A Hero's Journey & Human Optimization: Kyle Kingsbury
“Ultimate forgiveness is really knowing that I'm not going to hold this grudge in me anymore. That goes into letting go, surrendering, and all teachings from the plant medicine. If I can truly forgive, that's me taking this weight off of me because otherwise, I'm carrying that with me until I forgive. If I don't forgive you, I'm holding all of that inside of me.” – Kyle Kingsbury
What can breathwork, hedonic calendaring, and plant medicine ceremonies teach you about your actual self, your fears, and your spirituality?
On Wellness Force Radio episode 219, retired American professional mixed martial artist and now Director of Human Optimization at Onnit, Kyle Kingsbury, shares how he discovered his spiritual side through psilocybin and Ayahuasca, how you can rig your brain to experience DMT and out of body experiences through breathwork, and how to optimize your mitochondria through NAD Production and nutrition.
Learn how you can satisfy our need for ‘more' based on what makes you feel good, whole, and happy.
Join the Onnit Academy today!
Our mission is to inspire peak performance through a combination of unique products and actionable information. Combining bleeding-edge science, earth-grown nutrients, and time-tested strategies from top athletes and medical professionals, we are dedicated to providing our customers with supplements, foods, and fitness equipment aimed at helping people achieve a new level of well-being we call Total Human Optimization.
Onnit Academy’s Certifications provide a unique experience in the realm of fitness education. They combine a foundational framework that opens your ability to plug the System into ANY fitness or training modality, with the in-depth instruction to utilize an array of tools.
The education provided and its subsequent application into your practice and training business is, first and foremost, the biggest value received by taking part in our certification courses. Providing powerful perspectives, tools, and connection, the Onnit Academy serves to bridge the gap between where many people find themselves stuck and accessing life-changing practices that allow them to engage to their highest capacity on a daily basis. Through this educational process, you grow to become an ever greater conduit to do the same for the masses. Develop and refine your capacity for transforming the lives of those you serve and you will transform your business!
Onnit Is Total Human Optimization
Listen To Episode 219 As Kyle Kingsbury Uncovers:
- What Ayahuasca taught him about his parents' relationship and and the root of the pain as well as it's gift.
- Why he considered ending his life while in college and what saved him.
- How one of his biggest fears while in college thinking that he was going to end up in a 9-5 job.
- The fact that depression can happen to anybody and it doesn't always have a face you can see.
- What he thinks could have been a factor in his depression and suicide attempt as far as nutrition, lithium, and medication.
- How an elimination diet helped him realize he had a gluten intolerance and sparked him on a wellness journey.
- What he learned from being a professional UFC fighter and how he's applied that to life.
- The turning point when he realized that he didn't just have to be healthy in order to train and that he could be like this all the time.
- How Ayahuasca has helped him decrease his fears about death.
- Characteristics and signs in people that they should not participate in plant medicine ceremonies.
- The breath of fire breathwork practice – what it is, how it's beneficial for the body, and how to do it.
- How breathwork can just be as possible as plant medicine and how we can use it to rig our brains to experience DMT and out of body experiences.
- Why drinking matcha green tea is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety because of the L-Theanine.
- What he learned about himself through the Carb Test from Wired to Eat by Robb Wolf.
- What surprises he found about his body through genetic reports like 23andMe.
- His daily obsession with cold baths and experiencing the benefits from them plus his easy hacks to spend less money on cold baths.
- N.A.D Production – what it is and why it's a human optimization tool we can use it with nutrition to optimize our mitochondria.
- Berberine – What it is and how it can allow you to eat foods that you're sensitive to.
- How we can have a good discussion about the #MeToo movement and what's been going on in our society.
- His spirituality and how his relationship with God has changed since he began taking part in plant medicine ceremonies.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Ayahuasca taught me the hard lesson of understanding that I don't need to have an upcoming fight on my schedule to live properly and focus on my health. I realized that I can live this way all the time and it just takes discipline.” – Kyle Kingsbury
“Everyone is doing the best they can with what they have. Ultimately, that doesn't absolve people of their responsibility but there is forgiveness and compassion there. That's in every spiritual text – to live forgiveness and to truly embody that; to learn compassion and to feel what other people are going through and try to put yourself in their shoes. Try to see where others are coming from and not play the blame game.” – Kyle Kingsbury
“You don't always have to be right in an argument. If you no longer have to be right, the conversation changes and you can operate from a different place. You can really see eye to eye with the other person or at least attempt that. There's no attempting some level of understanding from the other person if you're dead-set on letting them know that you're right and then blame them. If you can at least operate from a place where you no longer have to be right, there's a whole different layer that you can obtain from that.” – Kyle Kingsbury
What Is Onnit?
Links From Today's Show
- Kyle Kingsbury
- Onnit Academy
- Total Human Optimization Podcast
- How Kyle Kingsbury used ayahuasca to become a happier person and a worse fighter
- The Bledsoe Show w/ Kyle Kingsbury: Finding Inner Peace #66
- #9 The Legendary Paul Chek | Onnit Podcast
- #12 How To Get Back Up with Kyle Kingsbury | Onnit Podcast
- Joe Rogan Experience #756 – Kyle Kingsbury
- Episode 765: Kyle Kingsbury- Fasting for Muscle Gain, the Benefits of Going Barefoot & MORE
- Benefits of Berberine
- The Wim Hof Method
- Braving The Wilderness by Brené Brown
- Wild Wild Country Trailer
- The Death of the American Male – Mastermind Panel – Paleo f(x)™
- WFR 209 Jamie Wheal
- WFR 196 Aubrey Marcus
- WFR 086 Mark Divine
About Kyle Kingsbury
Kyle Kingsbury is a former football player (Arizona State), a retired American professional mixed martial artist (UFC six years), and currently Director of Human Optimization at Onnit and host of The Onnit Podcast.
While fighting at the highest level, Kyle became fascinated with nutrition, performance, and recovery. Since his MMA retirement, his focus has shifted to learning more about longevity, plant medicines, and inner peace.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.