own ways, that the best answers often lie in nature… in a walk through the forest; in the glow of a campfire; and in the plants, herbs, roots, fungi, and the very soil that our ancestors have used for millennia.
That is why we created Ned.
We knew that getting into the elements on that October morning would fuel the creative wave we were riding. The two of us set out in blizzard conditions and, sure enough, by the time we were thawing out over well-earned burritos, we had built our foundation.
Ned is a representation of our passion for feeling better and living better through simple means and a deep connection to the natural world. We truly believe we were put on this earth to share in the wonderment of nature and rediscover all of the healing power that it holds.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.