Christian Minson: Transformational Breath
“Most of us don't breathe correctly and actually many of us breathe at just 20% of our capacity. Oxygen is our number one energy source and it's what drives every cell. If we're not filling our bodies with the maximum amount of oxygen that it can use, then we're basically only giving our bodies enough oxygen to simply get by in the day. That's why people are chronically fatigued or feel like life is such a chore. They find everything so hard to do because we're leaving 80% of the potential energy that we could be running our lives with on the table.” – Christian Minson
When was the last time you truly focused on your breath?
On Wellness Force Radio 187, International Speaker, Best-Selling Contributing Author, Trainer, Coach, Founder of Breathflow Wellness, and Leader of the Breathwork Program at the Rythmia, Christian Minson, shares what you'll experience once you focus on proper transformational breathwork, how breathing will help you with your biggest stress triggers, and why the relationship you have with yourself is more important than any other.
Get Your Copy Of
Align, Expand, and Succeed
Read Christian Minson's contributing chapter, Shift Happens: Inspiration for Life in Transition in the book, Align, Expand and Succeed
What if your business is the key to creating a new world? The world is experiencing an urgent wake-up call because the paradigms of the past don't work in today's changing times. Align, Expand and Succeed contains personal stories, tips, tools and strategies from successful conscious entrepreneurs around the world who are pioneers in creating a new world through their business.
In Align, Expand, and Succeed, you'll discover how to:
- Transform your greatest challenge into your biggest success
- Thrive as a passionate and purposeful leader
- Make peace with money as a conscious entrepreneur
- Release the things that hold you back from your greatness
Listen To Episode 187 As Christian Minson Uncovers:
- Why he became a monk for ten years and then decided to follow another calling to help him continue to evolve.
- How he came to connect with Rythmia and became the head of the breathwork department.
- Why breathwork isn't taken seriously; even in the wellness community.
- What he means by, “The portal on the horizon between dimensions that open between the inhale and exhale of the breath.”
- What it was like to be a monk and the advantages and disadvantages when it came to the spiritual vs. physical aspect of that lifestyle.
- Why declaring celibacy is one of the major cornerstones of the monkhood.
- The different chakras and how they affect us spiritually.
- The biological aspect of breathwork and how it affects our physiology and nervous system.
- Why most people's breath capacity is only 20% due to traumas and other experiences.
- The difference between experiencing breathwork compared to plant medicine.
- How breathwork has deeply helped guests at Rythmia.
- Why it's difficult for people to take the time for breathwork and focus on healing.
- Why the number one cause of happiness is deep, personal relationships.
- The most important personal relationship we have: the one with yourself.
- The first steps you can take to building a connection between the head and heart.
- What you'll experience when you start to really focus on proper transformational breathwork.
- Whether or not plant medicine use can help us improve and enhance breathwork.
- How breathing will help you break through your biggest challenges and stress triggers.
- His participation in helping write the book, Align Expand and Succeed: Shifting the Paradigm of Entrepreneurial Success.
- How breathwork can help you make a difficult decision and discover the relative truth to your authentic self.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Breathing keeps us alive and that's a pretty fundamental reason for us to breathe. I think it's such an important reason to breathe, but that's where people stop and go, ‘Okay, breath equals life. Breath is what keeps us alive so that's the purpose of our breathing.' But then we discount the idea that there's the possibility for any more reason other than that. However, if you really start working with the breath and working with oxygenating the body and actually bringing more lifeforce into your being, it's not only sustaining your life, but it elevates and evolves your life too.” – Christian Minson
“As monks, we were doing modified forms of breathing without really focusing on the breath. So one of the liabilities of that lifestyle was that we kind of discounted our physical being in pursuit of our spiritual dimension. What I love about breathwork is that not only does it reinforce that we are spiritual beings, but that we are actually physical beings too. Therefore, breath and movement work together in harmony. As spiritual beings having a physical experience, there's a route back to our spirit, but there has to be a physical gateway into that and that is the breath.” – Christian Minson
“Despite the fact that breath is a foundational tool to our whole evolution, still very few people actually know about it. So, people come to Rythmia primarily for the plant medicine and to have this experience. More people know or understand plant medicine much more than they know about breath. So to hold plant medicine and breath in such equal esteem and have people experience both, our guests get to experience and learn about the benefits of breathwork firsthand.” – Christian Minson
“Both breathwork and plant medicine are tools that open the doors of our consciousness. The difference is that the breath opens that door gently and invites you in. The plant medicine opens that door and pulls you in and won't let you out till it wants you out.” – Christian Minson
Save $150 Off Your Rythmia Vacation
Links From Today's Show
The Importance of Abundant Breath to Transform Your State
- Christian Minson
- Breathflow Wellness
- The Reality of Truth
- The 5 Habits of Highly Spiritual People
- Developing Your Intuition to Improve Your Life and Decision Making
- John Gray
- Good genes are nice, but joy is better
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Use Breathwork Techniques to Boost Your Mental State
- Breathwork for Clearing Trauma from the Body
- Breathwork – GoodTherapy.org
- WFR 137 Dr. Tim Brown
- WFR 149 Johnny Blackburn
About Christian Minson
A former Monk for 10 years, now he helps others achieve greater spiritual and emotional intelligence by integrating trauma, releasing limiting habits, managing emotions, and teaching others to find meaning in their own lives and work.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.