Brain Health & Personal Power
Is your brain health holding you back from stepping into your personal power?
Today, we are talking with Dr. John Gray about natural solutions for ADHD, memory, and brain performance. (including depression and how we show up in our relationships). This conversation also goes to some profound places, including our discussion near the end of the show on how internet pornography is negatively affecting men’s brains like never before.
Staying Focused In A Hyper World
John's newest book, “Staying Focused In A Hyper World” focuses on practical information to increase brain focus, memory and restore love and passion in your life and relationships.
Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus
John’s most famous book, MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, is the number one selling, non-fiction book of all time and the most trusted voice in relationships today.
He is the author of 17 books, including The New York Times #1 Best-Selling Book of the last decade, MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS. His 17 books have sold over 50 million copies in 50 different languages around the world.
For more than 35 years, John Gray has conducted public and private seminars for thousands of participants. John has made guest appearances on Oprah, Dr. Oz, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The CBS Morning Show, Larry King Live, CNN and countless more.
Listen Now As John Uncovers
- What causes ADHD in the brain
- What is the biggest obstacle for optimal brain performance
- How to recognize if an adult has ADHD
- How adult ADHD causes a lack of commitment in men
- How ADHD lowers sex drive
- How Tylenol and Acetaminophen can cause ADHD
- How internet pornography is rewiring the brain to block love and connection
- One out of ten American children have been diagnosed with ADHD,
- One out of seven American women over 55 will develop dementia,
- One out of nine American students seriously contemplate suicide every year
- Statistics reveal a greater risk of ADHD in children of divorced parents, particularly when boys are missing the regular influence of their fathers or their mothers are unable to find happiness
The Hero's Journey
John's story is powerful beyond words. From his site, we find an incredible hero's journey through thresholds of being celibate for 9 years while traveling with the Maharishi Mahesh, sleeping on a beach homeless with two college degrees, to becoming the most sought after relationship expert in the world and writing the best selling book of all time. More from John's story page below:
“In 1978, John’s brother asked him for help from a mental hospital. His brother had suffered from bipolar disorder and he was struggling to find happiness. John had encouraged meditation for him in the past but it did not help. So John left the Transcendental Meditation movement and Maharishi and returned to the United States to try to help his brother get out of depression.
John ended up in Los Angeles, California hoping to find the cure for his brother’s bipolar disorder. Los Angeles had become a hot bed of new therapies like Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Neuro-linguistic programming, Hypnosis, Scientology, Primal Scream, EST, insight Seminars, Rebirthing and Loving Relationship Trainings. But first he had to find a place to sleep.
John was homeless and living primarily on a beach in Santa Monica. He spent his days at part time jobs and reading psychology books in the public library. “I had 2 degrees but not much work experience on my resume. I was good at meditating for hours, teaching yoga and living simply with peace of mind,“ remembers John, “But those things couldn't pay all the bills back then.” Every couple days, John saved enough money for a hotel room where he could take a shower and sleep in a bed. But most nights were spent on the beach.
John recalls one night sitting by a fire on the beach with a dozen other homeless men, trying to teach them about God and their true purpose in life. “They said to me, ‘John, we love listening to you, but we have no idea what you’re talking about.’ I knew I was in the wrong place and need to move on. This was definitely not my audience,” recalls John……”
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on air!
Aloha! Josh here.
Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard! I thrive to serve better based on your words, feedback, and requests for the Wellness Force Community.
Get Your Free Audio Book
You May Also Like These Episodes
- A Personal Trainer For Your Mind With Julianna Raye
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life:
- Download your free Digital Health Transformation Guide: wellnessforce.com/radio
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love! I do the same thing for the people, things, and movements I care about as well.
PS: Looks like you and I share the same passion. I'm grateful for you and want to extend you my email address.
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life!