Ariel Garten is the co-founder and CEO of InterXon, makers of Muse: the brain sensing headband. Muse is an award-winning, easy-to-use brain fitness tool that senses your brain activity much like a heart rate monitor senses your pulse.
Ariel studied neuroscience at the University of Toronto and worked in labs at Toronto’s Krembil Neuroscience Centre researching Parkinson’s disease and hippocampal neurogenesis.
No mere science nerd, Ariel is a fashion designer whose clothing opened Toronto Fashion Week in '03, and has had her work displayed at the Art Gallery of Ontario. global media: CNN, Forbes, Popular Science, CNET, CNBC, VentureBeat, TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal Tech and more, for creating what Huffington Post calls “the beautiful headband that will make you smarter.”
The Power of Tracking Meditation:
“What thought controlled computing can allow you do to is build colorful layered pictures of our lives, and with this, we can get the skinny on our psychological happenings and build a story of our behaviors over time. We can begin to see the underlying narratives that propel us forward about and tell us about whats going on over time. And from this, we can learn to change the plot, the characters, and the outcome of our personal stories.” – Ariel Garten
- Ariel's TEDx Talk: Know thyself, with a brain scanner
- Muse in the news: TechCrunch Video
- The Muse Team: The People Behind Muse
- What Muse Measures: Brain Wave Diagram
- ChooseMuse.com: See How It Works
You May Also Like These Episodes:
- Overcoming Adversity & Creating A Life Worth Living With Olympian Tanner Gers
- Creating New Habits With Kelli Calabrese
- Hacking Happiness With Author & TEDx Speaker John C. Havens
- Finding Your Personal Gold With Olympians Sky & Tamara Christopherson
- Download your Free Digital Health Transformation guide at wellnessforce.com/radio
- Don't miss next week's show! Subscribe to the show and stay updated
- If this show resonated with you, please leave us an honest rating and review
- The more reviews and ratings we receive, the more people we can reach with this amazing message!
Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten