“With modern talk therapy and plant medicine, they both need each other in some aspect. Talk therapy is great to get people prepared for the experience of plant medicine. Not everybody who comes to Rythmia has that background, but some do and it's good that they have an idea of what their issues are or might be. Some have a history of trauma and so talk therapy helps them build a little confidence in doing the real work when they come to Rythmia. Then once they leave, the focus shifts and they have to stay on track and really be plugged in with themselves.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
On Wellness Force Radio 186, former Director of Passages Malibu and now both Chief Operations Officer and Chief Medical Director of Rythmia, Dr. Jeff McNairy, talks about how you can combine modern talk therapy with plant medicine, how to prepare yourself for plant medicine treatment, and how breath work can have just as powerful of an effect as plant medicine.
Discover how plant medicine can assist you with your inner child work in order for you to let go of the past and heal.
Save $150 Off Your Rythmia Vacation
Discover Rythmia Today
The Rythmia Life Advancement Center is a medically licensed life transformation center situated in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Their areas of focus are drug and alcohol addiction, general health and wellness and spiritual development.
Altogether, your experience at Rythmia will include:
- 7 Nights Luxury Resort Accommodations
- 21 Farm-to-table Organic Meals
- 3 “The Answer Is You” Classes Designed by Michael Beckwith
- 1 About Your Miracle Class by Gerard Powell
- 9 Yoga Classes
- 2 Hydrocolonic Cleanses
- 1 Swedish Massage
- 3 Transformational Breathwork Classes
- 1 Rythmia Way Program
- 2 Medical Evaluations Performed by Staff Physicians
We Are Rythmia
Listen To Episode 186 As Dr. Jeff McNairy Uncovers:
- Why people from the Western parts of the world have a hard time understanding what this new modality of plant medicine is all about.
- What it is that continues to drive him to work with so much passion at Rythmia.
- Their approach to ensuring that Rythmia is a medically-licensed, safe and secure place where people feel comfortable and truly enjoy their experience.
- How he has experienced healing through plant medicine.
- What he didn't know about himself as an adolescent and being the oldest of 7 siblings compared to what he knows now.
- What inner child work is and how to approach it to help yourself heal.
- The healing aspect of modern talk therapy and how it can work together with plant medicine.
- Who is and who isn't eligible for participating in plant medicine therapy.
- The breathwork experience that Rythmia provides for their guests.
- What it's like for him to live in Costa Rica and embrace the vibrant Central American culture.
- The physiology of Plant Medicine and what happens when a person takes it from a medical perspective.
- How challenging plant medicine can be and what to expect from the experience.
- Why the main ingredient of plant medicine, DMT, which brings enlightenment is still considered taboo.
- How plant medicine can help build the bridge between ancient modalities and western psychology.
- The various churches and cultures in the US and around the world who are approved to use plant medicine.
- What Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is and how they've helped bring more awareness to the use of plant medicine.
- The difference between empathy and sympathy and the importance of connecting with ourselves to connect with other people.
- What it means to him to be connected to the self.
Power Quotes From The Show
“We strongly believe in the power of the mind and the power of intention. There are a lot of studies that show that if you believe you're going to be healed using this medicine, procedure, or belief system, then often times you will be healed because your mind, body, and spirit are connected and plugged in.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
“Before I tried plant medicine, I thought I was pretty well adjusted and it turns out I was not. I learned that I had a ton of behaviors and mindframes in resistance mechanisms that were impeding me from really being happy and connected to people. I was horrible at relationships and I was angry. Even though I could mask it really well at my job while helping these people and loving my work, I was kind of a mess on an individual level.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
“Plant medicine links up with the pre-frontal cortex and the amygdala and you get to see and have awareness about what your neuron pathways were about from years past. You get to understand how the trauma you experienced as a child has been affecting you for years, build new neuron pathways, see your reality in a new light, and change your thought process about the world around you.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
“Our ego is the image that we portray to the rest of the world. It's who we want people to think we are and it's there in order to protect us. Some people are more plugged into themselves than others so their ego isn't too strong and they're more authentic. As you do plant medicine and plug into yourself, you realize that you don't need to hold onto that ego anymore.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
“I can't connect with anybody unless I'm connected to myself first. The problem with society these days with wars, conflict, and different cultural misunderstandings is that people don't feel the connection to those other people at all. The reason they don't is that they're not connected to themselves. So, if you are connected to who you are as a person, that means that you're capable of having true empathy.” – Dr. Jeff McNairy
Links From Today's Show
- Dr. Jeff McNairy
- The Reality of Truth Film
- Tangentially Speaking Podcast – Dr. Jeff McNairy
- Dr. Jeff McNairy – Plant Medicine for our Western Culture
- Transformative Travel With Plant Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Dr. Rick Doblin
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
- David Deida
- Brené Brown
- Dr. Gabor Maté
- Kyle Cease
- Buckminster Fuller
- Michael Forbes of Ageless Living
- WFR 086 Mark Divine
- WFR 137 Dr. Tim Brown
- WFR 149 Johnny Blackburn
About Dr. Jeff McNairy
Dr. Jeff McNairy, Psy.D., M.P.H. has been working in the healthcare field for 25 years. He has worked in a variety of medical environments and seen the struggle individuals have when actually trying to heal.
Through Dr. McNairy’s intense experience with the most desperate patient populations (addition, acute mental health, and trauma), he has seen that the only real healing can come from within.
Watch The Reality Of Truth Film
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.