Craig Cooper: Your New Prime
“The message of Your New Prime is about how to get out of complacency in middle age and how to start thriving forward in life. So often we get to our 40s and 50s and we think that this is it and we can't change anything. However, my message is that it doesn't have to be like that. As you age, your focus should be about thriving, not complacency.” – Craig Cooper
How can men continue to perform after they've reached their physical peak?
In Wellness Force Radio episode 166, Author, Venture Capitalist, TV Host, and Advocate for 40+ Men’s Health, Craig Cooper, join us to talk about his latest book, Your New Prime. As you listen to Craig, he will teach you how to naturally find your new prime, rekindle your physical relationship with your partner, get healthy and start to thrive.
In this episode, we dive deep into men's health and wellness in order to help them learn how they can continue to perform at their best capacity for life.
Your New Prime By Craig Cooper
Feel great and perform at your best in the boardroom, weight room, bedroom, and beyond with this indispensable health and wellness guide: Your New Prime debunks current thinking about men’s health and shows how every man can continue to operate at his peak at any age.
Getting older may be inevitable, but in Your New Prime, serial entrepreneur and men’s health expert, Craig Cooper, shows men that they don’t have to accept the “natural” aging process.
Based on the latest scientific research and Cooper’s personal experience warding off diabetes, preventing cancer, and naturally increasing his own testosterone, Your New Prime is a comprehensive guide to the questions every man has as he ages. Tailored specifically for the “New Primers,” men forty years old and up, the book covers a wide range of vital topics—from improving sexual health and the impact of decreasing testosterone to proper nutrition, preventing memory loss, surviving the “mid-life crisis,” and achieving peak physical fitness.
Your New Prime provides an indispensable 30-day program designed to help you lose weight, boost energy, and transform eating habits. Divided into easy-to-navigate sections, the book also contains essential information about how to influence “epigenetic” traits and reverse the effects of aging, while quizzes, audits, charts, tables, and callouts help readers determine and address their specific personal needs.
Practical, honest, and vitally informative, Your New Prime details a lifelong strategy for maximum health—and will help any man perform his best, no matter what his age.
Listen To Episode 166 As Craig Cooper Uncovers:
- His multiple health scares and bouts of inflammation growing up and how he didn't allow that to hold him back from living a healthy life.
- How he became so passionate about men's health and helping others with their own wellness struggles.
- Why prostate cancer shouldn't be considered an “old man's disease.”
- Why there's not a huge focus on men's health compared to women's health in the news or TV Media in the US in comparison to other countries like Australia.
- How to recreate intimacy with your partner and reactivate your physical relationship.
- Why pills, gels, and patches that promise to fix libido and raise testosterone levels will end up doing more harm than good in the long end.
- How the chemicals in fragrance, deodorant, and shampoos can negatively affect our bodies and lead to disease.
- The Porny Dilemma – how the amount of porn that people are watching is affecting their brains and relationships.
- How the digital age and online dating is affecting the new generation's relationships and their commitment to other people.
- Why having a tribe is so vital as we age towards our 50s and 60s.
- How social interactions and connections in the US compare to other countries where there's much more evidence that people have a tribe.
- His thoughts on intermittent fasting and how it can help increase testosterone production.
- The vital importance of sleep for a consistent and increased amount of testosterone levels as well as weight loss.
- How to fast while still keeping up with your caloric intake and maintaining enough muscle mass
- The proper way to measure for pre-diabetes and how to test your blood sugar levels.
- Why blood sugar is an important indicator for illnesses later on in life such as dementia.
- The Morning Syndrome when your body floods your blood with insulin and why you have to wait 45 minutes to an hour after you wake up to measure your insulin levels.
- Why he chose to be on the board for the Cognitive Health Institute and why it's so important for him.
- Why Alzheimer's is now referred to as Type 3 Diabetes and how healthy, fatty foods are so vital for the brain-gut connection.
- How turmeric and the Ketogenic Diet can help us be healthy and ward off disease, illness, and inflammation.
Power Quotes From The Show
“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
“As we age, our focus on life changes and we strive to stay in the game. Most of our injuries happen from silly accidents like tripping over a shoelace or losing our balance and falling. It's so important that we focus on the ability to put ourselves in a physical condition that allows us to participate in life at a certain level.” – Craig Cooper
“We're victims of the media telling us that our low energy, joint pain, and low libido is a natural part of aging that can be fixed with a pill or gel. Fortunately, it doesn't have to be that way. There's a massive amount of lifestyle changes that you can make which can get you back on track again.” – Craig Cooper
“Anything that activates better heart health will also activate better sexual health. For nutrition in general, the Mediterranean diet is probably the best diet for that. Too much or too little of anything can be counterproductive. Specifically, the amount of protein, fats, carbohydrates can affect sexual health and testosterone.” – Craig Cooper
“The two main naturopathic prescriptions for natural testosterone production are sleep and weight loss. Every single study supports men getting more sleep; at least seven hours every night. If you're ten pounds overweight, you'll get a 10% increase in testosterone once you lose the weight.” – Craig Cooper
Links From Today's Show:
Your New Prime by Craig Cooper
- Craig Cooper
- Your New Prime Official Website
- Cognitive Health Institute
- What APOE Means For Your Health
- Loneliness And Social Isolation Could Be Deadlier Than Obesity
- 10 Foods To Boost Nitric Oxide
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Tim Ferriss' 30-Day Challenge: No Booze, No Masturbating (NOBNOM)
- Dr. Jason Fung and Intensive Dietary Management
- Organifi Green Juice
- WFR 163 CES with Justin Andrews and Josh Trent
- WFR 137 Tim Brown of IntelliSkin
- WFR 123 Aubrey Marcus
- WFR 084 Dr. David Perlmutter
About Craig Cooper
Craig Cooper is a 54-year-old serial entrepreneur, venture capitalist, author, and TV host. He was the co-founder of Boost Mobile (USA), the Managing Director and Head of Venture Capital at Saban Ventures, and a founding Partner in the Softbank Capital Technology Fund. His venture capital funds together have raised over 800M and were early investors in many leading digital media companies including The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, xAD, Associated Content, and Buddy Media.
He was the co-host of the CNBC outdoor investment show “Adventure Capitalists” and is the Founder of CooperativeHealth, a digital media company focused on men’s health. He also recently led the strategic development and restructuring of Lionsgate Entertainment’s fitness and wellness media group. He is the Managing Partner of The Action Fund and is a board member of IQ Medical Corporation, which develops therapeutic products for foot and ankle disorders.
He is also on the advisory board of the Cognitive Health Institute which focuses on developing stem cell therapies for Alzheimer’s and other cognitive diseases. He is a contributing expert on men’s health to The Huffington Post as well as a Special Advisor to ROAR and ROAR Asia Pacific. He is also on the advisory board of Men’s Health magazine in both the USA and Australia and is an “Ambassador” for both the global men’s health foundation – “Movember” and 2XU performance sportswear. He is also a “brand evangelist” for OuterKnown and The North Face.
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
—> Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal: Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show on Ketosis? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.
- Mary Shores | Conscious Communications: Harnessing The Power of Your Word ( April 19, 2018 )
- Serene Allison & Pearl Barrett: Stop Making It So Hard ( April 16, 2018 )
- Kelly Claes & Dr. Tim Brown: Shaping Future Generations Through Movement & Sports ( April 12, 2018 )
- Christian Minson: Transformational Breath ( April 12, 2018 )
- Mary Shores | Conscious Communications: Harnessing The Power of Your Word
- Serene Allison & Pearl Barrett: Stop Making It So Hard
- Kelly Claes & Dr. Tim Brown: Shaping Future Generations Through Movement & Sports
- Christian Minson: Transformational Breath
- Jamal Kennard: Rythmia, Consciousness, & Cosmic Healing
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- August 2013
- July 2013
- July 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- May 2010
- February 2009