Altered States, Legendary Life, & The Gift of Perspective: Ted Ryce
“The more you immerse yourself in certain transformative activities, the easier it is for you to go from altered states to altered traits. Whether it's exercise, breathwork, plant medicine or traveling, they can really make you come alive, turn on your brain, and give you a whole new perspective on everything.” – Ted Ryce
How can you get out of your “box life” to enter an altered state of mind, really come alive, and explore what you truly want in 2019?
In Wellness + Wisdom episode 255, Personal Trainer, Peak Performance Coach, Host of the Legendary Life Podcast, and 4-time guest, Ted Ryce, joins Josh Trent in Thailand to discuss the differences between being selfish and self-serving, how different states and tools from float tanks to plant medicine can help you achieve clarity.
Discover how you can grow on your own terms, find perspective, and live a legendary life by taking what resonates with you and leaving the rest behind.
Body Breakthrough Masterclass
Discover the 5 step process that Ted's busy clients over 40 are using to build a leaner, stronger, and healthier body 3x faster than traditional programs without boot camps, CrossFit, Pilates, going keto or quick fixes that don't work.
In This Masterclass, You're Going To Discover:
- A healthy nutrition protocol that rapidly melts even the most stubborn belly fat regardless of your “bad genes”, “body type” or “slow metabolism”…Once you follow this protocol you will never wonder if you should do Intermittent Fasting, eat 6 meals per day, or “go” Keto to burn fat faster.
- What the leanest people in the world know that you don't…You won't learn these fitness secrets from your Crossfit, Bootcamp, HIIT, BeachBody, or Pilates classes.
- How to bulletproof your body against potential health problems and injuries…You’ll radically improve your health, while naturally unlocking your body's strength, flexibility, and vitality even if you are over 40, have aches and pains, and low energy levels.
- The #1 secret to sustainable results…The elements your nutrition, training, and recovery plan MUST have to make them sustainable long-term no matter how old you are or the state of your health.
- AND finally…You'll discover the real truth about getting a lean, sexy, and strong body naturally–even if you think it’s too late to get your dream body and have vibrant health.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”It's hard to quantify emotions with scientific instruments and it's subjective but the most important thing you can do is to intuitively check-in with yourself and know that something is right. – Ted Ryce of @LegendaryLifeP” quote=”It's hard to quantify emotions with scientific instruments and it's subjective but the most important thing you can do is to intuitively check-in with yourself and know that something is right. – Ted Ryce of @LegendaryLifeP”]
Live A Legendary Life
Learn more about how to create and live a Legendary Life with Ted Ryce by taking part in either:
- One-On-One Coaching
- Group Coaching
- Corporate Wellness
- Free Webinar Training
Or listen to the Legendary Life Podcast
With Ted, get ready to discover a revolutionary fat loss method you can use to burn fat, build muscle, and get the lean body of your dreams 3x faster than traditional methods.
Plus, learn why “cookie cutter” one-size-fits-all diet and exercise programs only lead to failure (and how you can customize a plan that’s tailor-made for your age, gender, and activity level).
Listen To Episode 255 As Ted Ryce Uncovers:
- His and Josh's experience being in Thailand and what their biggest takeaways actually were from all that they've seen and done.
- The impact that traveling has had on Ted; especially being around the local people in both Thailand and Vietnam and what he has learned from their culture.
- How experiencing struggles or adversity in a group can really energetically bind us together.
- The rugged, individualism that's part of the American culture compared to the lifestyles, mindsets, and beliefs of other countries.
- What it was like for Ted to live in Miami and why he personally felt so stuck and out of alignment living and working in that city as a personal trainer.
- How leaving Miami helped Ted find his freedom and live by his mission in life to connect with people.
- Why it's so important to understand the medical and science side to take plant medicine for your own safety.
- The trauma and abuse he experienced as a child that has impacted his entire life.
- What scares and holds people back from doing real soul searching through inner work, talk therapy, or plant medicine.
- The importance of preparing both your body and mind for a state change.
- What thoughts and emotions came up for him during the plant medicine ceremonies.
- How you can grow on your own terms by taking what resonates with you and leave the rest behind.
- The rise of consciousness that is growing within modern society.
- Why selfishness and truly taking care of yourself can actually be a good thing for you in 2019.
- His stance on the importance of sharing content to express your truth and be authentic online rather than just be fishing for likes and comments.
Power Quotes From The Show
[click_to_tweet tweet=”When we are truly being authentic, we are not seeking attention, likes, or status. You won't see a state change in others if you're being inauthentic. Being selfish is one thing, being self-serving is another. – @LegendaryLife” quote=”When we are truly being authentic, we are not seeking attention, likes, or status. You won't see a state change in others if you're being inauthentic. Being selfish is one thing, being self-serving is another. – @LegendaryLife”]
“There's no need to quantify our emotions but for those who are searching for a way to do it, science can be something that leads them to a stage in life where they have more evidence showing the effectiveness of an emotional intelligence practice.” – Ted Ryce
“We try to use the power of our minds as we look for transformation through a book or a podcast. Sometimes a personal transformation can happen but far too often, even if we find clarity in someone's message, it still won't be a big enough state change because everyday life will eventually pull us out of it. Rather than taking that approach, I intuitively sought out certain activities that changed my state and the more I did them, the better I felt and the more they changed me as a person.” – Ted Ryce
“When we’re truly being authentic on social media, we’re not seeking attention, likes, or status; we’re sharing so that other people get something from it. If you check-in and feel like what you’re sharing is making a difference, you will also see a state change in other people. If you don’t, then maybe you shared it from an inauthentic place. Being selfish is one thing, being self-serving is another.” – Ted Ryce
“We all need to find what works for us and check-in internally rather than use research, randomized controlled studies, or a guru telling us what to do. We need to check in internally because only we have the answer and no one else. Everyone else is just a guide or giving some suggestions that could be good or bad but only you have the true answer.” – Ted Ryce
Links From Today's Show
- Ted Ryce
- WFR 176 Ted Ryce: How To Deal With Stress & Overwhelm
- WFR 099 Ted Ryce: Eat, Sleep, And Move Your Way To Legendary Health
- WFR 049 Ted Ryce: Your Guide To Live A Legendary Life
- Legendary Life Podcast
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Michael Pollan Tried A Series Of Psychedelic Drugs… For Research!
- Joseph Campbell
- You Are The Placebo by Joe Dispenza
- Jon Vroman
- Terence McKenna
- George Carlin
- WFR 086 Mark Divine
- WFR 209 Jamie Wheal
- WFR 249 Niraj Naik
- Vipassana Meditation – A Spartan Race For The Mind
About Ted Ryce
Personal trainer, peak performance coach, and podcaster, Ted Ryce, has overcome a tremendous amount in his quest to live a legendary life.
Ryce has worked with Fortune 500 CEOs, busy professionals, and celebrities, including Richard Branson, Ricky Martin and Robert Downey Jr. He helps his clients develop and stick with high-performance habits that help them manage stress and adversity and lead more successful lives.
His philosophy is that being a high-performance person, one who chases and achieves their biggest goals isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity to survive and thrive in the modern world.