Ending Self-Sabotage With Mike Bundrant
Get ready for an incredible podcast as we discuss self-sabotage, and how to bring our destructive subconscious patterns into awareness.
Why do we sometimes act against our own best interests when on some level, we also know what's best for us?
The answer lies in our subconscious motivations. Most of our unconscious thoughts and patterns were learned at an early age and programmed deep into our biology. We all can greatly benefit by understanding how our subconscious mind affects our health and wellness.
The good news is, we have the ability to bring the unconscious realm into our conscious awareness.
As you'll learn on the podcast, there is great liberation in giving ourselves more space to feel, and understanding our underlying motivations of why we do what do. When we begin to take a true emotional inventory, we can turn off these negative patterns that run on autopilot. This allows us to gain more self-awareness, shift our internal narrative, and point our lives in a new direction.
How Our DNA Keeps Us Safe, but Can Lead To Self-Sabotage.
Our DNA wants us to stay safe. Unfortunately, this basic survival mechanism is causing unwanted consequences in our modern day society. The ancestral fears that used to be of real concern from a survival standpoint now manifest themselves as different forms of anxiety and imagined fears.
The problem is, these imagined fears can create biological responses similar to those caused by actual survival situations. Playing out these imagined fears on a regular basis is wrecking havoc on our nervous system and internal well-being. It can be challenging to uncover these fears, because many live in our subconscious mind and have been perpetuated for years.
Not only do these imagined fears have negative affects on the physical body, but they hold us back from taking action, achieving goals, and moving our lives closer to a desired vision.
There are ways to uncover how these survival mechanisms negatively affect us: we must take an emotional inventory and then learn to distinguish between legitimate concerns and our imagined fears.
Listen To Episode 118 As Mike Uncovers
- How he developed his passion for studying psychology and awareness.
- Why we act against our own best interest.
- How to identify unconscious patterns and drives.
- How to cross the bridge between information and implementation.
- Ways to avoid the negative narrative, and re-write thoughts of abundance.
- How to find the underlying motivation behind self-sabotage.
- Increasing your ultimate capacity for self-awareness.
- How we receive pleasure from negativity, any why that perpetuates destructive behavior.
- How we subconsciously seek the things we complain about.
- Ways to take emotional inventory, and discover if we are sabotaging our health and relationships.
- Learning to distinguish between legitimate concern and pointless self-sabotage.
- The ways we predict and perpetuate feelings of rejection.
- What Sigmund Freud and others refer to as magical thinking.
- How a rebellious mentality can stem from actually wanting to be controlled.
iNLP Center – Mike and Hope Bundrant: NLP Removing Blocks Demonstration
Top 3 Takeaways From The Show
- We need to give ourselves space to feel. This can help us to identify and stop perpetuating destructive emotions that may be running on autopilot.
- It is important to step back and take an emotional inventory of our lives. If we can identify the motivations and drives that lead to destructive behavior, we can adjust before our subconscious programming and old habits take control.
- You can revolutionize your peace and well-being by learning to distinguish between legitimate concerns and imagined fears. Today's fears are more imagined and self-created compared to those of our ancestors that were based on actual survival. If we can stop the imagined fears from dominating our mindset, we can cultivate a more powerful and abundant mentality.
Power Quotes From Mike Bundrant
- “You can't make a conscious choice about something that lies outside of your conscious awareness. “ – Mike Bundrant
- “No matter what your current level of self awareness is, or your ultimate capacity, you can increase it from where you are.“ – Mike Bundrant
- “We can have great tools, and simply not use them.” – Mike Bundrant
- “Most of the time we are not aware of the motivation behind the self sabotage.” – Mike Bundrant
- “Don't get into a situation where you are blaming yourself or other people, because that will just pile on the self-sabotage.” – Mike Bundrant
- “The big issue is to come out of denial, there is more hope healing and self control in that.” – Mike Bundrant
- “You have to own the drive within you toward self sabotage, as soon as you own it, that's when you start to realize the choices you have.”– Mike Bundrant
- “Even though sometimes we are miserable, the negativity can feel safer and more like home. With this bias towards safety, we end up on autopilot from these perceptual filters.” – Mike Bundrant
About “Your Achilles Eel” by Mike Bundrant
Would you be surprised to learn that you are getting in the way of your own happiness and self-esteem? This short, hard-hard hitting book reveals why you might be doing just that. And it tells the story in an interesting, easy style that even a child can understand.
Your Achilles Eel is written as if a forbidden part of your mind were breaking all the rules by telling you the secret that your subconscious mind has been keeping throughout your life.In fact, chances are extremely high that you have never heard of any mental or emotional phenomenon quite like this before. Yet, as you read, you’ll soon discover that this truly shocking secret explains so much!
So many of us are plagued by self-criticism, low self-esteem and bad habits. These come from deeper states of inner negativity, emptiness, helplessness, hopelessness or pessimism. Your Achilles Eel is your opportunity to discover how these unfortunate attitudes become part of you, and how they stand in the way of greater happiness, joy, peace of mind, accomplishment and celebration of life. Once you understand the message of this unique personal growth book, you can successfully apply the clearly outlined AHA process to turn your inner life into something wonderful.
About Mike Bundrant
With so much “fluffy” personal development information available today, Mike Bundrant offers a deeper perspective. He writes on the lesser known and even suppressed truth about your mind and behavior. Mike strives to create articles, books and courses that shine the light an entire level deeper into your subconscious mind. At the same time, his writing is simple enough for a child to understand. The most complex healing concepts taught in modern psychology, from Freud onward, become clear and actionable through his writing.
His books and articles are for men and women who are committed to personal growth. Many are frustrated with the current state of Western mental health systems, which focus on shallow therapies and pharmaceutical treatment. He strives to give his readers deeper insights, and the education that can radically change our paradigms.
Mike lives with his wife and children in Temecula, California. He enjoys taking annual cruises with his family, interviewing top authors on the Mental Health Exposed podcast, writing for popular natural health and personal development websites and playing with the best mutt in the entire world, his family dog, “Biscuit.”
Resources Mentioned by Mike & Josh
- Connect with Mike Bundrant and the iNLP Center via:
- Dr. John Grohol – Editor of psyche central
- Read Mike's blog at Psyche Central
- Mike's program to end self-sabotage – The AHA Solution
- Mike's book – “Your Achilles Eel“
- More on what Sigmund Freud and others call Magical Thinking
- Byron Katie's work (this consists of four questions and the turnarounds)
- Learn more about NLP; listen to the interview with Tony Wrighton
- You may also enjoy this episode: Upgrading Your Subconscious Beliefs With Bonnie Kelly
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the WFR Community on facebook
- Send Josh Trent a personal message
- Tweet me on Twitter: Send us a fun tweet (or a what's up)
- Comment on the Facebook page
- Sign up to get an email alert whenever we release a new episode
Support This Podcast
- Leave a 5 star review on iTunes
- Share this episode with someone you care about
- Contact Wellness Force Radio for podcast sponsorship and partnership opportunities
Rate & Review Wellness Force
Aloha! Josh here. Listen, I deeply value your thoughts, now let your voice be heard. I live to serve the Wellness Force even better based on your words, feedback, and requests. (including how these episodes can allow you to break bad habits)
Thanks To Our Amazing Sponsor
Check out Perfect Supplements.com
Go to perfectsupplements.com/wellnessforce to get your grass-fed collagen from today's show and sign up for a free membership, plus get 10% off your entire order – just enter promo code “wellnessforce” at checkout.
Ask A Live Question For The Next Episode
Click here to leave a voicemail directly to Josh Trent to be read live on the air.
You May Also Like These Episodes
- Food Freedom Forever With Melissa Hartwig
- Nir Eyal:Breaking Bad Habits, Technology Addiction, & Emotional Triggers
- Healthy, Happy & Harder To Kill w/ Steph Gaudreau of Stupid Easy Paleo
- Beyond Meditation: How To Get A Better Brain With Ariel Garten
- Living A Healthy Lifestyle In A Modern World With Dan Pardi
- Creating A Life Worth Living With Michael Strasner
Get More Wellness In Your Life
- Join the Wellness Force Newsletter: www.wellnessforce.com/news
- Don't miss next week's show: Subscribe and stay updated
- Did you like this show? Rate and review Wellness Force on iTunes
You read all the way to the bottom? That's what I call love!
Write to me and let me know what you'd like to have to get more wellness in your life.