Warning: Undefined array key "disable_url" in /nas/content/live/wellnessforce/wp-content/plugins/tweetthis/includes/share-handler.php on line 321
HRV For Optimal Wellness With Jason Moore
HRV – With the chronic stress and multitude of health conditions in our modern world, it can be extremely beneficial to understand how Heart Rate Variability can optimize our wellness and bring the autonomic nervous system into better balance.
Heart Rate Variability (HRV) is the change in time between successive heart beats, and these small variations occur in response to internal and external events.
These fluctuations are directly linked to our autonomic nervous system which helps to control our bodies unconscious processes. By tracking these variations, we can better understand our nervous systems, cardiovascular systems, and respiratory systems, and how our bodies are able to respond to many of life’s stressors that have a massive impact on our wellness.
By tracking these unique variations over time, we can better understand the signals we receive from our body. In just 30-60 days using HRV, this can lead an increase in our ability to recognize and better manage life’s stressors.
If we want to use this HRV data to truly improve our physical and emotional intelligence, we get to ask ourselves an important question:
How can a prime biomarker like HRV practically improve how we manage our emotions, stress, burnout, and decrease our risk for many of today's common ailments?
On this episode of Wellness + Wisdom, we explore this topic and much more with Jason Moore, CEO of Elite HRV. During this interview, Jason discusses the importance of monitoring our HRV, and his non-evasive tracking tool that will help us gain insight into this important biomarker and how we can use it to fuel our health journey.
10% Discount: Foundations of Heart Rate Variability Course
Save 10% and get the essential information you need to understand the science, mechanisms, and real-world applications of HRV in this comprehensive yet easy to follow Foundations of Heart Rate Variability course. Click Here To Enroll
Listen To Episode 126 As Jason Uncovers:
- Open Enrollment: HRV – How HRV relates to optimal wellness
- His transition from the oil industry to the health technology space
- Why he feels HRV is such an important piece of data to track
- How we can better understand if we are moving in the direction towards better health
- How to avoid long periods of troubleshooting and assist in developing our intuition with wearable technology
- The ancestral origins of the “Greek Physician's Pulse Watch”
- How we can better maintain our energy, digestion, mental clarity, and stress response
- Why our health plans need to be individualized
- How monitoring HRV helps us gain insight into the functionality of our autonomic nervous system
- Why some people may be more inclined to build aerobic fitness
- Using HRV for increasing our emotional intelligence
- Why we receive the most accurate measurement of HRV shortly after waking up
- How we can use HRV to receive indications of possible health issues
- The physical and mental impact on children that live in stressful home environments
- How tech can provide us with the data and proof we may need to adjust our behavior
- Reasons we should use tech instead of relying solely on our intuition
- How this technology can show warning signs of underlying stress
- Micronutrients and supplements that influence HRV
- How our micronutrient intake affects our HRV
- Learning to better regulate our levels of stress
- His future goals and plans for Elite HRV
- How stimulation from media is affecting our health
Top 3 Takeaways From Jason Moore
- We can sometimes spend years trying to develop our wellness intuition. We can speed up this process if we learn the proper ways to track and analyze our biological data through different forms of wellness tech.
- Extreme exercise might make us “better” at certain activities, but this may be at the expense of other parts of our wellness. Technology can help us know when to slow down so we don't jeopardize important areas of our health.
- HRV can give us incredible insight into other areas of our wellness and how our body functions. We don't need massive amounts of tracking with HRV, 5 minutes a day for a couple weeks can give us great insight into how we can adjust our lifestyle to improve our wellness.
Power Quotes From Jason
“There is nothing more priceless than your own body and mind.” – Jason Moore
“HRV is like our individual fingerprint for stress tolerance, adaptability, and resiliency.” – Jason Moore
“We can get pretty good at most things if we have the right kind of individualized plan.”– Jason Moore
“Tracking HRV can amplify our self-awareness.” – Jason Moore
“No matter where we are on the scale of intuition, we can use technology to hone our senses.” – Jason Moore
“The body is quite resilient if we give it the tools that it needs to manage stress.” – Jason Moore
“HRV has been shown to correlate with our biological age.” – Jason Moore
“Inundating people with more data than they need is a source of stress in and of itself.” – Jason Moore
“HRV is the most accurate non-evasive measure of your autonomic nervous system.” – Jason Moore
Jason Discusses Stress And HRV At The Ancestral Health Symposium:
The Elite HRV Podcast
Uncommon methods for maximizing health and performance with an emphasis on real-world implementation of Heart Rate Variability and other biomarkers.
From biohacking to quantified self, world-class doctors, coaches, and athletes cover the latest research (from the lab and field), and the methods and “tricks” that get the best results.
Right out of the gate you can expect the President of the American Functional Medicine Association, leading HRV researchers, elite and Olympic-level sports scientists, metabolism hackers, data scientists, rehabilitation specialists, and more.
About Jason Moore
loves merging his passions for technology, health, and human performance. He has also personally helped thousands of people and hundreds of organizations successfully implement Heart Rate Variability into their life or practice.
Prior to founding Elite HRV, Jason designed and implemented large scale information systems for the Oil & Gas Industry. Jason’s focus was on making complex data actionable and useful, and he traveled the globe speaking about and implementing his solutions. During this time, Jason was also a coach and personal trainer for health, fitness, and sports. He truly enjoys teaching others how to improve their health and performance and be their best possible self. Elite HRV is the fruit of many years of research, practice, and collaboration with coaches, doctors, and HRV researchers.
When he is not busy working on Elite HRV, he loves traveling, programming, rock climbing, and testing his body’s limits. Jason has a BA in Information Systems and Operations from Texas A&M University.
Resources Mentioned From Josh & Jason
- Jason's Website
- Social Channels
- Elite HRV
- Elite HRV Podcast
- Elite HRV Podcast Episode with Dr. Eldred Taylor
- The Ancient Greek Physician's Pulse Watch
- Article on Micronutrients and Supplements that Affect HRV
- Ido Portal
- Mark Sisson
- Gretchen Rubin
- Box Breathing
- The Autonomic Nervous System
- Gary Wilson's Book: “Your Brain On Porn”
My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find many of
your post’s to be exactly I’m looking for. can you offer guest writers to write content
for yourself? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on some
of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome web log!