Speak Your Truth: Dr. Alessandra Wall
Speak Your Truth: Dr. Alessandra Wall
“Speaking up is what you do when you say what you mean and you mean what you say.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
What modern tools can help you gain more confidence, achieve that next benchmark, and overcome your fear of speaking up?
In Wellness Force Radio episode 271, clinical psychologist, coach, international speaker, author of Back To Me and host of the Life In Focus Podcast, Dr. Alessandra Wall, shares how to overcome psychological barriers, set up healthy social media practices, and get your life in focus by summoning emotional resilience.
Discover how to uncover your inner truth, find your voice, and be honest about your thoughts and feelings.
Back To Me
Does this sound familiar?
- There’s never any time for me!
- I just wish I could get back to me, take five, and get a breather…
- I’m tired all time, but mostly I’m tired of feeling so overbooked, busy and tired!
- I’d love to do me, but is seems selfish, I can’t help but feel guilty.
40% of Americans suffer from some form of anxiety, and the numbers for the rest of the Western world aren’t much different. It’s no wonder. We have made our lives so busy and frantic that we’ve lost the ability to make time for and take care of ourselves. We’re overbooked, overworked, and over stimulated!
What if you could change all that in 4 weeks all for the price of a latte?
Back to Me is a short ebook that covers four major areas of life:
- The simple choices you make every day
- The rhythm of your life
- Setting boundaries with the world
- Learning to listen to yourself – Introspection/Insight
shows you where you might be going wrong in each of these areas, and what balance and reclaiming your life can look like.
Get 4 weeks of tips, challenges, and tricks to create the changes you want to see.
Two Minute Tip To Thrive: Own it'Speaking up is what you do when you say what you mean and you mean what you say.' - @drwallsaysClick To Tweet
Listen To Episode 271 As Dr. Alessandra Wall Uncovers:
- What she's doing to help women really find and share their voices with the world.
- How women have been pre-conditioned to not articulate their wants and needs to other people.
- The beliefs, assumptions, and filters that hold women back from feeling free to express themselves.
- How, without realizing it, centuries of socialization has programmed our expectations for human behavior.
- Words and phrases that have boxed women such as ‘rational,' 'emotional,' or ‘abrasive.'
- How labels, filters, and assumptions can actually be beneficial as we navigate the world but can also become distorted and then create real problems in society.
- What unconscious bias training is and its goal to help people become aware of their biases and make changes.
- The art of nothing to slow down, pause, and reconnect with yourself.
- What tools we can use to grow our emotional intelligence muscles.
- The importance of looking for a partner who will listen to you, consider what you need, and create a dialogue when conflict comes up.
- Susan Cain's explanation about the differences between introverts and extroverts plus what an ambivert is.
- Why human social connection and acceptance is so vital for own survival.
- Steps you can take to be yourself in front of anyone without feeling anxious.
- Why people are not being their authentic selves online and how that's affecting our interactions and relationships.
- The control of social media and how it affects our mental health including the rise of depression for young women.
- How social media and society is programming this idea that we have to be loved in order to be enough.
- Why we feel that being liked at work is more important for professional success than the ability, knowledge, and experience that we have to do a job.
- The extreme standards that we're all trying to live up to when being average is absolutely okay.
- Why you shouldn't let circumstances dictate your life but rather influence your path.
- The biggest challenges she faces as a therapist and how she has personally evolved in her profession.
Power Quotes From The Show'If you don't speak your truth because you're afraid of being heard, then that will guarantee it'll never be heard.' - @drwallsaysClick To Tweet
“Women oftentimes know what's making them mad but they don't feel like they can say it because it wouldn't be ‘nice,' it would result in conflict or something else. We don't think we're going to be heard so we don't put it out there but that then guarantees that we will never be heard if we never put it out into the world. If we at least put it out there then maybe we'll find out that either we're not communicating clearly, the person doesn't understand what we're saying, or the person doesn't care about what we want or need in which case we have this great piece of information that will help us decide what we want to do with this relationship.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
“If there is a friend, family member, or partner who doesn't consistently care what you need or want, the answer is to walk away from that relationship because otherwise, you're always going to be resentful and unhappy with that person.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
“Speaking up truly is that simple. All it takes is being in that space where you are okay with who you are so that you can put it out into the world and not be constantly walking in this space of being worried that if you admit that you have two versions of Vanilla Ice's, ‘Ice, Ice Baby,' on your iTunes playlist that other people will judge you for it.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
“Our lives aren't determined so much by our circumstances so much as they're determined by the choices that we make. If you don't like the way your life is going, you have to do something different and speaking up is just one way to make that happen.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
“If you don't speak up, say what you mean, and mean what you say, then you're being the most dishonest, shallow, and untrue version of yourself. The kindest thing you can do with someone is to be honest with them about what you think, feel, how they make you feel, and what you need from them. That will create the strongest relationships.” – Dr. Alessandra Wall
Two Minute Tip To Thrive: Grab a Pen and Smile!
Links From Today's Show
- Life In Focus Podcast
- Back To Me by Dr. Alessandra Wall
- Speak Up with Dr. Alessandra Wall
- Bridge The Gap with Dr. Alessandra Wall
- In Her Shoes
- Be More Confident: What Confidence Is And Is Not, And How To Build It
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Irresistible: The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter
- Myers–Briggs Type Indicator
- Eckhart Tolle
- How to keep talented women from leaving your company
- WFR 103 Robb Wolf
- WFR 183 Dr. Kyra Bobinet
- WFR 206 Dan Pardi
- Dr. Alessandra Wall
About Dr. Alessandra Wall
is a clinical psychologist, a coach, and an international speaker. Over the past 15+ years, she has helped hundreds of people break through ﬁlters, overcome roadblocks, and build thriving personal and professional lives. She helps smart, professional women and forward-thinking companies bridge the gap between the way things are and the way they want them to be. Whether coaching professional women to gain conﬁdence, overcome stress and achieve success in life, or working with forward-thinking, innovative companies to build better teams, better solutions, and a better bottom line, everything she does helps you bridge the gaps in your life and business, using solutions and strategies that are right for you.