Healthy Boundaries & Masculine/Feminine Power: Maddy Moon
“Healthy boundaries are something that is very, very hard for many men and women. When the feminine can begin to honor her needs, everyone starts honoring their needs. A lot comes from the longing and yearning within the feminine. There's pleasure within the yearning and that's a catalyst for a lot of change. So, if women can learn how to protect their sacred space, I think we'll get a lot more done and honor ourselves so much more.” – Maddy Moon
How can you set up healthy boundaries in order to focus on yourself in either your feminine or masculine role?
In Wellness + Wisdom episode 208, Transformational Coach, Author of several books including Freeing Your Feminine Spirit, and Podcast Host of Mind Body Musings, Maddy Moon, uncovers why women are a reflection of the Divine's love as love light, how you can healthily express your frustrations without creating resentment in your relationships, and what it means to be in the feminine flow.
Learn how you can create your own pleasure practice to experience and enjoy all of your emotions from love and joy to anger and pain.
THE 4 PILLARS OF FEMININITY
- Is perfectionism ruining your life?
- Do you continuously attract the wrong kind of men in your life?
- Are you obsessed with doing more and staying busy?
- Do you beat yourself up when things don’t go according to plan or they’re out of your control?
- Has food or body image been an issue in your lifetime and time again?
*Click here to download:
Listen To Episode 208 As Maddy Moon Uncovers:
- Her childhood growing up with controlling parents in a conservative, Christian family and how that affected her for years from abuse to addiction to depression.
- How she was able to get in touch with her feminine self and who she is by doing the work to uncover her layers.
- The pressure and shame she experienced from her parents when she experienced her first kiss and how that affected other first kisses after that.
- Fear that some women have when it comes to female sexuality and being exploited by others.
- How her mother tried to imprint her views and values on intimacy on Maddy at thirteen.
- Breathwork and journaling processes that allowed her to work through her mixed thoughts and feelings on intimacy.
- The various goddess archetypes and how the feminine is glamorized but what's happening now to change that idea about women.
- The yoga of intimacy and how we can use our posture to be open to experiences.
- Why you shouldn't turn away but embody pleasure for your own sake.
- The love light that the feminine provides and the consciousness that the masculine provides to the world.
- Why women aren't open to sharing their feminity because they're shy, they want to be secretive or are afraid of being exploited.
- How men and women both need each other and what kind of role both have to play.
- The steps women can take to get out of their head and stop overthinking.
- What happens within our relationships when we're not willing to open up to each other.
- How the feminine communicates through physical emotions and how we can do it through love rather than hate and resentment.
- Healthy methods to improve communication including creating boundaries.
- Why we even set boundaries in the first place and why it's so important for self-preservation and not about other people.
- How to face confrontation even though it might seem scary at first.
- The practices she does for increased semantic awareness as far as naming and taming her emotions.
- The importance for women to spend time in their masculine as well and not become so angry with it, but acknowledge and use it.
Power Quotes From The Show
“I've done this work over the past couple of years when it comes to experiencing first kisses and breath is what helped me the most. Every time I experience that first kiss, I acknowledge that shiver that runs down my spine. That's number one – not to ignore it, not to push through it, not to pretend that it's not there and I think so many of us do that. We think that if we're able to get over this sexual shame, then we'll finally be able to enjoy sex and get back into our bodies and feminine flow, but that's not really what happens. We have to use these experiences as a portal. I can experience a delicious first kiss through feeling that shiver through breath; not by ignoring it or pressing it.” – Maddy Moon
“I am an expert at being and living in this body. Archetypes are just so many things that we already have within ourselves so anyone can get into their feminine flow. What it means to be in your feminine flow is to be in all different parts of ourselves and embody all of our emotions including anger and frustration.” – Maddy Moon
“Why do you hide your pleasure? In this world that's suffering from a lack of female enjoyment, why don't you bring your pleasure as a gift to the world? Pleasure is seen as love to the masculine; it is the same. It is the same. You can still find pleasure somewhere inside your body regardless of what else is happening in your life. It doesn't mean having to put any type or small morsel of pleasure on hold until you get through this fight that you're having with your partner. What if you use that fight to embody your anger and still find some ounce of pleasure in your body at the same time.” – Maddy Moon
“If you're really in you're feminine by being loving, open, and creative but also surrendering, you might be taking on this mother archetype of nurturing. If you don't have boundaries as this nurturer, you often end up giving your energy to everyone. The line is really blurry on when do you say ‘no,' because you're using your head a lot and worry about what others think of you if you don't help them. There's that primal need of being liked again; it's always there unless we're listening to it and understanding how it's getting in the way. It's not up to us who likes us. That's a sure fire way to waste our time here on Earth; to go around trying to control how people view us and if they like us.” – Maddy Moon
“Healthy boundaries aren't set to get you what you want. We set boundaries because that's a way we can step into our power and protect our sacred space. That's what allows us to say, ‘I'm not doing this; this is not okay for me.' Boundaries look different for every single person. Whether or not the other person listens is not up to you. If you're trying to set boundaries solely to get what you want, you're very likely going to end up frustrated because you can't control how people respond.” – Maddy Moon
Links From Today's Show
- Maddy Moon
- Mind Body Musings Podcast
- Mind Body Musings Podcast episode 199 Josh Trent
- John Wineland Intimacy Workshop
- 31 Experts Share Their Juiciest Ways to Harmonize Your Feminine and Masculine Energies
- 4 Ways To Create Vulnerability With Your Partner
- 8 Ways Perfectionism Is Keeping You From Enjoying Sex
- 5 Ways Embracing Feminity Has Transformed Me
- Events and Retreats with Maddy Moon
- Coaching with Maddy Moon
- The Perfection Myth by Madelyn Moon
- Freeing Your Feminine Spirit by Madelyn Moon
- Boundary Setting, Perfectionism & Money Confidence with Maddy Moon
- Michael Beckwith
- What is Ravishment?
- Shine as Love's Light by David Deida
- WFR 149 Johnny Blackburn
About Maddy Moon
Madelyn Moon is an author, podcast host, retreat leader, and transformational life coach. She is a guiding force for women who want to stop over-thinking their lives away and live with more trust, intuition, and flow.
Maddy Moon was driven by masculine energy for most of her life, which led her down a dangerous path. Always striving to do more, be more and accomplish more, she found herself disconnected from her body with multiple disordered eating patterns, a restlessness and a lack of confidence. Maddy healed her heart, spirit, body, and mind by stepping into her unique feminine power, giving up the need for control and learning to surrender to a higher power.
Maddy takes life by the reigns today by leading thousands of women across the world through their own transformational experiences via her podcast, Mind Body Musings, her website, MaddyMoon.com, and her global retreats. Her work and story have been featured in The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, The Daily Mail, Vice, Greatist, Men’s Health, PEOPLE and ABC News Nightline. If you want to step into your femininity, feel sexy in your skin, practice the art of trust // surrender and truly enjoy your life, follow Maddy’s journey for daily insight and inspiration.