What long term positive effects can nootropics give to our busy lives? Can new breakthroughs in cognitive neuroscience help us attain the focused state of attention to meet the demands of our busy modern world?
Andrew Hill, PhD, is a lecturer, scientist, explorer, and also the lead neuroscientist at TruBrain. Today on the show, Dr. Hill and I discuss everything from frontal lobes to biofeedback, and more.
Focused Attention With Nootropics
Improving focus and efficiency is the greatest weapon for ambitious people looking to accomplish more. In today’s connected 24/7 world, clocking more hours in the office no longer provides the same unique advantage that it used to. (nootropics for wellness?)
To become more efficient, you first need to understand your equation for productivity. This equation starts with the human brain and how your brainwave states dictate your output. Because we measure brainwaves, we can actually quantify what happens in the brain when someone is in a focused state.
Want more focus? Use code “WELLFX” for 25% off all truBrain products
Dr. Hill holds a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience from UCLA's department of Psychology and continues to do research on attention and cognitive performance. He is the Lead Neuroscientist for truBrain, an LA-based mental performance company, as well as the cofounder of Alternatives Addiction Treatment.
He lectures at UCLA, teaching courses in psychology, neuroscience, and gerontology,and has recently opened a peak brain performance center in Los Angeles named the Peak Brain Institute.
From a storied perspective, Dr. Hill’s road to being a neuroscientist has been the ultimate heroes journey: In the past, he’s worked on a farm, in technology sector, in mental health facilities, and many different previous careers that give him a unique understanding of how humans behave and what holds them back, and the science of how brain health can literally change lives.
Currently focused on developing tools and technologies to help everyday citizens enhance their cognitive performance outside of the lab—- as the lead neuroscientist at TruBrain, an LA-based mental performance company, Dr, Hill is the founding director of Alternatives Behavioral health AND the Alternatives Brain Institute. The best of the best in nootropics?
Links From Today's Show
- truBrain Website
- Use code “WELLFX” for 25% off all truBrain products
- Peak Brain Los Angeles
- What is biofeedback?
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Meditation tracking
- Performance coffee
- Circadian rhythm
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.