Own The Day: Aubrey Marcus
Aubrey Marcus Wellness Force Episode 123: With the volume of noise in our modern world that distracts and arouses the egoic mind, how do we awaken more consciousness so we can discover our deeper purpose?
We often fall prey to short-term solutions like drugs, alcohol, or social media to cover up the real feelings and desires we hold in our heart. While these mental and emotional band-aids make us feel better in the moment, they don't actually get to root of the deeper issue.
If we want to get in touch with our true inner voice and find greater meaning and fulfillment, we get to ask a profound question:
How can we shift our consciousness and overcome the allure of the egoic mind's temporary band-aids to powerfully show up and own the day?
On this episode of Wellness + Wisdom, we explore this topic and much more with Aubrey Marcus, founder of Onnit. During this exclusive, in-person interview, Aubrey uncovers the tools and strategies we need to reconcile our egoic delusions, shed limiting beliefs, and heighten our conscious awareness.
Listen To Episode 123 As Aubrey Uncovers:
- How to stop the mind from gravitating towards self-destructive thought patterns
- Why the problems of the mind dissolve once we shift our ego driven identity towards our conscious awareness
- The value of asking questions and seeking the truth
- The problems associated with organized religion and dogmatic beliefs
- The ways that psychedelic experiences helped Aubrey tap into the essence beyond his physical form
- How Aubrey's philosophical views played into the creation of Onnit
- How a plant medicine journey gave Aubrey a clear vision for what Onnit could become
- Finding a quality practitioner for an Ayahuasca healing, and what we need to know about “Jungle Law”
- The ways we can heal the incessant thought patterns created by the egoic mind
- How Aubrey define's his life purpose, and how he remains true to his ethos
- The importance of adopting the principle of unicity
- Why focusing on yourself is not necessarily selfish, and how it can benefit the greater good
- How to embrace and enjoy life while maintaining a healthy sense of detachment
- What we can learn from the Toltec saying that “death is our wisest advisor”
- Why Aubrey decided to change his name at the age of 30
- How to stop identifying with our scared ego that lives in a state of constant worry
- The internal and external benefits of remaining in a state of non-judgement
- How to mentally and emotionally rewrite the traumatic events of our past
- How to heal past memories, by encoding them with different emotional states
- Ways to let go of past guilt we may still be carrying around
- How to develop and a deeper sense of confidence
- How float tanks can slow down the mind and help expand our conscious awareness
- Methods for tapping into our creative nature, and finding our state of flow
- How taking naps can help us become more efficient throughout the day
- What fuels Aubrey's purpose to affect human consciousness
- The far-reaching benefits of taking 6 deep breaths
- How the breath can help us access consciousness
- Ways we can develop more confidence in our sexuality
- How we can reconcile delusions and limiting beliefs
- Why we should aim for 35 sleep cycles a week
- How to get rid of irrational fears that carry no real danger
- Ways we can develop better communication with our bodies
Top 3 Takeaways From Aubrey Marcus
- When we tap into our conscious awareness we can reconcile our egoic delusions, shed limiting beliefs, and heighten our intuition.
- We can use the breath as an efficient and elegant solution to alter our consciousness.
- Developing a healthy sense of detachment will help us enjoy the simple pleasures of the world, without letting them dictate our lives and emotions.
Power Quotes From Aubrey Marcus
“Philosophy bridges the gap between religion and practicality.” – Aubrey Marcus
“Problems of the mind dissolve when our point of identity shifts from egoic delusions to our conscious awareness.” – Aubrey Marcus
“I have been shaped into a tool to help elevate human consciousness.” – Aubrey Marcus
“Breath can be the most elegant solution to alter our consciousness.” – Aubrey Marcus
“You can't have confidence if your spirituality is made of tin foil and you've never actually put it in the fire.” – Aubrey Marcus
“You can't succeed by profiting off of someone else's loss.” – Aubrey Marcus
“We need to appreciate the value of knowledge, asking questions, and seeking the truth.” – Aubrey Marcus
“Buy the fancy clothes and wear the fancy watch, but ultimately know that it's silly. Know that if you had to dangle them over a bridge and drop them in the water, that we could do it with a laugh and not with pain.” – Aubrey Marcus
Aubrey Discusses His Thoughts On Fear:
The Aubrey Marcus Podcast
I've always believed to play any game well, you best know what all the buttons do. As an entrepreneur, athlete, and consciousness explorer I've spent a lifetime pressing all the proverbial buttons in the game of life, and the Aubrey Marcus Podcast is a venue to bring forward the lessons learned from triumph and disaster. We bring in world class guests to discuss how you can support your body, turn resistance to assistance, harness the potential of your mind and emotions, and cultivate a battle tested spirituality without all the BS. But most importantly we have some fun while we do it. Follow me on social @AubreyMarcus, and for more on the tools of human optimization, check out @Onnit.
About Aubrey Marcus
AUBREY MARCUS FOUNDED ONNIT IN 2010
as a nutritional supplements brand based on a holistic health philosophy he calls Total Human Optimization. Aubrey Marcus has since grown Onnit into an industry leader, providing innovative peak performance supplements, foods, fitness equipment, and apparel.
A 20 YEAR NATIVE OF AUSTIN, TEXAS
Aubrey graduated from the University of Richmond in 2004 with a degree in philosophy and classical civilization. He soon founded a boutique marketing firm, specializing in brand development and eCommerce. It was during these seven years running the agency that Aubrey conceived of Onnit.
INSPIRED BY HIS LIFELONG EXPERIENCE
as a multi-sport athlete — as well as his background in ancient philosophy — his goal was to create a company that empowered people to achieve their fullest human potential. With the launch of the firm’s flagship supplement Alpha BRAIN in 2011, Onnit was born.
In addition to the range of products offered on Onnit.com, Onnit is sole owner of Black Swan Yoga, four-time winner of the Best Yoga in Austin. Austin is also home to the Onnit Academy Gym, featuring DeFranco's Gym and 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu at the Onnit Academy.
Aubrey is currently the host of two celebrated podcasts: The Aubrey Marcus Podcast and the Total Human Optimization. He regularly makes appearances on a variety of media outlets, including the Joe Rogan Experience, The Jason Ellis Show, Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and Entrepreneur.
Resources Mentioned From Josh & Aubrey
- Aubrey's Website
- Aubrey's Podcast
- Social Channels
- The dungeons of the Roman Inquisition
- The Coliseum
- The Chakapa
- Float North County
- The Stoic Philosophy
- Cory Allen
- Temple Stillness and Earth Peace binaural beats
- Binaural beats
- “Own the day”
- Ryan Holiday
- Steven Pressfield
- “Sleep” by Nick Littlehales
- Shawn Stevenson and his book “Sleep Smarter”
- Tracking sleep with Oura Ring
- David Deida
- The Float Conference
- The Toltec Philosophy
- Carlos Castaneda
- “The 4 Agreements”
- “The Mastery of Love”
- “The Toltec Art of Life and Death”
- Aubrey's interview with Jamie Wheal
- MAPS Psychedelic Science Conference
- Stan Grof
- Don Miguel Ruiz
- Gabor Maté, M.D.
- Gerard Butler
- Mark Devine