“The nature of the mammalian mind is to constantly scan for threats and be poised to react to them. Is it any wonder that our minds feel a constant tug toward negativity?” – Mark Divine, from his book “Unbeatable Mind”
What does a 20 year Navy Seal Veteran, successful entrepreneur, coach, author, and sought after professional speaker do to cultivate an unbeatable mind?
On episode 086 for Wellness Force Radio we’re learning and growing from the founder of SEALFIT, and the Unbeatable Mind Academy, Commander Mark Divine. Get ready to be inspired from a truly legendary man who just happens to run his business right in Josh’s hometown, Encinitas, California.
Unbeatable Reeve WOD Challenge
Join the 2nd Annual SEALFIT Unbeatable Reeve WOD Challenge, where you can join from anywhere in the world to support spinal cord research and outreach programs for individuals living with paralysis.
Be part of the team effort involved in supporting the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation.
There are 5.4 million Americans living with some form of paralysis. You can make a difference for these individuals by signing up for the Reeve WOD challenge today.
Over $30,000 in prizes will be available to top fundraisers and top teams, and you can participate as an individual, or get your gym involved as a team.
Creating The Unbeatable Mind
Listen the the podcast above as Mark uncovers the steps on how to create an Unbeatable Mind:
- How to live life with your heart and your sword
- How to change your self narrative
- How to feed the courage wolf and starve the fear wolf
- Quieting the monkey mind
- How to create your personal ethos, including what your passion, purpose, and what principles show about the direction and targets that are ahead
- Learn about his five mountains of mastery
- Why the physical mountain leads to all others
- How to avoid “Weapons of Mass Distractions” mentioned before on WFR by Dr. Gay & Katie Hendricks
- How his Kokoro and 20X physical challenges help to purify the mind
- How Gratitude can rewire your nueroplasticity in the brain
- Why Mark’s Box Breathing training is one of his top tools for self-mastery
“The grueling intensity of this event brought me peace. It gave me a place to go within myself that I can be calm. This was unexpected. There are no obstacles that could EVER stand in my way again: physical, mental, emotional, intuitional. I’m able to handle ANYTHING! I’m forever changed & grateful. HOOYAH 32! CMDR Divine, Thank you for being my mentor, my coach, my leader, my friend.” – Danielle Gordon, Health & Wellness Professional, Kokoro 32 Graduate
Mark’s Five Mountains of Self-Mastery
- Emotional (men tend to ignore this mountain)
“The warrior is committed to two things: one is self-mastery and the other is service. We can’t go serve if we don’t work on ourselves every day towards mastery.” – Mark Divine on Wellness Force Radio
7 Authentic Answers From Mark Divine
Listen to the podcast to hear Mark’s authentic answers:
- How has your personal mediation practice changed as your business and life responsibilities have grown?
- What is one thing we can do every morning to create an Unbeatable Mind?
- What makes you laugh out laugh, what cracks you up?
- What do you think holds coaches, trainers, and health practitioners back from using more Emotional intelligence and mental training in their practices?
- You recently interviewed Daniel Schmachtenberger from Neurohacker Collective on the Unbeatable Mind Podcast. What do you think is the most powerful mindset for Americans to have as we step into the next 5 years of exponential growth in technology?
- With your decades of training and cultivating mental toughness, does anything out there or any existential issue cause you fear, and how do you dance with that?
- What is wellness to you, how do you define wellness?
About Mark Divine
Mark Divine is a highly sought after speaker, coach, and multiple published author of many best-selling books, including 8 Weeks To SEALFIT, The Way of The SEAL, Kokoro Yoga, and Unbeatable Mind, which is soon to have its fourth edition.
He is the creator and developer of cutting edge training programs for warriors athletes and professionals. These innovative programs include the integrated functional fitness program SEALFIT, the life acceleration program Unbeatable Mind, and the integrated yoga system, Warrior Yoga.
SEALFIT has helped thousands transform their lives, both online and on-site in Encinitas, California Mark is a highly sought after speaker, coach, author and makes frequent media appearances to discuss SEALFIT and Unbeatable Mind.
The mission at SEALFIT is to develop mental toughness and promote spiritual growth in their clients – changing their lives and the lives of those they touch in the process.
Unbeatable Mind Podcast With Mark Divine
Retired Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine and his SEALFIT Coaching team take on guests with subject matters that follow along with Mark’s 5 mountain training path of developing your Mental, Physical, Emotional, Intuitive, and Kokoro (Heart) self. Recently listed as the #1 Health Podcast and #30 overall in iTunes.
Links From Today’s Show
- Sign Up For the 2nd Annual REEVE WOD
- The Way of The Seal, by Mark Divine
- 8 Weeks to SEALFIT, by Mark Divine
- Unbeatable Mind, by Mark Divine
- Kokoro Yoga, by Mark Divine
- Mark’s Unbeatable Mind Academy Online Training Program
- Sign up TODAY for the 2016 UM Retreat, December 2nd, 2016 in San Diego, CA
- Join up with Josh Trent for his birthday in Encinitas, CA for the SEALFIT 20X Challenge 4/29/2017
- Peter Diamandis
- Nuerohacker Collective
- Personal Gold Film
- Mindset, by Carol Dweck
- Box Breathing
Wellness Force Radio Episode 086
Listen as Josh tells the story of how he first came across Mark’s work in 2013 at the UCSD CALIT2 Center for an early screening of the quantified self and digital health technology film “Personal Gold” which eventually inspired him to launch this podcast and explore the powerful intersection between between behavior change, wellness, and technology. In the film, Mark was a key advisor on leadership to one of the first guests on Wellness Force Radio back in 2015, olympians Sky Christopherson and Tamara Jenkins.
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Aloha! Josh here. Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how these episodes can allow you to break bad habits)
Thanks To Our Amazing Sponsor
Want to avoid more trips to the store and save hundreds of dollars a year on superfood supplements?
Check out Perfect Supplements.com
Go to perfectsupplements.com/wellnessforce to get your grass-fed collagen from today’s show and sign up for a free membership, plus get 10% off your entire order – just enter promo code “wellnessforce” at checkout.
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live!
Get Your Free Audio Book
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal:Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life:
- Download Your Free Wellness Technology Guide: wellnessforce.com/radio
- Don’t miss next week’s show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That’s what I call love! I do the same thing for the people, things, and movements I care about as well.
PS: Looks like you and I share the same passion. I’m grateful for you and want to extend you my email address.
Write to me and let me know what you’d like to have to get more wellness in your life!