On this episode we're diving deep into the broth of edu-tastement! Chef Lance Roll takes us through a journey about the story behind the healing powers of bone broth and how it has been revolutionizing the health and wellness industry for the past couple of years.
Heal, With Bone Broth!
The Flavor Chef, Lance Roll, has been cooking professionally for 25 years. His career started in 1998 when he joined the team with Chef Mark Strausman at Sapore Di Mare in New York. He spent 2.5 years there learning classical European cooking principals and Tuscan Cuisine.
Heal Your Gut, Heal Your Immune System
Armed with the knowledge of the body’s natural healing capacity and being a lifelong student of food, Chef Lance Roll comes in and brings us why and how bone broth aids in repairing our bodies and leading us toward holistic health and wellness.
He stands firmly behind bone broth as he himself has gone through an amazing transition, going through his personal path of healing his own health issues.
Head on over to the shop and use the code WFR10 to get 10% off on your first purchase
Listen As Chef Lance Uncovers
- The healing transition he went through after he discovered the power of bone broth
- Being Paul Chek’s student and personal chef
- His favorite books from health and wellness experts who swear by the healing properties of bone broth
- How bone broth can actually reduce protein intake for people
- Organic, grass-fed animals where bone broth should be taken from and the process it takes to get certified
- His morning routine, which I also do – and you should also be doing!
The Bone Broth Process
Chicken soup and bone broth isn’t just good for the soul: there’s a reason that it’s prescribed by doctors and mothers alike when you’re feeling under the weather.
All bone broths: beef, chicken, fish, lamb and more are staples in the traditional diets of every culture because bone broths are nutrient-dense, easy to digest, rich in flavor and–they boost the body’s ability to heal.
Chef Lance Roll takes us through the process by which bone broth is made, and how long the certain process takes. Bone broth can be done at home or obtained from external sources – but we have to make sure we get them from certified organic suppliers and that the animals were treated without cruelty.
B.R.O.T.H: Blessed Return Of Traditional Healing
Your body doesn’t recognize chemicals; it recognizes food.
Chef Lance is a big believer in using food as a healing modality, and he talks about how our bodies don’t really react to the chemicals in the things we eat.
He goes back to the traditional way of cooking – prep it, cook it, eat it. There is an emphasis here on the importance of authentic food – food that can actually be recognized by the body, and therefore can be digested and used for healing and repair.
Links From Today's Show
- Head on over to the shop and use the code WFR10 to get 10% off on your first purchase
- Nourishing Broth by Kaayla T. Daniel and Sally Fallon Morell
- Dr. Kellyann’s Bone Broth Diet by Kellyann Petrucci
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- Bone Broth Secret by Louise Hay
- How to Eat, Move, and Be Healthy by Paul Chek
Get your free audiobook download today!
You May Also Like These Episodes
- A Personal Trainer For Your Mind With Julianna Raye
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner