Discipline, Ketosis, & Emotional Fitness – Drew Manning
Building a strong and healthy physique requires more than simply adjusting our diet and exercise.
On this episode, speaker, wellness icon, and fitness professional Drew Manning shares his journey and book “Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit: The unexpected lessons from gaining and losing 75 lbs on purpose.”
To better understand his client's struggles with weight loss, Drew gained and lost 75 lbs within 1 year. His challenge proved there is much more to transforming our bodies than just knowing what to do. It also requires a degree of mental and emotional fitness to take action and follow through with our plan.
Join us on Wellness Force Radio 131 as Drew Manning tells his story of going from “Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit,” and his mission to show others that it's possible to get back into shape.
Listen To Episode 131 As Drew Uncovers:
- The experience of growing up with 10 siblings and how this impacted his health and fitness
- Why he decided to gain over 70 lbs to better understand his client's struggles
- The emotional hardships of putting on excess weight
- How stress can impact our lifestyle and wellness
- Why developing mental and emotional fitness will help us overcome physical challenges
- The power of owning our story and being vulnerable
- How to navigate the feelings of stress and overwhelm
- The importance of having a daily gratitude practice
- How to cross the chasm between where we are and where we want to be
- Ways to draw on support from our friends, family, and community
- How to use meditation for overcoming decision fatigue
- Why the industry is so focused on the Ketogenic diet
- How to make a smooth transition into Ketosis and avoid the “Keto Flu”
Top 3 Takeaways From The Episode
- We develop certain eating habits as children that can stay with us as we age. Although it's difficult to break the cycle of unhealthy eating, we can learn to enjoy fueling our body in a more nutritious way. Begin to focus on all of the benefits that come from living a healthy and energetic lifestyle. Keeping those thoughts front of mind will help us make better choices with our nutrition.
- Developing more discipline will have a massive impact on what we accomplish in our lifetime. We can begin doing this with small actionable steps every day. Studies have shown that simply making our bed each morning causes us to be 4-5 times more likely to achieve other daily goals. Start by taking 1 simple action in any area of life where you want to progress. This will build the momentum necessary for massive improvement.
- The first step to a successful Ketogenic diet is giving the body time to adapt to that style of eating. This transition into Ketosis can generally take between 30-60 days. Once the body is used to running on ketones, we can begin experimenting with the different amounts and types of carbs we consume to help us discover what is optimal for our unique body.
Power Quotes From Drew Manning
“The Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit journey completely changed the way I viewed my client's struggles.” – Drew Manning
“The physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual are all connected. When one area is lacking, the others will suffer as well.” – Drew Manning
“I found that being overweight was very emotionally challenging.” – Drew Manning
“Discipline will actually create more freedom in our lives.” – Drew Manning
“Setting up forms of accountability will help us overcome procrastination.” – Drew Manning
“Although it tends to be more challenging, it's possible to do the ketogenic diet when you're vegetarian or vegan.” – Drew Manning
“A large part of feeling the ‘Keto Flu' comes from an imbalance in our electrolytes.” – Drew Manning
“I think it's beneficial for everyone to become their own self-experimentation, and find out what's optimal for their unique body.” – Drew Manning
Drawing from the lessons and insights of his breakout website, Fit2Fat2Fit.com, personal trainer Drew Manning delivers the story of his quest to go from fit to fat to fit again in one year in order to better understand the weight-loss struggles of his clients and the online community.
Drew embarked on this journey to prove to clients, website followers, and people across the country that it is possible to get back into shape—and his bottomless desire to kindle a new hope for his readers comes through on every page of Fit2Fat2Fit.
With before and after (and after…) photos to that tell their own striking story, and intimate reflections from Drew’s wife Lynn, Fit2Fat2Fit is more than a spectacle or a gimmick; it’s an inspiring story, and sound proof that anyone can reach the level of fitness they desire to make themselves happy.
The “Fit2Fat2Fit” Podcast
The Fit2Fat2Fit Experience Podcast features Drew and Lynn Manning of www.fit2fat2fit.com and www.2fitathome.com. They bring their unique perspective on health and fitness to the podcasting world. Drew gained international media attention from his journey of gaining and losing 75 lbs. on purpose by blogging and writing a NY Times Best Selling book about it (Fit2Fat2Fit) and his wife, Lynn, is a women's fitness specialist, but is also an admitted “foodie”. With this unique
They bring their unique perspective on health and fitness to the podcasting world. Drew gained international media attention from his journey of gaining and losing 75 lbs. on purpose by blogging and writing a NY Times Best Selling book about it (Fit2Fat2Fit) and his wife, Lynn, is a women's fitness specialist, but is also an admitted “foodie.”
With this unique balance, they dive into why diets don't work. People lose weight only to gain it back. Why does it seem so hard? Because focusing on just nutrition and exercise is missing the mark. Overall health and wellness is key to long-term success and often our industry neglects this. They answer your questions and interview leaders in the industry to share secrets about real transformation and long-term success. Change comes from the inside out so join us on this journey!
About Drew Manning
Drew Manning, author of the bestseller “Fit2Fat2Fit” is on Wellness Force Radio to share his incredible experience gaining 75 pounds of flab in 6 months and then dropping it all.
His goal is to inspire people to get fit, teach them how to do it and give them hope that it IS possible to get fit and stay fit. He wants to share his comprehensive fitness knowledge with his followers so that they can know how to lose weight successfully, even though for many it’s going to be a struggle.
Drew has always had a passion for fitness. His love of fitness began at an early age and through sports, it became an addiction. This inspired him to become a certified personal trainer through NASM. He's had great success in working with people on their meal plans and workout plans that have helped them achieve their fitness goals.
Drew Manning has been featured on Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, The View, and more. His experimentation is now a hit TV show called Fit to Fat to Fit on A&E!
Links From Today's Show:
- Drew Manning:
- Drew's 60-Day Keto Program
- Drew's Book: “Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit”
- Drew on Dr. Oz
- Dan Pardi on Wellness Force Radio
- Dr. Kirk Parsley on Wellness Force Radio
- 24-Hour Fitness
- Tim Ferriss's Morning Routine
- Gretchen Rubin – Happiness is Contagious
- Shawn Stevenson
- Ben Greenfield
- Dr. Dom D'Agostino — The Power of the Ketogenic Diet
- Dr. Jacob Wilson
- Ryan Lowery
- Paul Chek
- Paleo (fx)
- Robb Wolf: Wired to Eat
- Brene Brown: Daring Greatly
- Brene Brown: Rising Strong
- Christine Hassler: The Expectation Hangover
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.